Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

39241 - 39260 of 39674 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
You just can't have anything nice anymore... I woke up to this on the back of my truck so that's wonderful. Of course my apartment complex does not have security cameras so they can't / won't do anything about it. I highly doubt I'm going to last the full 10 months here. I still have 8 months, 29 days and counting.

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
You just can't have anything nice anymore... I woke up to this on the back of my truck so that's wonderful. Of course my apartment complex does not have security cameras so they can't / won't do anything about it. I highly doubt I'm going to last the full 10 months here. I still have 8 months, 29 days and counting.

That would make me LIVID!!! I HATE when people touch my stuff...grrrrr!

-jokester

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Filled mine from 1/3 tank to full $180.00 Canadian :-(. Plus the cost of the diesel additive (Stanadyne)
Danm that's a lot 1.10 $/liter here in the montreal region

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,704 Posts
We've only had a few ecoboosts in for serious issues, all turbo related. If I we're to buy a newer F150 itd be an ecoboost for sure. My uneducated opinion. Lol

I will say I drove a Raptor ecoboost a few weeks ago and that was FUN.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

Just leave it. They are going to put it back..and who don’t like 2 chicks doing their thing...

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Asking for a friend (really) what's the best engine in a newer F150? Daily driving and pulling a horse trailer. @LoxDiesel @waggonerj @[email protected] Or anyone else with real world experience.
Jack's gf is wanting a newish truck, she's hoping to come stay with us for a bit after graduation. BTW for those who knew him, it's been 10 months today since we lost him. Can't believe how fast time moves along and how much the world has changed in that time.
A few guys at work have the EcoBoost and love them. One guy has the smaller eco and other has the bigger. They've had no problems that I know of. Buddy with the smaller motor runs the dogpiss out of his. Lol. I'd get the bigger motor if I was buying one. If we didn't have a TT, I'd buy one but I don't trust an F150 pulling a 35 foor 7,700lb trailer thru mountains personally.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
303 Posts
Since dad is nearing retirement and is interested in selling his 5.4 f250, I asked my buddy what truck he'd recommend for dad and he said the 5.0 f150. 2011 or newer, if I remember correctly. Said dad shouldn't have a problem pulling anything he has which is a tandem axle trailer and tandem axle 5 ton dump. And it's super comfortable.

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
693 Posts
My buddy bought a new F150 with the 5.0 and loves the truck itself. However, the engine is consuming oil and if it goes back to Ford again they're going to replace the engine. I don't keep up with much outside of this forum so I don't know how rampant that issue is.

My wife has an Explorer Platinum AWD 3.5 EB which is the only experience I have with an EB engine. For what it is: it sure is fast if you wind it up. We've never pulled anything with it since we have the trucks though I'm tempted to pull my 19' CC with it one time "just because".

Reactions: Treehick

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
303 Posts
My wife has an Explorer Platinum AWD 3.5 EB which is the only experience I have with an EB engine. I'm tempted to pull my 19' CC with it one time "just because".
If you do, let us know how it performs. :)

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Are the lights something that we can replace in the gauge cluster without soldering?
Yes I just replaced them with LEDs... but i guess i got the wrong kind and need to reorder the fixture you place them into :(

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Yes I just replaced them with LEDs... but i guess i got the wrong kind and need to reorder the fixture you place them into :(
Boo!

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Mine are too bright. the fixture u plug into and then they twist onto the back of the cluset/ board has 2 metal tabs that make contact w/ the board to give the power. well the trwist lock fixture... ill call it... wasnt correct. On top of that i think i need a resistor. i am going to just order the stuff from FORD or go buy a junk cluster and take them out.

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
On a side note... Would you guys trust the National brand/ Napa wheel hub bearings? I replaced my rear hub bearing w/ timkens like 40-50k ago and i am swapping my axle... out of convenience to my cold *** garage, i wanna just replace the bearings in the old hubs rather than use mine. Would i regret NAPA brand bearings?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Well I have another dilemma. Just getting off the freeway the truck shows low oil pressure on the dash. I couldn't find any obvious issue, oil is still 3/4 on the dip stick and it was just changed 250 miles ago. I was only 2 miles from where we were going so turned the truck back in and went and there was no low oil pressure warning.

Im still here but trying to decide if it was a possible fluke (one can hope, right?) Or if I should get it towed home. Anyone have any advice as to if I should drive an hour home or tow it? Also what should I be checking?

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Was your ICP fluctuating at all? Anything else on the dash affected?

-jokester

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,704 Posts
Well I have another dilemma. Just getting off the freeway the truck shows low oil pressure on the dash. I couldn't find any obvious issue, oil is still 3/4 on the dip stick and it was just changed 250 miles ago. I was only 2 miles from where we were going so turned the truck back in and went and there was no low oil pressure warning.

Im still here but trying to decide if it was a possible fluke (one can hope, right?) Or if I should get it towed home. Anyone have any advice as to if I should drive an hour home or tow it? Also what should I be checking?
Most likely an oil pressure switch issue, but I'd thread in a guage to make sure.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I agree, probably the switch. My OP gauge quit working and I got a low pressure warning a few years ago. The switch just needed replaced. I don't know if the truck would even run if your low oil pressure was below the threshold where the warning message was supposed to come on. But I know very little, my truck idles at 4500 according to the tach.

39241 - 39260 of 39674 Posts