Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

40301 - 40320 of 40327 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
@j.mo
If the Dodge doesn’t come thru. This is a pulling beast. Nothing out there pulls better than a 6.7PS w/10 speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
That's a badass looking ride @Flamed99
Thanks, been a money pit since the day I bought it last month, lol. This thing surprises me everytime i take it out. I've owned some pretty capable trucks over the years but this thing is on another level. Really looking forward to spending a couple weeks in Moab with it and the family in August. Here is a few vanity shots of last weekends excursion. You can imagine how the wife sounded as i crawled up these rocks on the edge of the mountain. And a quick video of running thru a creek on the same trip. Lets just say the roof and windshield are NOT water tight.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
@j.mo hahaha and apparently it also comes with Septic tank repair instructions according to mr. @backhoebill
Too funny.....I meant to include the dealer details, not the parking garage for the dodge

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Ran the Denali down low as I ever have at an 1/8 tank. Had to stop at a hundo because I just couldnt bring myself to go over. I'm not even full, 7/8 of a tank. Wish the 6.0's held this much fuel in a short box.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
I appreciate that @backhoebill but XLT isn’t my steez playa.

@Flamed99 34gal on my short bed ram.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
I appreciate that @backhoebill but XLT isn’t my steez playa.

@Flamed99 34gal on my short bed ram.

I figured that. I wouldn’t buy anything less than a Lariat or King Ranch unless it was a work truck myself. But I figured I’d post it for anyone else looking for a decent deal.

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
436 Posts
@Flamed99 40 gallons in my Chassis Cab. For those of you that have Kroger fuel pumps, they stop at 35 gallons and make you swipe again. Such a pain. But, not as annoying as a price limit.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
@bismic both mine have the harpoon mod and 26 is the best i can squeeze in either with low fuel light on for awhile. I cut everything off inside the tank so i dunno if my low fuel light is leaving me more than i think or what.

@j.mo manual says 36 gals in this. I usually fill at 1/4 tank and fit 32+ gals.

@Treehick totally different monster than a short box truck, lol.

I was mainly posting this because over $100 for a tank of fuel is chit but .40 cheaper than two weeks ago. I do have almost 500 mile range though.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
@Flamed99 we liked our Suburban 2500 with the 6.0, but it sure sucked the gas. Really didn't have the power I thought it should at elevation either. It was an '05 so I'm sure the newer ones are 'mo betta.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
@Flamed99 we liked our Suburban 2500 with the 6.0, but it sure sucked the gas. Really didn't have the power I thought it should at elevation either. It was an '05 so I'm sure the newer ones are 'mo betta.
I was talking about my super duty 6.0's. This Denali has the duramax. My buddy has an 05,06,07 duramax and they all have 26gal tanks.

The GM 6.0 really isnt much better than the 5.3 just use more fuel. Until you boost them then its a different story. The 6.2 that came out in 07 is leaps and bounds better than the 6.0.

I know its not everyone's cup of tea, but a cam, intake and exhaust, and a tune brings out the power and fuel mileage of any LS engine.

Also the newer stuff isnt really much better. I had a 2000 gmc 1500 5.3, had good power and got 15mpg really all the time. My 07 escalade with the 6.2 had tons more power than the 5.3 and averaged 14mpg. My wife's 2016 chevy 1500 with a 5.3, while has more power than the old 5.3, really doesn't get that good of mileage. Ya at 65 it will get 20mpg, but any load, head wind, or over 80 it drops to under 12.

·
Premium Member
2,960 Posts
Here’s a few photos of the day.
Water level quite depressing. Very low. 65% capacity currently which is typical of late September levels. This is a private reservoir owned by the water agency, which is nearly 100% every season. Rollins lake for those familiar.

We watched a young buck come down for a drink and a dip, and a bald eagle fly his route. Was great!

All the lakes up here are full, even the water don't want to stay in commiefornia ;)

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,715 Posts
Well, all the parts are ordered. Now I get to stare at my front door for a week waiting for delivery.

FASS 140
Holders Premium 190/30s
Beans Sump w/return to replace my old style
Discrete Diesel regulated return
Discrete Diesel fuel bowl delete
6.4 oil filter housing

Huge shout out to @LoxDiesel for getting me parts when everyone was out of stock. You da man!

Also, if anyone is looking for a sump just get the G&R sump. Lol

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
741 Posts
Pretty much all day everyday, my phone rings. With people requiring something from me.
Ever have those days where you just want to throw your phone out the window and people figure out their own **** for once?
Story of my life. I refer to it as, "Help me, Forrest! Help me!"

Archoil Sale - Don't flame me (too hard) over the source.

Reactions: mbsfield18

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I swear things like to go wrong at the beginning of the months lol, March my laptop died, last month we had our rental car issue, today the key fob on my Mazda died and I just got a flat tire on it fixed Saturday lol. Still got to work in time but my laser died half way through the job so I get to spend another $700 on a new laser...

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
@backhoebill
How bout that doge

Reactions: backhoebill

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
@backhoebill
How bout that doge

It sucks. I sold at .34 and made a total of $2700. But I could have made an extra $4500 if I waited till today

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Naw the ETH Ethereum and Ethereum classic is where the money is at this week! $$$$

It will be interesting to see how high dogie coin goes during and after Saturday night live.

Um 6.0 related still wish I had an excursion... might find a gas one and start a swap project... think it would be the perfect time.
I have no garage space, no time and funds tied up into other ventures.

40301 - 40320 of 40327 Posts