Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

37141 - 37160 of 37268 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Any of you guys ever have days where massive anxiety comes on out of no where? Or am I just getting older and losing it. Lol.

**** is new for me the last 2 years or so, out of no where I'll just get massive anxiety makes my chest tighten up and everything. Sometimes it's at night in bed where I literally feel like I'm going to die.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Happens to me from time to time due to stress, minus the chest part.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I remember a comedian many years ago saying that a heart attack was just Nature's way of telling you it is time to slow down ;-)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I dont know if it helps.. but keeping an 8 to 5 and then trying to run a small business at night i would always feel this 10% panic feeling of ".. you forgot to do this..." 24/7, that would never go away. Doc also said i wasn't getting any "deep" sleep (plus a lot of "yada yada... yada")... anyway, i started biking to get me tired. Now i'm so tired i pass out a few min after i lay down. when i wake up i feel refreshed. I tell people its like that cleansing feeling you get after you drink off something and the next morning you feel much better about it, but without the hangover!

Anyway, gotta find something to get a way from it all from time to time and refresh. (i write this taking a break from my work... ha ha ha)

·
Registered
840 Posts
100% a workout a routine helps release that stress, or to say it works for me.
Tell the truth I have been over the moon stressed had to stop watching the news all I pay attention to now is UFC and F1.

·
Registered
103 Posts
100% a workout a routine helps release that stress, or to say it works for me.
Tell the truth I have been over the moon stressed had to stop watching the news all I pay attention to now is UFC and F1.
Some days i just want to find someone that has it and tell them to cough on me... let me roll that 4% dice and see how it plays out. The anticipation of getting it is killing me! I just want to get it over with already. It's going to naturally happen anyway...

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Now, I'm not really trying to bust Jeff's *** here, but... A relatively short time ago I seem to recall him saying that he would never get married or have kids, and was going to retire Wealthy by 40. I seem to recall a few weeks ago that he was muttering something to the effect that children might just be a possibility ;-) on the other hand when you're having a panic attack and it feels like you're about to croak retiring at 40 sure starts to look a long ways off doesn't it? I really Wise Old book said something to the effect of what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul. I kind of translate that as what profit is there in busting your *** 24 hours a day 7 days a week and then dying before you have a chance to really enjoy the true fruits of your labour. Same old book said that we have no guarantee of Tomorrow, next week, next month so to not be in such a hurry today as to miss the joys that can be had in the present time

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Did you put the tune back to stock before starting? You probably need to do that and drive it a bit, to make sure the stock tune sets, then try programming.
I did not, I'll give that a try. That totally slipped my mind. Currently the inline calibrator is installed with the correct tire adjustments, should I try to revert the X4 to stock and see if that does anything different or take the calibrator back to stock before the X4?

·
california deplorable
10,732 Posts
@j.flow
as has been stated you had a classic panic attack.
you can talk to a doc if yohu have one worth achit but as was also stated physical activity tend to help greatly niking skiing backpacking, beating the life out of so bay area pantifa types...that sort of thing.
adjust your diet a bit fewer processed foods tends to help also and yohu gotta take some you time where you arent even thinking about work.
i believe that is one of the main benefits of physical activity for this doing stuff that either flat relazes you ar requires your full attention to get your mind off thing tend to be most beneficial.

Reactions: mbsfield18

·
california deplorable
10,732 Posts
also @ j.flow
take care my friend dont go blowin a gasket its worse on people than on trucks 🤣
in other news i actually did get a little time to wrench on the truck tried to rush pass side before i lost the light and really screwed the pooch.
after torquing everything to spec and getting the bearings in all nice and pretty and running the abs line i realized i put the damn dust shield on backwards on the pass side... :doh: 🤣
so i wound up redoing all of it with a flash light running out of light but its buttoned up now all the front needs is the hubs installed and the rotors, calipers etc and a full flush of the brake system and i can droop the front end.
then i got to hit the back brakes then finish wiring the speakers and lights and i think i am done for now...at least until i get some wood in and drive the thing for a bit,,, then seats

Reactions: waggonerj

·
Registered
621 Posts
I did not, I'll give that a try. That totally slipped my mind. Currently the inline calibrator is installed with the correct tire adjustments, should I try to revert the X4 to stock and see if that does anything different or take the calibrator back to stock before the X4?
Take them both back to stock and try again. Probably the calibrator first.
I've never done this, but my thoughts are the x4 is overriding the calibration. I guess if it doesn't work, you can send it back, but best to try without programming first.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
What would cause my intercooler boot to keep popping off? Haven't drove it since we camped, went to take some tractor tires to town and it blew shortly after getting on the road?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Overtime oil from the crankcase vent coming through the turbocharger soaks into the boots and makes the inner surface slippery. You can try spraying down the inside clamp surface of the rubber with brake clean and scrubbing it. Then spray the metal stub with Hairspray slip the boot back on and fasten the clamp. If the inner surface has deteriorated too much there are a number of aftermarket companies that make a better product than the Ford factory ones

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,570 Posts
Riff Raff has my vote if you need a new set.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,570 Posts
Lol found your issue.

·
california deplorable
10,732 Posts
What would cause my intercooler boot to keep popping off? Haven't drove it since we camped, went to take some tractor tires to town and it blew shortly after getting on the road?

Riff Raff has my vote if you need a new set.

riff raff boots and new clamps either motor craft or riff raff i believe makes a good clamp now.
and the hair spray tip helps too slides on nice and kinda glues it to keep oil from getting to the joint with a good seal.

hey somebody had a torque spec sheet and i thought i saved it but can't find it ANYWHERE...
of course this computer is kinda giving u so it may have just deleted it out of spite 🤣
or specifically i am wondering if there is a spec for the tie rods?
got the new hubs in and started connecting the tie rod back up but no trque specs and kinda thinking i should go get a bleeder line and do the brakes while i can still swing the knuckles then pop the tie rods back in
sorta makes sense tome but...

37141 - 37160 of 37268 Posts