Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

40281 - 40300 of 40325 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I posted a bit ago about tires. I’m down to General ATX and and BFG TA 02 In 275/65/20 for the Harley 20” s anyone experience with either ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ran the KO2's on my '06 and my '11 and I loved them. We had them on our shop truck that we drove all across the country and never ran into an issue. I can't say we took it through a lot of mud but that truck seen some deep snow, tons of rain, etc. and we always had traction which is why I got them for my trucks. The only reason I don't have them now is they don't make them in a 37x13.5R20. I am however trying to track down smaller wheels for my Mazda because those are the tires I'm putting on it.

If the Jeep ever gets sorted out we want to put them on it as well. The dealer decided it just needed an oil change... So far it's driven 40 miles with no check engine light so I guess we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
This may be a dumb question, please bear with me lol. I've un plugged literally everything trying to figure out this power issue but I left the after market starter solenoid in. This is that theft avoidance thing to where it won't let the starter actuate without pushing a blue tooth button on a key fob. Could it be possible that that is running all the time draining the power? I do have the multimeter but I can't find a draw anywhere, however I'm a carpenter and electrical isn't my specialty.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
This may be a dumb question, please bear with me lol. I've un plugged literally everything trying to figure out this power issue but I left the after market starter solenoid in. This is that theft avoidance thing to where it won't let the starter actuate without pushing a blue tooth button on a key fob. Could it be possible that that is running all the time draining the power? I do have the multimeter but I can't find a draw anywhere, however I'm a carpenter and electrical isn't my specialty.
I doubt that it pulls enough power to kill 2 batteries. A lot of "power draws" are actually bad batteries. Have you load tested them? The alternator is another place to look at for draw down. Anyway, if one battery is bad, it will pull the other battery down, killing them both. A broken plate or terminal will cause this, even in new batteries, you can't see this, it's inside the case.
I'd disconnect the batteries and load test them. Even a fully charged battery can fail a load test.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I doubt that it pulls enough power to kill 2 batteries. A lot of "power draws" are actually bad batteries. Have you load tested them? The alternator is another place to look at for draw down. Anyway, if one battery is bad, it will pull the other battery down, killing them both. A broken plate or terminal will cause this, even in new batteries, you can't see this, it's inside the case.
I'd disconnect the batteries and load test them. Even a fully charged battery can fail a load test.

Not sure what a load test is, but I've had 2 auto parts stores test the batteries, alternator and starter, and I had a shop find out what CCA the batteries are putting out. The auto parts stores both said batteries and starter is good, 1 said the alternator is bad and the other said it was good. The shop that tested the CCA came back with 717 and 752 out of 850 CCA. I'll look into load testing and get back to you.

Reactions: john galt

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Not sure what a load test is, but I've had 2 auto parts stores test the batteries, alternator and starter, and I had a shop find out what CCA the batteries are putting out. The auto parts stores both said batteries and starter is good, 1 said the alternator is bad and the other said it was good. The shop that tested the CCA came back with 717 and 752 out of 850 CCA. I'll look into load testing and get back to you.
You did a load test. Take the test with a grain of salt, they see low power batteries, not dual battery systems. I also get the alternator bad test when I go. It's been at least three years since I got the alternator bad test with no problems.

A parasitic draw test could be next. Short way to do it is unplug both batteries, re-hook one of the grounds and put an amp meter in line with the positive cable and positive battery post, wait for sleep mode, and pull fuses until the amps go down. There's a bit more to it than that, but that's a start.

·
Registered
600 Posts
He’s working out great, I’m alone all day so now having a buddy is pretty awesome. Got blown up one to many times IEDS suck, guess it’s made me a little off but oh well that’s life.

Nice to see the dog is working out good for you (y).

Thanks again for serving and making the sacrifices to your life that have resulted from your service - 100% respect for you.

·
california deplorable
11,096 Posts
My brain was scrambling to think of what that is. The photo title eventually helped. :)

All I can say is wow! I haven't seen one of those in years. That's a great find! Kinda looks like a mid-to-late 90's camaro in a way.

Is it the GSI? I remember those.. kinda wanted one for a while.

My son came home with a 1990 Foxbody GT last September. He's thrown a lot of parts at it too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
yup 91 GSI same year and model as the one we had years ago.
thing is SO much fun on our mountain roads.

·
california deplorable
11,096 Posts
the impulse version came with lotus suspension a turbo and all whell drive options
i would LOVE to do all that at some point but i cant even find door handles for it anymore.
the 400hp v6 option is still available but...with the pervert joey playing pretend resident i want to keep the MPG up the best i can and just get it all cleaned out inside and out and keep it purring

Reactions: mbsfield18

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Did they disconnect the batteries? If they were still hooked up /together, then that's a bad load test and at least one battery is shot.

The shop did when they came up with the CCA numbers, but the auto parts stores did not.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Pretty much all day everyday, my phone rings. With people requiring something from me.
Ever have those days where you just want to throw your phone out the window and people figure out their own **** for once?

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Pretty much all day everyday, my phone rings. With people requiring something from me.
Ever have those days where you just want to throw your phone out the window and people figure out their own **** for once?

I should call you

·
Registered
5,633 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Jeep is scheduled for visit #4 this month, we are now in "unrepaired nonconformity" under Washington lemon law and I made that very clear to the dealership. I never thought I'd be the one telling someone how to do their job but I did ask them this time that instead of starting with software updates and oil changes, let's start with were the book says to start and that would be the $50 sensor if the oil level is good, then if the problem remains we go to the oil pump. Not sure how far that'll get me but hopefully it'll get us farther than them sucking up the free oil changes.

Reactions: TwinExcursions

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Found this today installing my new inner cooler. Wonder how long this has been like this.

You should clean that up before you start having problems with it. Hahaha

·
california deplorable
11,096 Posts
at least that can be soldered...

·
Registered
5,633 Posts

Today was a day I threw the phone away for a while.
Summer and I took the boat out, just us. Just to hang and relax.
By the days end I had about 50 text messages, 15 missed calls or so and 10 voicemails.
Only 1 person received a response and that was “at the lake”

I’m sure I’ll pay for it later. But man was it great!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Here’s a few photos of the day.
Water level quite depressing. Very low. 65% capacity currently which is typical of late September levels. This is a private reservoir owned by the water agency, which is nearly 100% every season. Rollins lake for those familiar.

We watched a young buck come down for a drink and a dip, and a bald eagle fly his route. Was great!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I did the same thing today, as far as ignoring my phone, but took the unit out instead. Found a hot spring along the way.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

40281 - 40300 of 40325 Posts