Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

37601 - 37620 of 37716 Posts

·
california deplorable
10,803 Posts
Auto incorrect....harbor freight not by...

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: mbsfield18

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
I've always just ran my clamps down nice and tight with my dewalt 1\4 impact and never blown one off not broke a clamp. I don't go far enough to mushroom the boot out of the clamp, but snug for sure. You could sure break a clamp with that impact, but just gotta feel when its good.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
We made it out of the Phoenix area and are in Flagstaff now. We stayed in Scottsdale the first night so we could cruise the zoo, hit the aquarium, and check out where my wife grew up. Then stayed in Casa Grande for a few days while i was working at my buddies ranch. Grand Canyon tomorrow then thinking of staying in Moab tomorrow night. Or we may stay here another night and go back to Sedona and explore. Just drove through it today. Things have been good so far other than my little ones not liking all the time spent in their car seats, lol.

·
california deplorable
10,803 Posts
my wife hails from that area formerly tiny little town then flagstaff...
sounds like a great trip i envy you. need to get my own self squared away so that we can load the trailer and head out for a few
right now i am kinda torn between getting more wood which we will need if we dont get burned out and reloading the truck to evacuate again...waiting on word as we speak so??? i dont know what to do with myself 🤣

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've always just ran my clamps down nice and tight with my dewalt 1\4 impact and never blown one off not broke a clamp. I don't go far enough to mushroom the boot out of the clamp, but snug for sure. You could sure break a clamp with that impact, but just gotta feel when its good.

I used to do that, until I broke one of mine. You definitely don't want to attempt to compress the spring on that clamp or you'll stretch the bolt.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,780 Posts
My clamps were tightened to 30 lb ft. or at least that's what Milwaukee says the M12 ratchet was good for. ;)

·
Registered
650 Posts
My clamps were tightened to 30 lb ft. or at least that's what Milwaukee says the M12 ratchet was good for. ;)
I definitely don't think 30 lbs is enough to break it.

My ratchet is the fuel and is good to 55 lbs, so I always think that's what everyone has, but in my mind everyone is using the M18 Fuel 1/2" lol

·
Registered
899 Posts
We made it out of the Phoenix area and are in Flagstaff now. We stayed in Scottsdale the first night so we could cruise the zoo, hit the aquarium, and check out where my wife grew up. Then stayed in Casa Grande for a few days while i was working at my buddies ranch. Grand Canyon tomorrow then thinking of staying in Moab tomorrow night. Or we may stay here another night and go back to Sedona and explore. Just drove through it today. Things have been good so far other than my little ones not liking all the time spent in their car seats, lol.

Wow crazy to think they have hotels now in Casa Grand. All that used to be there was a ostrich farm and some closed up gas stations.
In Sedona I like the chapel in the rocks.
Moab is better then Sedona IMO. Sedona is very “Hollywood” all the retreats and very restrictive I mean look at McDonald’s, the city made them match the surrounding area for the Golden Arches.

Reactions: mbsfield18

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I definitely don't think 30 lbs is enough to break it.

My ratchet is the fuel and is good to 55 lbs, so I always think that's what everyone has, but in my mind everyone is using the M18 Fuel 1/2" lol

I just have the 3/8 non fuel ratchet. Now my hex driver is the fuel model.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Wow crazy to think they have hotels now in Casa Grand. All that used to be there was a ostrich farm and some closed up gas stations.
In Sedona I like the chapel in the rocks.
Moab is better then Sedona IMO. Sedona is very “Hollywood” all the retreats and very restrictive I mean look at McDonald’s, the city made them match the surrounding area for the Golden Arches.
Rooster Cogburn!! (ostrich)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Rooster Cogburn!! (ostrich)
LoL yup also a classic John Wayne movie! Heck they had a monster truck bus for rides also.

·
Premium Member
11,780 Posts
I'm a little surprised no one else has mentioned it ( @a2elvis ), but BPD has a pretty good sale going on right now on the VK688-100 kit if you use the code "LaborDay20" at checkout. Not sure if it works with other items or not, but it will knock about $350 of the price of the relocate kit. Sale ends on the 30th.

·
Premium Member
11,780 Posts
I feel for the folks out west with all of the fires, I sure wish I could send them some of this 30" of rain we're getting from Sally. It's a little rough right now but nothing like some I've been through, just tremendous amounts of rain and 30-40 mph wind gusts.

@Qholic is everything alright down your way?

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
I feel for the folks out west with all of the fires, I sure wish I could send them some of this 30" of rain we're getting from Sally. It's a little rough right now but nothing like some I've been through, just tremendous amounts of rain and 30-40 mph wind gusts.

@Qholic is everything alright down your way?
We would take some of it, however, not 30"!! A couple inches would work though. If you could just space that 2 inches it out over the next few weeks, that would be great :D

Stay safe over there in the Sunshine state!

-jokester

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I'm with Jokester. Couple inches at a time would be great. Smaller fires have had a bit of containment. But the big ones are still at zero. Looks like we might get a wee bit of precip over the next few days. I'm sure the frontline guys would appreciate whatever they can get as long as it isn't accompanied by wind.

Reactions: jokester00

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
I'm with Jokester. Couple inches at a time would be great. Smaller fires have had a bit of containment. But the big ones are still at zero. Looks like we might get a wee bit of precip over the next few days. I'm sure the frontline guys would appreciate whatever they can get as long as it isn't accompanied by wind.
Or lightning... :oops:

-jokester

·
Registered
329 Posts
well chit...
knew it was bad, but...no idea how bad got four fires surrounding the home stead right now one took off and ran right at us smoked us out pretty bad yesterday but didnt think it was going to be a real issue for at leaset a couple more days if ever.... i was wrong.
yesterday it was so dark and smokey the trucks lights were on all day driving around.
today i had planned to drag the donor truck and suburban out of the way and hook up the trailer just in case...wpoke up to coede red advising evacuation...
got the suburban out the tahoe moved got to the trailer and had four jacks brake then the inverter was dead so the sliders wouldnt retract got that charging and ...then i needed parts to fix three jacks i couldnt get. long story short fire chief is a friend came by and said its at the highway get the hell out so i had to abandon the trailer and leave with what i had which wasnt much
in fact i just realized sitting here at a hotel in reno that i left all three of my katanas in the living room...
we had to go though it was getting ready to crest the ridge and drop on us pinning us in when we got to the highway!

if anyone is in a prayin mood a few extra asking my stuff be there when i can return would not go unappreciated but i got the wife kid dog cat truck and caddy out so not a total loss.
grotesquley under insured now as they are working to drop everyone in the sierras from fire insurance so...
gunna be interesting i sure hope my life is there when i can return to it :nod:
Praying for ya buddy. Been a long time since I've had time to be on the org and then see this sad news. Hope they drop fire retardant on your property.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

37601 - 37620 of 37716 Posts