Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
41281 - 41300 of 41569 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Finally got around to taking my pressure regulator apart and found the issue. Not sure where I got this last kit, but I made sure to put an oem Ford one back in. Seems to be better stays around 64 and only dropped to 55 ish when I stomped on it with my hot tune in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
california deplorable
11,263 Posts
Finally got my aluminum radiator in...
No leaks feels good!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
california deplorable
11,263 Posts
Try to.post pics. I still.need to do the kitty but this should sure help

·
Registered
971 Posts
Try to.post pics. I still.need to do the kitty but this should sure help

Looking really good

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Reactions: john galt

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,752 Posts
@john galt lookin good!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
california deplorable
11,263 Posts
thanks guys ... its gettin there. i want tio do a little clean up under the hood once i get all the real work done and try to keep her in good shape. she was a tad "rouugh" when i bought her so... about 9 years later and i still have things i need to do 🤣
but for tomorrow i gotta grab the internal filter and a pan so i can dump the trans fluid and i will be about ready to drag all this crap back up the hill to the house...
wish i could do injectors and kill and clean out the kitty before i go but... being evacuated is freakin expensive...

QUOTE="ZMANN, post: 16499225, member: 28325"]
SEARCH

and find my new hero
or click here with a graphic content warning ,, although no gore is shown
[/QUOTE]

evil can never be dead enough...that ****er more than had that coming what a POS

·
california deplorable
11,263 Posts
@john galt lookin good!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
two things i notice i need to drain a little coolant as i got it a tad over full....
and i need to paint over and or re-stencil that shister diesel coolant filter so it says shister instead of sinister
at least it was free so... its not like i gave them any money 🤣

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Well the Denali isnt having the best week. Got my new stealth 67 turbo installed, then new ecm and tcm finished up at 5 this morning. I had finished the night before but had an oil leak and had to pull it again. Got out here to do my first sled pull at the last event of the season, and didn't do as well as expected. Pulled 200ft the first time and alittle over the second. Truck just wasnt happy, wouldn't come up on boost. With this charger and tuning i should be an easy 600hp. After my second pull i parked and shut it down waiting till the dirt drags and when it was time to line up it wouldnt start. Apparently my new ecm is fried as my multiple different scanners and such just show no vin. I also pulled my buddies gooseneck with his pull truck up here and was having an issue with throwing a turbo code. Which puts me in limp mode with no power. The cts3 will clear it quickly but still a pain half the way up here. Ill get a vid posted shortly.

Also my buddy had a weight box come off the front of one of his trucks and drove right over it. Truck is fine, box not so much. It was his tow pig that his niece drives. Its hooked to the gooseneck and making the trip home since mine is dead. There is a video ill need to round up.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
california deplorable
11,263 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Heading out to sushi after work yesterday with my oldest son. Some idiot locks the brakes and stops in front of us on a downhill blind curve. My son brakes hard, but decides he can’t stop. So he hits the very narrow shoulder to sneak past the guy without hitting his pt cruiser. Discovered the hidden box culver 14’ below the road. Destroyed his F150. Idiot in pt cruiser pulls forward, gets out to look, slurrs a few almost unrecognizable words, then takes off.

That was a very pristine ‘04 F150 with 35’s on Method wheels. The tow company couldn’t hook a prostitute with a stack of hundreds. The rolled the truck back and forth, drug it every direction they could, and successfully destroyed anything that was still good, including a couple of expensive rods and reels that were in the topper before they tor it off

·
california deplorable
11,263 Posts
Well the Denali isnt having the best week. Got my new stealth 67 turbo installed, then new ecm and tcm finished up at 5 this morning. I had finished the night before but had an oil leak and had to pull it again. Got out here to do my first sled pull at the last event of the season, and didn't do as well as expected. Pulled 200ft the first time and alittle over the second. Truck just wasnt happy, wouldn't come up on boost. With this charger and tuning i should be an easy 600hp. After my second pull i parked and shut it down waiting till the dirt drags and when it was time to line up it wouldnt start. Apparently my new ecm is fried as my multiple different scanners and such just show no vin. I also pulled my buddies gooseneck with his pull truck up here and was having an issue with throwing a turbo code. Which puts me in limp mode with no power. The cts3 will clear it quickly but still a pain half the way up here. Ill get a vid posted shortly.

Also my buddy had a weight box come off the front of one of his trucks and drove right over it. Truck is fine, box not so much. It was his tow pig that his niece drives. Its hooked to the gooseneck and making the trip home since mine is dead. There is a video ill need to round up.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
that's the thing about mods never know if they are going to take right away or if further tweaks will be needed.
sorry you're having issues but at least it sounds like the denali is becoming a beast.

on my blue stuff...i was going more a less aluminum but after shister patented ford blue....n i went with blue silicone hoses and all the blue but not from you i could find 🤣 i do need to do something about that sinister coolant filter...everytime i open the hood and see their name i cringe :eek:

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Heading out to sushi after work yesterday with my oldest son. Some idiot locks the brakes and stops in front of us on a downhill blind curve. My son brakes hard, but decides he can’t stop. So he hits the very narrow shoulder to sneak past the guy without hitting his pt cruiser. Discovered the hidden box culver 14’ below the road. Destroyed his F150. Idiot in pt cruiser pulls forward, gets out to look, slurrs a few almost unrecognizable words, then takes off.

That was a very pristine ‘04 F150 with 35’s on Method wheels. The tow company couldn’t hook a prostitute with a stack of hundreds. The rolled the truck back and forth, drug it every direction they could, and successfully destroyed anything that was still good, including a couple of expensive rods and reels that were in the topper before they tor it off

Glad to hear you’re both okay. Sorry about the mess of a truck. The other driver sounds like a real jerk.

·
Registered
971 Posts

That is not good. Hope you and your son came out ok.

·
california deplorable
11,263 Posts

oh $#!T,
i hope he is hyper insured. and you got the loser in the pt cruisers license plate?

Reactions: TwinExcursions

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
oh $#!T,
i hope he is hyper insured. and you got the loser in the pt cruisers license plate?
One of the very cool people who witnessed it got a pic of the cruiser when he saw him getting ready to leave.

We had been following the guy for a ways. About 10 miles back my son stated that this idiot is gonna cause an accident with his driving, so he backed off. We found him again on this blind curve. He had stopped in a 55mph zone for whatever reason.

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Glad to hear you’re both okay. Sorry about the mess of a truck. The other driver sounds like a real jerk.
That is not good. Hope you and your son came out ok.

We came out pretty unscathed, which is a testament to the safe structure of the F150. That guy looked wasted, and yes, what a jerk. It will likely be my son’s fault. Technically he was driving too fast to safely stop, even though well under the posted speed. But that is the law.
And even though it would have been better to just brake hard until impact, I am proud that my son placed a higher value on human life than on any other variable.

·
Premium Member
2,979 Posts
Sorry to hear about the truck but very happy you're both ok

·
Registered
971 Posts
We came out pretty unscathed, which is a testament to the safe structure of the F150. That guy looked wasted, and yes, what a jerk. It will likely be my son’s fault. Technically he was driving too fast to safely stop, even though well under the posted speed. But that is the law.
And even though it would have been better to just brake hard until impact, I am proud that my son placed a higher value on human life than on any other variable.

Yeah it is instances like this where a good quality dash cam would be helpful. My insurance agent really stressed the importance of them for this kind of situatiin. Still don't have one myself.

Glad you both came out ok, shame about the truck.

Nice of person to supply picture of PT. Hopefully it helps your son with insurance, but probably not.

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Yeah it is instances like this where a good quality dash cam would be helpful. My insurance agent really stressed the importance of them for this kind of situatiin. Still don't have one myself.

Glad you both came out ok, shame about the truck.

Nice of person to supply picture of PT. Hopefully it helps your son with insurance, but probably not.

X2 on the dash cam. That was the second thing my son said. First thing was “I would have killed that guy if I would have hit him”!
Heard really good things about how well Wawanesa insurance pays out. Hopefully this can be the truck upgrade he has been waiting on. He was offered $14k before prices really escalated, so hopefully he comes out ok. This is stressing him out, because he is on the verge of proposing to his girlfriend, and this area is so expensive to live.

41281 - 41300 of 41569 Posts