Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

37281 - 37287 of 37287 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
@Red Ford Not trying to be a dick or anything but it sure seems like you are throwing alot of money at chasing down getting your speedo to show right. From what I understand it's fine especially if you know how much it's off, which most people in your situation know. Is this just a OCD thing?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Back when I was about 18 I had a 1973 Cougar. It was supposed to have a fairly small 14 inch tire. Previous owner had put the largest 15 in tires he could find on the back end. I simply memorized that when it showed 49 mile per hour I was doing 55 or slightly better. I memorized the indicated speed 4 several of the common speed limits. Like 30 45 55 65. It really wasn't that hard.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
@Red Ford Not trying to be a dick or anything but it sure seems like you are throwing alot of money at chasing down getting your speedo to show right. From what I understand it's fine especially if you know how much it's off, which most people in your situation know. Is this just a OCD thing?
Yeah I just don't like doin the math all the time any more. I have thrown tons of money at this truck but I look at it as my hobby since I don't really spend money on anything else.

Reactions: mbsfield18

·
Registered
537 Posts

Lots of steel! My sons named it “deerslayer”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indeed it is. If you hit one, they'll likely explode. Only the pipe and tray on mine a 1/2" thick. Is yours 1/2" all over??

I bet it was a ***** to mount, too?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
1/2"? I thought mine was a pain and it's only 3/16" lol.

Reactions: mbsfield18
37281 - 37287 of 37287 Posts