Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
41321 - 41340 of 41600 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
It's definitely hunting season...

My wife's aunt posted a close up picture of fall leaves on Facebook without a caption. The leaves were yellow and orange, but had both large and small spots of red. I had no clue it was a scenery photo - I thought they were following a blood trail...LOL

I need to get out!

-jokester
My managers kid just dropped his first buck - a spikey. Young kid - happy for him.

Like you I need to get out but work keeps interfering - running to the west coast of the island Friday to reprogram a small Automation system on a factory trawler. Won't be back till somtime Saturday so won't really be in the mood to go out Sunday. My 2 weeks of holidays come up October 9 so at least I know I will get out then.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
california deplorable
11,273 Posts
well i spent the entire day loading up the truck and getting ready to head home...
i cant wait to sleep in my own bed :love:

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
QUOTE="john galt, post: 16500073, member: 193386"]
well i spent the entire day loading up the truck and getting ready to head home...
i cant wait to sleep in my own bed :love:
[/QUOTE]

How far from your home is the burn area? How close did the fire(s) come to your place? I’m glad to hear your property is apparently untouched.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Florence. I’m a ways away but haven’t seen too many people from oregon on here. Is where your at just as bad with the homeless people as Portland is?
I was supposed to go for a 3 day ride from Bend to the coast this weekend but cancelled. I don't mind hitting some rain on the Harley, but intentionally riding through a 3 day downpour just doesn't sit well with me. Would only have gone south as far as Waldport.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
For all you deer hunters out there I got home last night around 730ish after being gone all day (started day at 5AM and went to 3 different jobs) and the first thing out of my little 5 year old girls mouth, "Dad can we go deer hunting?". I was super confused because no one in my family deer hunts and only one of my uncle's somewhat pheasant/quail hunts lol. I just had to do my best to tell her that 1.) it's not deer season yet (or at least not rifle season yet here in Missouri) 2.) I don't have a hunting license and 3.) she doesn't like guns (they are to loud lol). It was adorable though and I guess now I have to go get my hunting license lol.

·
Registered
983 Posts
My little tour for work tomorrow, gonna be a long day as I still have to work once I get there. Then get to drive back Saturday. Overtime will be nice.

·
Registered
2004 F-350 CCLB egr delete, MBRP 4” turbo back exhaust, mishimoto rad
124 Posts
I was supposed to go for a 3 day ride from Bend to the coast this weekend but cancelled. I don't mind hitting some rain on the Harley, but intentionally riding through a 3 day downpour just doesn't sit well with me. Would only have gone south as far as Waldport.
Yeah a riding north of us is an awesome ride. Lots of coastline and tons of places to pull over and have lunch or whatever. Couple cool campgrounds in between Florence and Newport too. Who knows what’s shut down right now because of our lovely governor

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
My little tour for work tomorrow, gonna be a long day as I still have to work once I get there. Then get to drive back Saturday. Overtime will be nice.

You must be up by White Rock. I had a friend that just sold her condo in Birch Bay and moved back a bit south toward Seattle.

Reactions: TwinExcursions

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Yeah a riding north of us is an awesome ride. Lots of coastline and tons of places to pull over and have lunch or whatever. Couple cool campgrounds in between Florence and Newport too. Who knows what’s shut down right now because of our lovely governor
Yeah, 101 is a great ride. I have spent a bit of time on the coast. I was born and raised in the Portland area.

Reactions: TwinExcursions

·
Compression Ignition Addict
8,821 Posts
I love hunting season!

Attachments

·
Registered
983 Posts
You must be up by White Rock. I had a friend that just sold her condo in Birch Bay and moved back a bit south toward Seattle.
2 cities over from White Rock - our office is in Langley.

Birch Bay is real popular with people here, lots have places there or take their RV's there. Never been there myself - to many people, I prefer the solitude of in the bush in the mountains.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Yeah, 101 is a great ride. I have spent a bit of time on the coast. I was born and raised in the Portland area.
Yeah that's a beautiful drive the 101 - did the whole route in 1990. Incredible scenery the whole way. Also had fun @ the dunes in Oregon on the dune buggies (until I got banned for being a bit to crazy with their dune buggies - young and dumb back then).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Alright, since nobody else has done it yet, I guess it's up to me to start this one. That way we can get back to "on topic" in the "what did you do" thread :lol: No topics in particular required.........if it doesn't take off I'll kill it, otherwise I figure it may help wrangle in a couple of the other threads. Up to you guys though.

So there's the awkward start haha.....
Hello, has anyone dealt with the Company lately. Has anyone dealt with Mirror Repair Radar-Mirror repair in Texas. Thanks,

·
Premium Member
8,058 Posts
For all you deer hunters out there I got home last night around 730ish after being gone all day (started day at 5AM and went to 3 different jobs) and the first thing out of my little 5 year old girls mouth, "Dad can we go deer hunting?". I was super confused because no one in my family deer hunts and only one of my uncle's somewhat pheasant/quail hunts lol. I just had to do my best to tell her that 1.) it's not deer season yet (or at least not rifle season yet here in Missouri) 2.) I don't have a hunting license and 3.) she doesn't like guns (they are to loud lol). It was adorable though and I guess now I have to go get my hunting license lol.
Take her hunting with a camera and make some memories. They're only little once

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
I'm brushing up on my acceptance speech when I kill my elk next week.

"I'd like to thank the following sponsors who made this a reality:

Champion Underwear
Costco Muffins
Fred Meyer Fuel Center
Crest Toothpaste
Oscar Mayer Bacon
Purex Laundry Detergent
Dr. Wolfe, my dentist for new toothbrushes
Kirkland Toilet Paper"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I'm way funnier than my wife thinks I am!!

-jokester

·
Registered
2004 F-350 CCLB egr delete, MBRP 4” turbo back exhaust, mishimoto rad
124 Posts
Yeah that's a beautiful drive the 101 - did the whole route in 1990. Incredible scenery the whole way. Also had fun @ the dunes in Oregon on the dune buggies (until I got banned for being a bit to crazy with their dune buggies - young and dumb back then).

Yeah the dunes are mainly why people come to Florence, there is 3 different places to rent quads and side by sides, as well as 3 different places to rent dune buggies and get driven around. For a retirement town of maybe 10,000 people, 80% of those being 65 and older, it’s a nuthouse here all summer. Right about now is when everything quiets back down and we get our 3 stoplight, everyone knows everyone little town back

·
california deplorable
11,273 Posts
Hmmm....phone doesn't seem to multiquotes now. So we are home
And there is no place like it.
Have to .eke another run or two and then the fun begins, clean up, firewood, dialing thing in around here etc. I can tell you I missed my own bed!
Truck drove good on the way home but got real hot hauling all that stuff up the hill. 223 ECT at one point. I got a bad feeling it's my turn for head gaskets coming up here. New fan clutch didntvwant to kick in until ECT hit 218 and then it seemed less robust than the old one at 216. Maybe I will get lucky but, only time will tell.
Someone I tried to quote asked how close the fire got. Answer is 0.83 miles from my door. Or too damn close!
Anyway loving this nice big expensive bed....going to put it to the test now

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I'm brushing up on my acceptance speech when I kill my elk next week.

"I'd like to thank the following sponsors who made this a reality:

Champion Underwear
Costco Muffins
Fred Meyer Fuel Center
Crest Toothpaste
Oscar Mayer Bacon
Purex Laundry Detergent
Dr. Wolfe, my dentist for new toothbrushes
Kirkland Toilet Paper"

I'm way funnier than my wife thinks I am!!

-jokester
Don't forget Busch Light, gas station coffee!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hmmm....phone doesn't seem to multiquotes now. So we are home
And there is no place like it.
Have to .eke another run or two and then the fun begins, clean up, firewood, dialing thing in around here etc. I can tell you I missed my own bed!
Truck drove good on the way home but got real hot hauling all that stuff up the hill. 223 ECT at one point. I got a bad feeling it's my turn for head gaskets coming up here. New fan clutch didntvwant to kick in until ECT hit 218 and then it seemed less robust than the old one at 216. Maybe I will get lucky but, only time will tell.
Someone I tried to quote asked how close the fire got. Answer is 0.83 miles from my door. Or too damn close!
Anyway loving this nice big expensive bed....going to put it to the test now

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
What fan clutch did you put in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: john galt

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
Don't forget Busch Light, gas station coffee!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
And Federal ammo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: john galt
41321 - 41340 of 41600 Posts