Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

39101 - 39120 of 39226 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab FX4
526 Posts
At least the forums still seem to allow free speech...for now.

So here's been by weekend....6.0 flush. New oil cooler was just installed last summer. Didn't happen until it started to get cold and I started running my heater. I decided since those hoses were all original. I changed my heater core, heater core inlet hose and valve, and the outlet hose. Also installed the Fix-Ur-6 Flush adapter in case I need to so this again. My plans eventually will be to do a Bulletproof oil cooler relocation kit and run a IPR coolant filter. I thought about IPR's relocate kit but I kinda like the Bulletproof one better. So really this is more less a temp solution. I have plans to reseal my oil pan this spring along with updated to 6.4 trans pan, filter and fresh fluid so want to hold off on spending another $2000 on the rig right now if I can. All though, all the Ford parts plus coolant and the flush kit cost me around $600

·
Compression Ignition Addict
6,919 Posts
Sadly, the discussions on limiting certain conservative posts are happening on some of the truck forums.

277 Posts
Has anyone here installed the powerstop rotors and pads? Do you like them? Are there other options?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
I have installed the power stop slotted rotors and pads. So far they have performed excellent.
I also installed new calipers.
I haven’t installed nothing but the factory hoses. But I’d be interested in something else that might not get ripped off, every time I use my chains. On 6 hoses now.
I would recommend them for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I have installed the power stop slotted rotors and pads. So far they have performed excellent.
I also installed new calipers.
I haven’t installed nothing but the factory hoses. But I’d be interested in something else that might not get ripped off, every time I use my chains. On 6 hoses now.
I would recommend them for sure.

Awesome, mine should be here Wednesday. Once installed I need to order battery +/- cables and redo all that. Then I'll probably order new calipers and steel braided brake lines.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,682 Posts
Pulled radiator plug and nothing came out, pulled oil pan plug and found all the coolant. Lmao not on my truck

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Pulled radiator plug and nothing came out, pulled oil pan plug and found all the coolant. Lmao not on my truck

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
That can’t be good!

I heard a tick tick tick when I remote-started the 6.0 today. So I popped the hood and the fan was hitting the clutch harness, which it already cut clean through. New fan clutch from Oreillys, since I will be pulling my backhoe to the job tomorrow. There is a bit of bearing slop in the lifetime guaranteed Diesel Site water pump too. Hopefully it gets me home without ruining the new fan clutch. Then I can change out the water pump.

·
california deplorable
10,928 Posts
nwee tires are on
MAN i shoulda started running these years ago!
even the wife is amazed at how much better the ride is!
been a crazy day. was going to do an oil change but just not enough daylight in the day right now.
as far as censorship
its on
they are going to go crazy because its happening and they can only try to keep people from knowing what is going on.
btw
ia signed
game on

Reactions: SparkyF250

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Anyone use the HarborFreight US General Rolling Tool Chests? I need larger units and have been browsing FB marketplace and other areas and it seems like everyone and their mom have Matco /snapon boxes from 1989 for 4000$. Although im sure they are quality Im not looking to spend that much for something infrequently used but not having a place for stuff is literally killing me inside.
Home depot has the Husky brand tool chests and work benches.... Cheaper than HF and higher quality too.
Ive been eyeing the 46" rolling work bench for some time.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
At least the forums still seem to allow free speech...for now.

So here's been by weekend....6.0 flush. New oil cooler was just installed last summer. Didn't happen until it started to get cold and I started running my heater. I decided since those hoses were all original. I changed my heater core, heater core inlet hose and valve, and the outlet hose. Also installed the Fix-Ur-6 Flush adapter in case I need to so this again. My plans eventually will be to do a Bulletproof oil cooler relocation kit and run a IPR coolant filter. I thought about IPR's relocate kit but I kinda like the Bulletproof one better. So really this is more less a temp solution. I have plans to reseal my oil pan this spring along with updated to 6.4 trans pan, filter and fresh fluid so want to hold off on spending another $2000 on the rig right now if I can. All though, all the Ford parts plus coolant and the flush kit cost me around $600

Where is the heater core located on these trucks? How hard is it to replace one?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
nwee tires are on
MAN i shoulda started running these years ago!
even the wife is amazed at how much better the ride is!
been a crazy day. was going to do an oil change but just not enough daylight in the day right now.
as far as censorship
its on
they are going to go crazy because its happening and they can only try to keep people from knowing what is going on.
btw
ia signed
game on
What tires did you go with?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sadly, the discussions on limiting certain conservative posts are happening on some of the truck forums.
Aren't forums controlled by moderators? And aren't the truck forums overwhelmingly for freedom?

I've been saving all my tagged photos on fb and anything else I can find, while removing photos and information. Not sure if I'll delete it yet, but this is the closest I've been.

Found gab.com. it's not an app, but offers a shortcut to your phone's home page. It's like an upgraded twitter or maybe Mewe.

Reactions: john galt

·
Registered
217 Posts
Where is the heater core located on these trucks? How hard is it to replace one?

I may be wrong, but mine is a block plug right above the starter.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Home depot has the Husky brand tool chests and work benches.... Cheaper than HF and higher quality too.
Ive been eyeing the 46" rolling work bench for some time.

I have a Rural King black table top toolbox that cost around $500. I kept putting it off because they are so expensive but when I was a working maintenance supervisor, my "getting by cheapest toolbox at Lowe's" wasn't cutting it. I went too small though - I didn't realize how stacked my tools were...

·
6,919 Posts
Aren't forums controlled by moderators? And aren't the truck forums overwhelmingly for freedom?

I've been saving all my tagged photos on fb and anything else I can find, while removing photos and information. Not sure if I'll delete it yet, but this is the closest I've been.

Found gab.com. it's not an app, but offers a shortcut to your phone's home page. It's like an upgraded twitter or maybe Mewe.
Forums are owned by companies (only as an example - Internet Brands owns a few forums - and Internet Brands is a subsidiary of a bigger company).

·
Registered
217 Posts
Forums are owned by companies (only as an example - Internet Brands owns a few forums - and Internet Brands is a subsidiary of a bigger company).
I was not aware of that. So...who owns this one?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I will say that the forum I came from (not ford because I had joined when I had a Chevy years ago but respected the members enough that I stuck around) were at each other's throats over COVID. I wasn't here when all that started, but I'm glad to see that, at least in this thread, there hasn't been such anger towards anyone for differing views.

·
6,919 Posts
I was not aware of that. So...who owns this one?
I really don't know. The home page mentions "VerticalScope"

There is a statement on that "home page" mentioning constantly looking for "fake news". I understand the issue, but I don't particularly care for the potential for sensor-ship. That said, I don't hang out on many sub forums - mainly this one and the problems one.

This forum is well run by moderators and administrators. I would say that there are plenty of members with strong opinions (me included), but with only a few exceptions people respect each other.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Anyone use the HarborFreight US General Rolling Tool Chests? I need larger units and have been browsing FB marketplace and other areas and it seems like everyone and their mom have Matco /snapon boxes from 1989 for 4000$. Although im sure they are quality Im not looking to spend that much for something infrequently used but not having a place for stuff is literally killing me inside.
I've had a set of the US General for going on 5 years and have zero complaints. Try to inspect them before taking them home, as I had 2 top boxes that were dented inside their cardboard shipping boxes.

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts

Behind glove compartment.

Shoutout to @TooManyToys

I may be wrong, but mine is a block plug right above the starter.
Not your heater core - that's your block drain plug...or were you thinking of the block heater? Anywho, heater core is behind the glove box.

-jokester

39101 - 39120 of 39226 Posts