Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

40561 - 40580 of 40722 Posts

·
california deplorable
11,159 Posts
that irish bastard murphy has had my number for far too long.
now i swear he is working in tandum with oriely

·
california deplorable
11,159 Posts
tomato potato 🤣

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
well i gotta a weird one for you.

i am on my way to reno and i start to hear a whine then notice the steering getting stiff. im kinda freaking out get to the next exit and damn near lost brakes and steering.
i fill it from damn near empty (now i am really freaking out) and everything is fine. till i notice it is POURING out!
well i limp it to the parts store and check aroud and finally find the leak i had to buy a set of chickens feet to fix it but it was a hose that got lose? i have had a hose rupture but never just come lose on a truck i have been driving since 2012.
i got it ithgtened up and it doesnt seem to still be leaking so...but that is still not normal in my experience
I had a new hydra-boost unit ready to install for several months, due to a severe case of procrastination. When I finally checked more thoroughly, it was a loose hose leaking. Easy fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,742 Posts
Got a guy at work that's calls them sheep's feet. Lmao

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
california deplorable
11,159 Posts
don't get me wrong i am not complaining about buying new tools instead of one off parts...
it just was weird and i spent my entire day worried about my truck.

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Got a guy at work that's calls them sheep's feet. Lmao

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
california deplorable
11,159 Posts
i guess my screen is still turned down from trying to not wake the wife last night.. .
took me a bit to figure that was not a drawing of someones foot that had been run over by the roller 🤣

so i am waiting on fed ex and ups. at first it was race day for me "who will get here first?"
now its more of a "i wonder if either are actually going to get here today?"

·
california deplorable
11,159 Posts
update ups drove by to get to a neighbor, and now both ups and fed ex have rescheduled deliveries for tomorrow 🤣

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Pulling my CAT now. The front with the two screws came off easy enough, but the rear is jammed into the "catalytic converter-to-exhaust intermediate pipe coupling."

I'm on break now. I might be on break until tomorrow. No rush for me to fix this truck. My excuse will be "I'm letting the WD40 soak in."

·
Registered
2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CCSB - EGR deleted, IPR coolant filter, figuring out what else.
213 Posts
Pulling my CAT now. The front with the two screws came off easy enough, but the rear is jammed into the "catalytic converter-to-exhaust intermediate pipe coupling."

I'm on break now. I might be on break until tomorrow. No rush for me to fix this truck. My excuse will be "I'm letting the WD40 soak in."
WD-40? Not PB Blaster?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Couple life updates over here, we adopted this young man on Tuesday! His name is Sage, he is between 1 and 3 years old but the people we got him from got him from an adoption agency and they didn't know his age or much information on him. The people we got him from were allergic to him so they had to give him up. Dog adoption is harder than I thought it'd be, we applied for 3 dogs and each took a couple weeks to respond and said that those dogs had already been adopted. We ended up finding this guy off Craigslist, if anyone asks he's just a lab mutt, totally no pitbull in him lol.

Also with all the materials shortages, I never thought of gold / diamonds but now that I'm on the hunt for an engagement ring I've found out those are pretty impossible to find, especially yellow gold. Right now I put a deposit on a custom ring because I can't find anything she would like. With the power of CAD and my terrible photoshop skills, this is what we have come up with, in a couple weeks they should have a wax creation done.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Couple life updates over here, we adopted this young man on Tuesday! His name is Sage, he is between 1 and 3 years old but the people we got him from got him from an adoption agency and they didn't know his age or much information on him. The people we got him from were allergic to him so they had to give him up. Dog adoption is harder than I thought it'd be, we applied for 3 dogs and each took a couple weeks to respond and said that those dogs had already been adopted. We ended up finding this guy off Craigslist, if anyone asks he's just a lab mutt, totally no pitbull in him lol.

View attachment 775643

Also with all the materials shortages, I never thought of gold / diamonds but now that I'm on the hunt for an engagement ring I've found out those are pretty impossible to find, especially yellow gold. Right now I put a deposit on a custom ring because I can't find anything she would like. With the power of CAD and my terrible photoshop skills, this is what we have come up with, in a couple weeks they should have a wax creation done.

View attachment 775644 View attachment 775645
Congrats on the engagement.

Nice dog. Having a dog around is awesome. Our boy is at the end of his life - gonna have to make the hard decision sooner then later.

Ring looks good - nice CAD work and the Photoshop looks pretty good to me. Like to learn 3D CAD but not much time left in the career - I'll just stick with my electrical drafting.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
WD-40? Not PB Blaster?
I don't think there's that much of a difference. I've used PB Blaster before when I could not find WD40. There's a couple YouTube videos I watched before that found so little difference between different penetrants that they could find no difference. I'm not positive either penetrates very far.

I could not let the CAT sit all night half taken out, so I finished the job. The test pipe comes without a exhaust bracket. Little road test tomorrow to see if the CAT was raising my EGTs.

·
california deplorable
11,159 Posts

View attachment 775643

View attachment 775644 View attachment 775645
he's adorable!
i like dogs so much better than most people i meet. biggest hearts on earth, just pure love.
mine is laying at my feet on the bed right now adopting him was easy he just showed up out here and didnt want to ever leave. he is about 13 now and slowing down far more than i would like.
but he is one of the greatest dogs i have ever had.
and great job on the ring. i have a guy that does custom in Tahoe but it sounds like you have a wax casting guy already so.. .

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
congrats @Red Ford on the new friend and the engagement.

I got a dog from someone local who just had to get rid of him for how big he was getting. From a distance he looked like a short block headed lab. Then when he got closer and you saw them little ears, the just absolute stacked muscle on him, and that pit bull smile you could tell he wasn't a lab/collie mix like I was told lol. He was a good dog for me and my wife but he hated everyone else and got to where he was dangerous to have other people feed him when we were out of town. He ended up wandering off one day and killed some neighbors chickens so unfortunately he had to get a case of lead poisoning. He was a fun dog for me though. He was named Rambo and it fit well.

·
Premium Member
7,967 Posts
I don't think there's that much of a difference. I've used PB Blaster before when I could not find WD40. There's a couple YouTube videos I watched before that found so little difference between different penetrants that they could find no difference. I'm not positive either penetrates very far.

I could not let the CAT sit all night half taken out, so I finished the job. The test pipe comes without a exhaust bracket. Little road test tomorrow to see if the CAT was raising my EGTs.
Best stuff I've ever used is Kroil

·
Premium Member
2,964 Posts
Best stuff I've ever used is Kroil
This!!

If you ever want to know some good tips, tricks, and knowledge, pay attention to what farmers do and use. Their time is extremely important, and usually, they don't waste time with things that don't work!

-jokester

·
california deplorable
11,159 Posts
kroil i havent used. but i have heard good things from pretty much everyone
project farm did a video on different penatrants but it has been a while since i saw it and dont remember the results...

i have had the best results with pb blaster or liquid wrench and or trans fluid with wd40
but the best i have found typically is heat.

link because i was able to find it...

Reactions: Treehick

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
kroil i havent used. but i have heard good things from pretty much everyone
project farm did a video on different penatrants but it has been a while since i saw it and dont remember the results...

i have had the best results with pb blaster or liquid wrench and or trans fluid with wd40
but the best i have found typically is heat.

link because i was able to find it...
Ya that guy is good. I like his videos.

I also like the wd rust release penetrant oil. Works great for me in lubing up rollers, hinges, latches, sticky motors, and motor shafts when replacing wheels or blades.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

40561 - 40580 of 40722 Posts