Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

37261 - 37262 of 37262 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
My first thought is that when the lpop fails it's not uncommon to send fragments to the hpop and destroy it as well

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
On the other hand I had taken my truck and camper about 800 miles east to visit my parents and celebrate their 60th. I was seeing horrible fuel mileage one time breaking down to showing about 6.8. With a camper running about 8,500 lb. Would not hold overdrive for more than a few seconds at a time and generally only on a grade where you could actually see at least a slight downgrade. Yesterday we discovered that the centre plug on the ECM was only halfway engaged. We fully locked the lodge, and the transmission has being progressively shifting better. Just so much smoother running virtually 100% lockup except for quite noticeable upgrades. Once everything in the ECM seem to smarten up I disconnected my blue wire mod for the fan clutch and just let that function normally through the ECM. Temperature app about 2:13 to 2:19. I suspect my fan clutch maybe about halfway toast but so long as I'm honoured tearing it I can live with that. When you're in full lock up with no fan clutch at 65 mile-an-hour the truck is so gosh darn quiet compared to even the fan clutch which, in lockup you can barely hear anyways. Maybe it won't have to accidentally burn to the ground after all

37261 - 37262 of 37262 Posts