Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

37181 - 37200 of 37238 Posts

·
Administrator
29,485 Posts
I did not, I'll give that a try. That totally slipped my mind. Currently the inline calibrator is installed with the correct tire adjustments, should I try to revert the X4 to stock and see if that does anything different or take the calibrator back to stock before the X4?
I have the inline not the OBD version I had some issues also they even sent me another harness
I wound up having to use like a 44" tire to get my 37" to read spot on

it's been a long time since I did it but I will say have the cord plugged in and just coiled up behind the triangle dash cover at the A pillar so you can just pug in and not have to pop the dash

i also do not think you need to untune the truck the Hypertech inline takes the signal headed to the cluster and adjust it

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
While we're at it. Heres one of the front and the sweet *** new pumps lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Shiny but it's missing a green handle

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I'm not certain but he may have gone to a separate pump for the diesel, to keep the riffraff from fuelling up their gas cars at the diesel pump. Also don't see any electric car charging stations

·
Super Moderator
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,186
Are you ever going to tell us the set up? Lol

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Awww I didn't know you cared :p. Or that I was keeping it from you lol.

So far it's a KC Stg 2 with the 2nd generation wheel, 205/75 injectors, and a Odawg S3R on the engine. Still throwing down and representing for #teamheadbolts and have the factory intake hahaha. I have to reset the filter minder about every 3 days, so an intake is definitely on the to-do list here shortly. Oh yeah and studs too....for some reason those might be important someday :unsure:.

TrueTrac in the rear as well as a crush sleeve eliminator kit, welded the housing to the tubes, and holding it in place with OUO traction bars.

Running MPD as a daily driver, and a tweaked SPD w/early lockup for race day. 244k miles, and still going strong!

Went out and did all the engine fun mods first without the supporting ones I know, but they're coming up......just ran outta time before the season started lol. The studs and HG kit are sitting in my garage.....I still need to get one of @[email protected] HPOPs and a bigger fuel system for it and she'll be set.

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,567 Posts
I asked on FB and you said it was a secret lmao. I'm curious to see how the head bolts hold up, that's a serious stress test on them hahaha

Reactions: john galt

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,567 Posts
How do you like the 2nd gen KC wheel? Notice any difference from the original?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey guys does any one else know who writes tunes for edge cs2 I have Gearheads but want to try something different. Called a couple and they only offer tunes for Sct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,567 Posts
Hey guys does any one else know who writes tunes for edge cs2 I have Gearheads but want to try something different. Called a couple and they only offer tunes for Sct.

Try Innovative Diesel and 1023 Diesel. Edge Insight uses .hpt files I believe.

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts

Ed at FICM repair said he had access to CTS2 tunes when I got my cables from him

·
Super Moderator
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,192
I asked on FB and you said it was a secret lmao. I'm curious to see how the head bolts hold up, that's a serious stress test on them hahaha

How do you like the 2nd gen KC wheel? Notice any difference from the original?

Well yeah I can't answer you there where all my competition is watching too haha. They wanna figure it out, they can snoop under the hood at the pulls during tech like the rest of us. Honestly, I expected the head bolts to go on day 1.....but they didn't and this gives me time to gather all the extra stuff to do at the same time. Heads, lifters, and cam are the last left to gather on the list for hard parts for that job.

I like it a lot.... this one responds so much quicker than my other one did, and once it fully lights around 1600ish, it's hold on all the way to 4k. Buuuuut I feel like I can't 100% attribute that to the turbo, because the 75% nozzles on these injectors also have to be part of some of that vs. my ones in the 05 were 30%ers. I want to, but it's not apples-to-apples so I can't say one way or another. IDK if the wheel is available separately, but if it is it'd be worth testing on an older S2.

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,567 Posts
Well yeah I can't answer you there where all my competition is watching too haha. They wanna figure it out, they can snoop under the hood at the pulls during tech like the rest of us. Honestly, I expected the head bolts to go on day 1.....but they didn't and this gives me time to gather all the extra stuff to do at the same time. Heads, lifters, and cam are the last left to gather on the list for hard parts for that job.

I like it a lot.... this one responds so much quicker than my other one did, and once it fully lights around 1600ish, it's hold on all the way to 4k. Buuuuut I feel like I can't 100% attribute that to the turbo, because the 75% nozzles on these injectors also have to be part of some of that vs. my ones in the 05 were 30%ers. I want to, but it's not apples-to-apples so I can't say one way or another. IDK if the wheel is available separately, but if it is it'd be worth testing on an older S2.
I understand that, gotta keep the competition guessing haha. I bought my S2 right before charlie started testing new wheels, I love the turbo but quicker spool is always a good thing. I might have to pick one up eventually. I also need to set aside some cash for nozzles because I'm tired of the 0% nozzles lol.

·
california deplorable
10,710 Posts
Well guys, almost had it all back together...
ANNND tie rod end broke..
Never had one spin in the end when trying to tighten the nut on the thing. Guess I'm glad it broke now but...damn tired of buying parts. It WILL 've on the road monday. Cause I need it for a reno run tuesday

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: mbsfield18

·
california deplorable
10,710 Posts
@john galt you gotta get outta the chat thread more often but here ya go, just for you this morning

Looking good. As expected.
I am on my phone as computer chit the bed again so not really seeing anything but chat so..
Ping to postpone a few wiring thing new speakers, driving light switches, and seats but I gotta start driving this thing again.
One thing this has driven home..MAN I move slow these days

Reactions: Patriot

·
california deplorable
10,710 Posts
Well... tomorrow all I gotta do is put the wheels back on and break it in
And there was much rejoicing.

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,567 Posts
Woohoo!!!!!

Reactions: john galt

·
Premium Member
1,721 Posts
Has anyone swapped in an E Locker from a 2011 + Superduty 10.5 into an 05/07 10.5?

My pinion bearings are hoewling n although rebuilt 2 years ago I broke a leaf n it ruined the seal and cascaded. 6 mo later I need to do it now it’s making a lot of noise .

Saw a vid on YouTube of a guy drilling n tapping the case for the wiring n using the 2013 diff / carrier

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
What size clamp is needed for the intercooler pipe boot coming off near the turbo? I bought a 3inch and it looks to big?

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
What size clamp is needed for the intercooler pipe boot coming off near the turbo? I bought a 3inch and it looks to big?

When I ordered my DieselSite clamps I got 2x-2-1/2" clamps, 5x 3" and one 3-1/4" I believe the turbo to CAC is a 2-1/2"

37181 - 37200 of 37238 Posts