Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
40961 - 40966 of 40966 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
So we're at Moab with the unit for 7 days. We have ran a few trails. Has anyone been out here? We hit some trails today that were narly. They call it the trifecta....poison spider, golden spike, and gold bar to Gemini. Crazy stretch we didn't intend to do. Ill need to post some vids from my wifes phone. Here are a few pics of the start of our day. There are some pics of the first "waterfall" we did.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts

My buddy and his wife were in a Yamaha Rmax. He winched up that hill. We planned on pulling me up, but I made it on my last attempt. At the end of the trail, which is most people's start, we saw a sign stating "experienced operators and winches required", needless to say i agree. I just wasn't able to source the parts in time.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
So we're at Moab with the unit for 7 days. We have ran a few trails. Has anyone been out here? We hit some trails today that were narly. They call it the trifecta....poison spider, golden spike, and gold bar to Gemini. Crazy stretch we didn't intend to do. Ill need to post some vids from my wifes phone. Here are a few pics of the start of our day. There are some pice of the first "waterfall" we did.

Looks like fun! We'll be headed that way in about 2 weeks, unfortunately our Jeep is still broken with no estimated time of repair. The vacation will not be cancelled though, so I did the next best thing. I found a set of 17's for the Mazda and put some KO2's on it lol. Definitely not an off roader but we can probably do a couple "trails".

In other news, my girlfriends parents bought a new house and put theirs up for sale, the easiest way to get 4 kids and 4 adults out of the house to show the house is to go on vacation so they are headed down to Tillamook, OR and invited us. We are headed down there Friday, the ring wasn't supposed to be done until the 12th (a day before we leave for Utah), and now it should be done Friday! Maybe I'll be proposing down there, who knows.

In truck updates I finally got rid of the plastic CAC pipe, I'm not sure if this was the best move though. It was only $100 so I knew it'd be a gamble lol but I might just try to source the stock metal cold side and go back to stock CAC pipes. I definitely have to get new boots and clamps, these ones are terrible. I actually ended up ripping the one that goes to the intake horn which is why that boot is there but looks like I'll buying the rest of the Riffraff boots. Has anyone replaced these clamps with regular good ole hose clamps? I'm debating on trying that.

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
563 Posts
I'm looking at getting third vehicle - something that gets higher than 20mpg. Can't seem to get away from the idea of a Scion xb. I've heard they're roomy - and since I'm 6'3", roomy is good.

Haven't canceled out the idea of another vehicle, but finding a decent cheap car is difficult.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I'm looking at getting third vehicle - something that gets higher than 20mpg. Can't seem to get away from the idea of a Scion xb. I've heard they're roomy - and since I'm 6'3", roomy is good.

Haven't canceled out the idea of another vehicle, but finding a decent cheap car is difficult.
My CX5 is pretty good, I average about 28 mpg (before the KO2's) and it's AWD. Not sure on your price range but so far it seems like a pretty good car. I'm only 5'9 but there's plenty of room for me, my tools, and the dog lol.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Looks like fun! We'll be headed that way in about 2 weeks, unfortunately our Jeep is still broken with no estimated time of repair. The vacation will not be cancelled though, so I did the next best thing. I found a set of 17's for the Mazda and put some KO2's on it lol. Definitely not an off roader but we can probably do a couple "trails".

View attachment 776918

In other news, my girlfriends parents bought a new house and put theirs up for sale, the easiest way to get 4 kids and 4 adults out of the house to show the house is to go on vacation so they are headed down to Tillamook, OR and invited us. We are headed down there Friday, the ring wasn't supposed to be done until the 12th (a day before we leave for Utah), and now it should be done Friday! Maybe I'll be proposing down there, who knows.

In truck updates I finally got rid of the plastic CAC pipe, I'm not sure if this was the best move though. It was only $100 so I knew it'd be a gamble lol but I might just try to source the stock metal cold side and go back to stock CAC pipes. I definitely have to get new boots and clamps, these ones are terrible. I actually ended up ripping the one that goes to the intake horn which is why that boot is there but looks like I'll buying the rest of the Riffraff boots. Has anyone replaced these clamps with regular good ole hose clamps? I'm debating on trying that.

View attachment 776919
I used a hose clamp in an emergency when clamp broke. Changed immediately after I got home - I would not recommend for regular use.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

40961 - 40966 of 40966 Posts