7,790 Posts

·
california deplorable
10,803 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
great i still have to wire my light bar
You'll b fine, and if not blame it on papa sparky. U still be fine.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
What's up guys. Finally posted up my Blackwood steering wheel swap in the Tech Exchange. Check it out when you get a chance.

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
You'll b fine, and if not blame it on papa sparky. U still be fine.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
If the switch sparks when you hook it up, you may have a problem. Just sayin

·
Registered
650 Posts
What's up guys. Finally posted up my Blackwood steering wheel swap in the Tech Exchange. Check it out when you get a chance.

I really like your dash mods...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
650 Posts
Which, you mean where the power port used to be? Yea, I added some more useful USB connectors there.
Lol, I was talking about the Nav that your steering wheel came out of. "Mods" or all the missing stuff. Did you get the wheel from a parts vehicle?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Ordered new hot side cac boots and clamps from riffraff. I take it doesn't matter how the new ones are installed. Besides cleaning everything really good?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Drove 12 hours total on Saturday to pick up a new boat (blue one). The lovely bride and I had a great paddle yesterday while the kids were with their grandparents. Great day!

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
573 Posts
Ordered new hot side cac boots and clamps from riffraff. I take it doesn't matter how the new ones are installed. Besides cleaning everything really good?
I cleaned my installation area, put them on, and clamped it down. I kept the tools in the door panel for a few days...just in case.

I think you'll really like that setup.

I really like your dash mods...
I'm not too proud to admit that for a few seconds I thought, "Holy ****, what's going on here?!"

We all have our moments...

Reactions: john galt

·
Registered
650 Posts
I cleaned my installation area, put them on, and clamped it down. I kept the tools in the door panel for a few days...just in case.

I think you'll really like that setup.

I'm not too proud to admit that for a few seconds I thought, "Holy ****, what's going on here?!"

We all have our moments...
Lol I knew it wasn't his truck, just poking fun. At first glance, I did say "that's one hell of an install".

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Is it easier to install the boots onto the pipe first then install on the truck? Or install boots on the truck first then install pipe?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Is it easier to install the boots onto the pipe first then install on the truck? Or install boots on the truck first then install pipe?

It was a pain in the *** for me either way, but I'd say pipes first, then you can work it into the truck.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Hey all,

So im getting ready to do a bunch of maintenance on the cooling system and want your advice on stuff to do while im in there and any tools i should buy to make my life easier.

Water Pump, Belt, tensioner and pulleys, ( sanding down waterpump pulley) , T stat, coolant sensor, degas bottle with a dorman.

Additionally ill be replacing the 8 glow plugs. ( should i get the GP Harness or is that wasted $ ), air filter with OEM.

New 4" turboback.

Already did the HPO stc, dummy plugs standpipes etc, turbo vane cleaning so im good there.

is there anything on the engine side I should swap being at 204K miles that i havent already done w/o pulling apart the motor internally? What tools would u recommend to make my life easier?

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Do you guys think if I sell this thing I'll regret it down the road?

Part of me feels relieved to let it go, in that I'll never have to deal with 6.0 problems ever again in the future. Not that it has any now at 100k, but the less I drive it and the older it gets we know at some point it will.

The other part of me knows these pre-dpf trucks are getting older, and I have a really good one.

But I just cant justify the time and finance needed to retain so many vehicles. I am supposed to be going to redwood city today to get a Porsche macan if the guy ever communicates.
And I'd really like to get a dually to haul my trailer.
So having a macan, 6.0, 4th gen, and new dually isnt justified in my opinion.

As I drive my 4th gen I'm kind of growing out of the 6.0, but maybe I should just stuff it away for a rainy day. But 25k would just about cover the macan at 30k.

I dont know you outside of this forum but id say 92% of your posts is you hating on the truck. I would just get rid of it. Youre older now and you know what you want out of a truck. Get the new nice tow rig for your momentum. The Macan is nice but do you really want the added cost of the macan. over say an SQ5 Audi? I say added cost as in parts. the parts are going to kill you due to the branding over an SQ5. Sure its not twin turbo.... but its just as nice unless youre trying to have that status factor of the Pcar brand.

·
Super Moderator
10,038 Posts
Hey all,

So im getting ready to do a bunch of maintenance on the cooling system and want your advice on stuff to do while im in there and any tools i should buy to make my life easier.

Water Pump, Belt, tensioner and pulleys, ( sanding down waterpump pulley) , T stat, coolant sensor, degas bottle with a dorman.

Additionally ill be replacing the 8 glow plugs. ( should i get the GP Harness or is that wasted $ ), air filter with OEM.

New 4" turboback.

Already did the HPO stc, dummy plugs standpipes etc, turbo vane cleaning so im good there.

is there anything on the engine side I should swap being at 204K miles that i havent already done w/o pulling apart the motor internally? What tools would u recommend to make my life easier?
highly recommend getting the GP harness, I've never been successful in pulling one without breaking it

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I am sick to my stomach.
20200914_144714.jpg

37561 - 37580 of 37716 Posts