Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

39121 - 39140 of 39225 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
The censorship game is on hard right now I saw that all of the big tech companies dropped parlor “probably didn’t spell that right”. I tried that app out just to check out Dan bongino a while back and didn’t care for the format. I try to limit my self with only 2-3 minutes of news a day, that’s about all I can stomach anymore before I want to through things. Also, Found out my neighbor 4 doors down with a super clean v-10 f350 got stolen right in front of his house on Saturday night. California is going in the toilet I’m so happy my house is in the last few weeks of escrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I’m afraid it’s not only California. The whole country is getting Californified. Might as well stay and enjoy the weather lol.

I’m afraid this life is going to be the new normal. Humans have learned behavior patterns. So if you change normal for long enough, whatever that change is becomes the new normal. Which really sucks. I had a pretty good gig going on the last few years. Business is in the ****s, and it appears that won’t be changing anytime soon. This seems the beginning of the end for the gas and oil business.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I agree it’s not just here, it’s all the blue states and those turning blue. Eventually it will be everywhere but that will take some time. I came back here to run my family’s business 4 years ago and up until COVID we were doing fantastic. We could survive the storm here if we stayed, I just don’t think the stress of running a business and the bs of living here is worth it. Luckily I’m young enough to retrain my self and go a different route. I just hate feeling like I’m following the train of people up to Idaho. I had other choices, Florida Texas and central Cali figured it would be some nice weather for a summer trade program. I only plan on being there from June to October for school and then where ever I get hired from there in a red state. Kinda hoping we end up in Montana or Wyoming, but I don’t think the wife will not be to forgiving with all the snow up there.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Plus JMo your kinda screwed, 2035 looks like the dems will be unopposed until then... isn’t that when they ban gas cars here lol. They’ll probably speed that up to 2025 now, wouldn’t be to surprising.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Behind glove compartment.

Shoutout to @TooManyToys

Not your heater core - that's your block drain plug...or were you thinking of the block heater? Anywho, heater core is behind the glove box.

-jokester
Sorry, I was thinking block heater. My bad.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
I agree it’s not just here, it’s all the blue states and those turning blue. Eventually it will be everywhere but that will take some time. I came back here to run my family’s business 4 years ago and up until COVID we were doing fantastic. We could survive the storm here if we stayed, I just don’t think the stress of running a business and the bs of living here is worth it. Luckily I’m young enough to retrain my self and go a different route. I just hate feeling like I’m following the train of people up to Idaho. I had other choices, Florida Texas and central Cali figured it would be some nice weather for a summer trade program. I only plan on being there from June to October for school and then where ever I get hired from there in a red state. Kinda hoping we end up in Montana or Wyoming, but I don’t think the wife will not be to forgiving with all the snow up there.

Idaho is already ****ed, so dont feel bad about joining the influx. There is a constant stream of uhauls and moving trucks into my town every week. But its from oregon and Washington also. Our town has always seen a high turn over because of the airbase, but now is just ridiculous. Its fine, im making more money than ever, turning work away which ive never done till last year, and will just move north when i get tired of it. If they will even let us by then.

I will say for the most part, the ones i meet coming here seem to be level headed and just wanted to get away from all the kungflu bullcrap and lockdowns in Cali this last year. Its crazy how fast people can just up and relocate. General consensus is the only that will be missed is the weather. Other than boise city itself and its liberal, Oregon transplant mayor, the corona restrictions have been minimal around here. Ive only been asked twice this last year to wear a mask before entering someones home for a service call. An elderly lady whose son is a doctor, and some young twit that "didnt want me getting her and her daughter sick" which is fine, i keep my opinions to myself unless a customer starts the conversation. Other than g8orford on here, i have yet to speak with someone or meet someone in person that has had the rona, and especially lost someone to it. Not saying it isnt happening, but the numbers make it seem worse than it is from my perspective. As long as they dont try and force that vaccine on us im good.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
Most of the people that I've heard of having ill effects of COVID are people with pre-existing conditions or Republican politicians on the wrong end of a debate.

·
Registered
346 Posts
SCT customer service was really helpful fixing a problem I had that they didn’t really have to fix for me. Basically I was trying to diagnose some injector problems a while ago and the Ford tech that was helping me wanted to check the truck out on the stock tune but for some reason when I tried to tune my truck back to stock the X4 I’ve been using to tune my truck basically bricked it and it wouldn’t start (it was also a weekend so I couldn’t call). I had the tech flash my truck back to stock with IDS just to make my truck work again. The issue I had with the tuner is still a mystery but I emailed them about it and it sounded like they weren’t able to unlock my tuner because I had no work order saying my truck had been tuned back to stock with IDS while tuned since they tech was on his personal time and I was paying him cash. I replied back to SCT saying I appreciated their help and that I’ll just have to wait till I have extra money laying around to pay for the unlock. Sure enough the next email from them asked for my serial number and they unlocked my tuner! I know this was a really long post but idk I felt like I needed to share how great I was treated by SCT support when they asked for proof via work order and even though I wasn’t able to provide them with it they understood the situation and now my tuner is back in working order!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Idaho is already ****ed, so dont feel bad about joining the influx. There is a constant stream of uhauls and moving trucks into my town every week. But its from oregon and Washington also. Our town has always seen a high turn over because of the airbase, but now is just ridiculous. Its fine, im making more money than ever, turning work away which ive never done till last year, and will just move north when i get tired of it. If they will even let us by then.

I will say for the most part, the ones i meet coming here seem to be level headed and just wanted to get away from all the kungflu bullcrap and lockdowns in Cali this last year. Its crazy how fast people can just up and relocate. General consensus is the only that will be missed is the weather. Other than boise city itself and its liberal, Oregon transplant mayor, the corona restrictions have been minimal around here. Ive only been asked twice this last year to wear a mask before entering someones home for a service call. An elderly lady whose son is a doctor, and some young twit that "didnt want me getting her and her daughter sick" which is fine, i keep my opinions to myself unless a customer starts the conversation. Other than g8orford on here, i have yet to speak with someone or meet someone in person that has had the rona, and especially lost someone to it. Not saying it isnt happening, but the numbers make it seem worse than it is from my perspective. As long as they dont try and force that vaccine on us im good.

The wife and I are really looking forward to getting up there. It’s a bummer I can’t leave on the 1st of feb when my house closes escrow but oh well. Soon enough it will happen. How’s the dmv up there for appointments? I have to get my class a learners permit when I get up there. Are they as ridiculous as California’s all day wait times ?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I’m afraid it’s not only California. The whole country is getting Californified. Might as well stay and enjoy the weather lol.

I’m afraid this life is going to be the new normal. Humans have learned behavior patterns. So if you change normal for long enough, whatever that change is becomes the new normal. Which really sucks. I had a pretty good gig going on the last few years. Business is in the ****s, and it appears that won’t be changing anytime soon. This seems the beginning of the end for the gas and oil business.

@j.mo

Not for oil - greens don't realize how imbedded oil is in our lives. Even electric cars need oil - 7 gallons per tire, the paint is oil based product, the plastics inside are oil based and on and on it goes.

A partial listing of things made from oil - 144 items on this list and it is by no means the full list. Funniest is toothbrushes and toothpaste

Have worked in the patch in my life so am a total pro oil guy until a viable alternative comes along.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
@j.mo

Not for oil - greens don't realize how imbedded oil is in our lives. Even electric cars need oil - 7 gallons per tire, the paint is oil based product, the plastics inside are oil based and on and on it goes.

A partial listing of things made from oil - 144 items on this list and it is by no means the full list. Funniest is toothbrushes and toothpaste

Have worked in the patch in my life so am a total pro oil guy until a viable alternative comes along.

I am in the business of oil as a fuel.

Also, there will still be oil produced. It just won’t be in the USA.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I am in the business of oil as a fuel.

Also, there will still be oil produced. It just won’t be in the USA.

Yeah your on the down side of the oil game - fuel for the general public.

They might try stifling US oil production until they see manufacturing leaving due to lack of raw materials (if any of it is even made today in the US). They still need to run steel mills (gas fired), haven't seen electric mining excavators/dump trucks and the list goes on.

Good documentary in below link - pretty old but still valid and spells out the reliance on oil in very plain terms plus a bunch of other BS in our world

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Do not make the mistake of thinking politicians make decisions based on reason, logic, or patriotism.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Do not make the mistake of thinking politicians make decisions based on reason, logic, or patriotism.
Would never make that mistake - they only look out for themselves their donors, and friends. No matter what side of the aisle they sit on.

I dislike politicians always have and always will.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Yeah your on the down side of the oil game - fuel for the general public.

They might try stifling US oil production until they see manufacturing leaving due to lack of raw materials (if any of it is even made today in the US). They still need to run steel mills (gas fired), haven't seen electric mining excavators/dump trucks and the list goes on.

Good documentary in below link - pretty old but still valid and spells out the reliance on oil in very plain terms plus a bunch of other BS in our world

I am not doubting that it will be around for industrial use. But, the driver of prices for oil is transportation fuel.
Now, you see the havoc covid demand drop wreaked on prices.
You don’t think that a 30% drop in demand will turn the oil industry on its head? 30% might as well be 80%.
Because at that point, there is too much oil. Too much oil brings prices down. Low prices make production uneconomically viable.

The USA will not win that game, If the politicians don’t stop it first.

Reactions: john galt

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
The wife and I are really looking forward to getting up there. It’s a bummer I can’t leave on the 1st of feb when my house closes escrow but oh well. Soon enough it will happen. How’s the dmv up there for appointments? I have to get my class a learners permit when I get up there. Are they as ridiculous as California’s all day wait times ?

In Coeur D’alene, the DMV isn’t too far removed from CA. But it is worth the 35 minute drive to St. Maries, where only 3 people fit in the building. And Salmon, Idaho, you go to the county clerk, and the length of the wait is directly based on how slow the clerk can walk to the counter.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts

Depends on where you're going. I cant speak for how bad boise may be, mtn home isnt too bad. My son just turned 21 and needed to renew his license, called today and got an appointment for Wednesday. Definitely worth going to a smaller town to do it.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Well been looking for some type of daily commuter. Thought I would get a small car maybe a TDi Passat again.

Yesterday about 15 mins after midnight I saw a strange sight. Taillights going west in the eastbound lanes. I had my cruise at 73 and was barely catching up to the wrong way driver. Not like I could have done anything since there is a barrier between east&west. Watched as a few cars missed this guy but one did not. Huge impact with the size of the vehicles (mid-size sedans) and speed probably each doing 70-75. It was guaranteed DOA. With no places to stop and it would have put me in more danger I could not assist. There was a Constable about 500 meters away so he was was rolling instantly.
(News said one was DOA, other after extraction at the hospital only drivers in the cars no other occupants)

Well now I’m looking for a big @ss car (Lexus 460L , S8 plus or S550) or truck. Wrong way drivers are quite a common occurrence here.

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Well been looking for some type of daily commuter. Thought I would get a small car maybe a TDi Passat again.

Yesterday about 15 mins after midnight I saw a strange sight. Taillights going west in the eastbound lanes. I had my cruise at 73 and was barely catching up to the wrong way driver. Not like I could have done anything since there is a barrier between east&west. Watched as a few cars missed this guy but one did not. Huge impact with the size of the vehicles (mid-size sedans) and speed probably each doing 70-75. It was guaranteed DOA. With no places to stop and it would have put me in more danger I could not assist. There was a Constable about 500 meters away so he was was rolling instantly.
(News said one was DOA, other after extraction at the hospital only drivers in the cars no other occupants)

Well now I’m looking for a big @ss car (Lexus 460L , S8 plus or S550) or truck. Wrong way drivers are quite a common occurrence here.
Wow...that sucks! I always hate when I come up on an accident or see something happen like that :(

-jokester

·
Premium Member
2005 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab FX4
526 Posts
Overall, it’s not too hard. The hardest part is dealing with the lines that go through the firewall. They use these stupid quick connects. Let’s just say there’s nothing quick when it comes to disconnecting. But the core is accessible through the glove box. Lifting off the blend door actuator is not too bad but can also be a booger. Just have to take your time.

39121 - 39140 of 39225 Posts