·
Mr. Crossthread
4,592 Posts
He should lurk louder, we miss him. Lol

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Hey guys, quick question. My truck has a shimmy like it's out of alignment and I've been trying to chase it down for a while. I have new ball joints, wheel bearings, rotors, shocks, and tires, but its still there. I got an alignment and the individual front corners are all in the green, however the cross caster is in the red (cross camber and total toe are in the red). The cross caster is at -0.9 and the specified range is at -0.6 to 0.6. The front left caster is at 1.3 and the front right caster is at 2.2, the specified range is 0.5 to 3.1. Do you think the cross caster is causing the issue? At this point I'm out of ideas. I know I need a new steering gear box and my steering stabilizer is probably not doing anything but I don't think that would cause this shimmy.

In slightly better news, my bumper has arrived. Not sure if I like the red tow hooks, but they were only $25 from Amazon and might match the theme on the truck. I didn't know if the lights I had would work so I only put the one in but it looks decent so I ordered another set.

·
california deplorable
10,791 Posts
This is being done in the name of shenanigans, its more to poke fun at whos truck it is than anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I figured....still a heck of a color, my wife would love it 🤣
I just painted mine too, but I'm boring all I had was gloss black

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
california deplorable
10,791 Posts
Hey guys, quick question. My truck has a shimmy like it's out of alignment and I've been trying to chase it down for a while. I have new ball joints, wheel bearings, rotors, shocks, and tires, but its still there. I got an alignment and the individual front corners are all in the green, however the cross caster is in the red (cross camber and total toe are in the red). The cross caster is at -0.9 and the specified range is at -0.6 to 0.6. The front left caster is at 1.3 and the front right caster is at 2.2, the specified range is 0.5 to 3.1. Do you think the cross caster is causing the issue? At this point I'm out of ideas. I know I need a new steering gear box and my steering stabilizer is probably not doing anything but I don't think that would cause this shimmy.

View attachment 768825

In slightly better news, my bumper has arrived. Not sure if I like the red tow hooks, but they were only $25 from Amazon and might match the theme on the truck. I didn't know if the lights I had would work so I only put the one in but it looks decent so I ordered another set.

View attachment 768824
Shiny like a vibration? Might sou d weird but Jack up the front end and line up the axle u joints and see if the wheel moves on both sides of the u joint. If that makes any sense?
Logged 240 miles in the truck today. Man I love that thing

Reactions: waggonerj

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,592 Posts
Shiny like a vibration? Might sou d weird but Jack up the front end and line up the axle u joints and see if the wheel moves on both sides of the u joint. If that makes any sense?

Less lag and better response? Notice any mileage difference?

Reactions: john galt

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Kinda 6.0 related (we had to drive it to get there :cool: )! LOL

My spot for the day till the tide runs out. Plunking for salmon with my girls. They're already digging to China with their shovels :)

Heeeeeeeere fishy fishy fishy.

20200807_095214.jpg

-jokester

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
569 Posts
Jokester, I'd kill to be there, doing that, right now. Enjoy! -- I'm waiting to get my boat back from the marina next week after having a massive overhaul performed on it. I'm not emotionally ready to talk about that one yet haha.

I haven't been on here since the site layout switch. I still hate it. (rabble, rabble, rabble...) Blah.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Kinda 6.0 related (we had to drive it to get there :cool: )! LOL

My spot for the day till the tide runs out. Plunking for salmon with my girls. They're already digging to China with their shovels :)

Heeeeeeeere fishy fishy fishy.

View attachment 768830
View attachment 768831
-jokester
Astoria? You're far enough on the west side of Portland it shouldn't take much more than an hour to hit the coast.

Reactions: jokester00

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Astoria? You're far enough on the west side of Portland it shouldn't take much more than an hour to hit the coast.
Not that far West...St. Helens area.

-jokester

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm new here. Not sure if this is the right place, but I don't think it warrented it's own thread. I'm looking at buying this truck : 04 F-350 Super Duty - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive...

He just had the EGR and cooler replaced. I'm curious if there's anything that could come up in the future due to the owner just now replacing those at 150K+. He says he's never had any head gasket trouble so the studs where never replaced but all the work was done locally by a highly revered diesel shop so i'm assuming that if something was wrong in the gaskets they would have warranted replacing.

I've been around the 7.3 and 6.7's as my father uses them in his business, and from everything I've read is to stay away from the 6.0, but also I've read it's easy to make these trucks last. My main concern as everyone's is when buying a used 6.0, is I purchase it and in 20k it needs a new engine...

What are your thoughts/ things I should look out for? Considering this is the exact truck I've been looking for...should I send it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

I'm a little confused about lining up the U joints, what do you mean by that? I've jacked up the front end and there is absolutely no play on the wheel at all. I know the 37's are heavy so I did try to put a lot of force behind it but I didn't see or feel any movement.

Hello everyone, I'm new here. Not sure if this is the right place, but I don't think it warrented it's own thread. I'm looking at buying this truck : 04 F-350 Super Duty - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive...

He just had the EGR and cooler replaced. I'm curious if there's anything that could come up in the future due to the owner just now replacing those at 150K+. He says he's never had any head gasket trouble so the studs where never replaced but all the work was done locally by a highly revered diesel shop so i'm assuming that if something was wrong in the gaskets they would have warranted replacing.

I've been around the 7.3 and 6.7's as my father uses them in his business, and from everything I've read is to stay away from the 6.0, but also I've read it's easy to make these trucks last. My main concern as everyone's is when buying a used 6.0, is I purchase it and in 20k it needs a new engine...

What are your thoughts/ things I should look out for? Considering this is the exact truck I've been looking for...should I send it?

Thanks!
The shop might've told the guy the gaskets are going but the guy didn't want to spend the money. This truck is EXTREMELY overpriced for my area, I see similar trucks got for about half that. To me that truck is worth $10k at max. Maybe someone sees something I don't, but it's the year before the coil springs, only a CCSB, just an XLT, almost 170k miles, and on head bolts. I don't think this guy is all there. I have no doubt he spent that much on the truck, but I don't see how it's worth that much.

Reactions: john galt

·
Compression Ignition Addict
6,257 Posts
Also, the value in a used 6.0L is in the quality of the work, not necessarily the list of work done. How can we assess that accurately over the internet?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Ugh, I just can't get the Hypertech to work. I've tried taking the X4 back to stock, putting the tire size all the way up to 54 inches (both metric and standard), I tried saying I have different gears, but it just won't do anything.

·
Premium Member
11,779 Posts
Ugh, I just can't get the Hypertech to work. I've tried taking the X4 back to stock, putting the tire size all the way up to 54 inches (both metric and standard), I tried saying I have different gears, but it just won't do anything.
I think someone mentioned you might be able to correct it with Forscan.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Hey guys. I'm at work right now and my buddy tells me he has a coolant leak in the lower radiator the one behind the fog lamps. I cant recall which cooler that is. And not finding much online except after market coolers. Anyone help me recall which it is? Power steering? Intercooler? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
The shop might've told the guy the gaskets are going but the guy didn't want to spend the money. This truck is EXTREMELY overpriced for my area, I see similar trucks got for about half that. To me that truck is worth $10k at max. Maybe someone sees something I don't, but it's the year before the coil springs, only a CCSB, just an XLT, almost 170k miles, and on head bolts. I don't think this guy is all there. I have no doubt he spent that much on the truck, but I don't see how it's worth that much.
Yeah, that's kind of what I was feeling too, I'll get in touch and see what his bottom line is.

It's very hard for myself to price these trucks. Some people are selling 7.3's with 350k for $9k and so it's just hard. But thanks a bunch for the replies!

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,592 Posts
Hey guys. I'm at work right now and my buddy tells me he has a coolant leak in the lower radiator the one behind the fog lamps. I cant recall which cooler that is. And not finding much online except after market coolers. Anyone help me recall which it is? Power steering? Intercooler? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
The only one that holds coolant there is the radiator. One of the trans coolers is in the bottom of the radiator, maybe that is what he's referring to.

The power steering cooler sits directly behind the fogs but holds 0 coolant.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts

Thanks!
Welcome and I think opening a new thread would have been fine. I think that truck is worth a look. I have never paid for a $15k vehicle in cash, so as long as you know how that transaction goes like a suit case full of money in a drive up to Payson, could be good. Always a risk with these trucks.

This is a video I post when someone asks for what to look for:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Found my droning/vibration/drum beating noise that started after my up pipes install. If only I could catch things like this before they drive me nuts and think the worst case scenario. Down pipe at the bend was pressed into the bolt head from the leaf spring hangar dented it pretty good and drove me nuts for 2 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37221 - 37240 of 37647 Posts