Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

39221 - 39240 of 39588 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I've replaced mine. They can be kind of a pain, so take your time. The bulbs I've used don't seem to last long as I already have a couple out. I've got a pack of LEDs sitting on my bench but I've been to busy with other things to mess with them.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Jesus.
The 60k service on my truck is $1200.
That is transmission filters, flush and fill 17qts of fluid.
Power steering fluid
Brake fluid
T case fluid
Diff service

Let’s be generous and say $300 in fluid and filters.
That leaves 7.2hr labor at $125/hr.
There is no way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SparkyF250

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Jesus.
Power steering fluid
Brake fluid
T case fluid
Diff service

There is no way.

Dealership $$

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Jesus.
Power steering fluid
Brake fluid
T case fluid
Diff service

There is no way.

I used dealers for service and repairs for too many years to remember. They most always got the repair or service right the first time and of course knew their product very well. For this comfortable relationship, I paid them more money than others would normally charge but I was happy with the arrangement. I stayed with them so long because finding a knowledgeable and reputable mechanic was always a crap-shoot...and who has the time? But one day they got too greedy (over a sizeable amount of money) and they crossed my line in the sand.

Finding a good shop after that really wasn't as tough as I anticipated...lol...and I don't have to call for an appointment!

Reactions: TwinExcursions

·
Registered
504 Posts
Jesus.
Power steering fluid
Brake fluid
T case fluid
Diff service

There is no way.

That's why I refer to them as Stealerships not Dealerships.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
504 Posts
dealers go off what the manufacturer says it should take time wise and charges based off that, if you're good and efficient you can finish it faster which is how techs can make money
Yeah the book rate is a good deal for the techs in any shop. Gives them a chance to make good money if they are good at their job.

Reactions: john galt

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
Well, my truck no longer runs 20MPH sitting still. Seems like it got it's bearings back again. And I didn't even get a chance to try the reset yet LOL

Still think i'm gonna send it out to CBM eventually for the true fix and the LED backlight upgrade. Till then...here's to it working! :D

-jokester

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Put 45 bucks in my truck today. Put me to 3/4 of a tank. Probably should've just filled it up but it sits. Sure prices are going to skyrocket at any moment with sleepy Joe in office now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
504 Posts
Put 45 bucks in my truck today. Put me to 3/4 of a tank. Probably should've just filled it up but it sits. Sure prices are going to skyrocket at any moment with sleepy Joe in office now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Filled mine from 1/3 tank to full $180.00 Canadian :-(. Plus the cost of the diesel additive (Stanadyne)

·
Registered
504 Posts
I am back to the weight I was when I was only 20. It has taken a lot of stress off of my knees. I will be 59 in April and if I keep this up I may still have my OEM knees when I hit 60 🤣
I'm 52 and I feel that way.
Wow I am very happy for both of you, you are in a good position.

Wish I could say the same, spent the last two weeks running a refit on a local ferry and due to shortage of qualified people had to assist on the work. I took the "easy" work of cleaning/tightening electrical connections in control consoles/switchboards/control boards - this required working on my knees/back/sides all sorts of convoluted positions. My knees, lower back, etc, are punishing me beyond belief.

I lecture the young "kids" at work non stop on using knee pads/cushions/etc. and taking breaks from awkward work positions to prevent what I am going through due to NOT doing this when younger. Hopefully they will end up the same as you two.

·
Premium Member
7,890 Posts
Asking for a friend (really) what's the best engine in a newer F150? Daily driving and pulling a horse trailer. @LoxDiesel @waggonerj @[email protected] Or anyone else with real world experience.
Jack's gf is wanting a newish truck, she's hoping to come stay with us for a bit after graduation. BTW for those who knew him, it's been 10 months today since we lost him. Can't believe how fast time moves along and how much the world has changed in that time.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Asking for a friend (really) what's the best engine in a newer F150? Daily driving and pulling a horse trailer. @LoxDiesel @waggonerj @[email protected] Or anyone else with real world experience.
Jack's gf is wanting a newish truck, she's hoping to come stay with us for a bit after graduation. BTW for those who knew him, it's been 10 months today since we lost him. Can't believe how fast time moves along and how much the world has changed in that time.
Still heartsick for you.
I have never talked to someone who “actually owns” an ecoboost that has had problems. but people on the forums always seem to “know someone” who has had multiple turbo failures. I WILL be buying an ecoboost truck at some point. I have driven them, and the mpg is incredible. The power is astounding. I have owned big rigs with 1,000,000 miles on the factory turbo pushing 18psi all day, so I am not afraid of turbo issues. Everyone I know that owns one, absolutely loves it, and will replace it with another when the time comes. Get her the 2.7.
That being said, the 5.0 is all but indestructible.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Nice sunny morning - calm before we get 5 days of snow. Just my luck go on road trip for work and dealing with snow the entire trip Woo Hoo

39221 - 39240 of 39588 Posts