2,871 Posts
Right off the top of my rememberer I believe the Motorcraft belt is a JK8-1267
Which would be 8 rib 126.7"

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: john galt

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I may have an old belt I can measure. I will check tomorrow.
I put on some new Bilstein 5100 shocks today. Great ride!! I replaced the original Ranchos(which I loved) with low-end KYB’s at about 280,000, and they suck. The Bilsteins are great and I would definitely recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I should really get around to that some day. I have had four 5100's along with the 2" leveling springs sitting in my shop since Christmas. Just haven't got around to picking up a track bar yet and I think I may be needing a new ball joint now too. Of course, being the good procrastinator that I am, I could just wait until I need wheel bearings also.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Oops.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
882 Posts
That does not look like a new house in Tahoe...

·
Registered
5,233 Posts

·
california deplorable
10,791 Posts
I put on some new Bilstein 5100 shocks today. Great ride!! I replaced the original Ranchos(which I loved) with low-end KYB’s at about 280,000, and they suck. The Bilsteins are great and I would definitely recommend them.

Mine is 125.8 (single smaller pulley alternator)
(Continental Elite Belt: Poly-V, Serpentine, 8-Rib)

Motorcraft belt is a JK8-1267
thanks guys
jmo nice tahoe taxi

·
california deplorable
10,791 Posts

i havent run bilstiens since the early 80's but i hear good things about the 5100's from ...everybody. 🤣
i ran high end kyb on my toyota in the 80's and 90's dual front staggered so only one really worked on the street but off road after about 2 inches of travel the second kicked in it was a weird set up designed by a guy who used to race baja for fun and he made his own springs but best damn suspension i ever saw.
had that thing off the ground for about 100' at 80 mph and it landed smooth as can be.
that set up worked astoundingly well.
but they were top end kyb's so...makes a difference? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Back in the day I had 82 Trans Am. I put KYB gas shocks all the way around and a Hotchkis performance trailing arm kit. You could have all four tires howling around a a Cloverleaf and the car sat dead flat and tracked completely solid. Unlike the nasty piece of s*** oversteer to understeer transition it had stock.

In other news after 30 miles with a quart of ATF and half a quart of seafoam then and oil change and another half can of seafoam. The Beast seems to start and run noticeably better. Using the torque app, with no brake torque or anything else it showed me at 12.4 seconds 0 to 60. Not too bad for a truck that is all stock I don't think. the EBP sits at 15 idling, jumped to about 48 Max and settled at 45.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Got a handfull of parts in and waiting for more. Also got a good deal on a rad for my 70 firebird, $200 and looks to be good quality.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
i havent run bilstiens since the early 80's but i hear good things about the 5100's from ...everybody.
i ran high end kyb on my toyota in the 80's and 90's dual front staggered so only one really worked on the street but off road after about 2 inches of travel the second kicked in it was a weird set up designed by a guy who used to race baja for fun and he made his own springs but best damn suspension i ever saw.
had that thing off the ground for about 100' at 80 mph and it landed smooth as can be.
that set up worked astoundingly well.
but they were top end kyb's so...makes a difference? :dunno:
I asked for the KYB Monomax shocks, but received the base model gas-adjust shocks. Monomax worked excellent on my old truck. My buddy was a distributor, but in his defense, he was cutting out the KYB line when I ordered them, so probably some confusion. So I never mentioned it to him. He had a lot going on.

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts

This is how old my FICM tuner is. I just realized the decal is totally old compared to the current PHP logo, haha!

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,590 Posts
Wow, that is old. Haha

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Who had the Hypertech inline speedo calibrator? I just got mine in today but I can't seem to make it work. I followed their instructions and have everything plugged in right, when I update the little box thing I checked for updates first then went ahead and started editing the tire size. I clicked the "tires are not stock" box, input the old tires as 275/70R18 and the new ones as 37x13.50R20 and that didn't work. I tried doing it with just the tire size in inches with just 37, still didn't work. I did the actual size of 36.77 and that still didn't work. I hit the "program unit" button and wait for it to say "program success" but it still doesn't change my speedo in the truck (the actual speedo or the SCT) Any ideas? I'll call hypertech in the morning.

·
california deplorable
10,791 Posts
Well got the cooling system back together on the wife's car. Now if I can get some sleep I might be able to get back to the truck tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
776 Posts
Who had the Hypertech inline speedo calibrator? I just got mine in today but I can't seem to make it work. I followed their instructions and have everything plugged in right, when I update the little box thing I checked for updates first then went ahead and started editing the tire size. I clicked the "tires are not stock" box, input the old tires as 275/70R18 and the new ones as 37x13.50R20 and that didn't work. I tried doing it with just the tire size in inches with just 37, still didn't work. I did the actual size of 36.77 and that still didn't work. I hit the "program unit" button and wait for it to say "program success" but it still doesn't change my speedo in the truck (the actual speedo or the SCT) Any ideas? I'll call hypertech in the morning.
Did you put the tune back to stock before starting? You probably need to do that and drive it a bit, to make sure the stock tune sets, then try programming.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Any of you guys ever have days where massive anxiety comes on out of no where? Or am I just getting older and losing it. Lol.

**** is new for me the last 2 years or so, out of no where I'll just get massive anxiety makes my chest tighten up and everything. Sometimes it's at night in bed where I literally feel like I'm going to die.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,139
Only ever had that once. Tight chest, watched the walls closing in, utter panic....the whole gambit. It was about 3 months after my divorce...going through some pretty dark chit.

I know this'll sound corny, but find your peace man. Whatever that is that calms ya down and gets you to relax....make time for it more often...your body and mind is telling you something......

·
'consent of the governed'
5,706 Posts
Only ever had that once. Tight chest, watched the walls closing in, utter panic....the whole gambit. It was about 3 months after my divorce...going through some pretty dark chit.

Nope, never. Just kidding, I just went through it again a month ago.
Kinda still lingering in the background.

I know this'll sound corny, but find your peace man. Whatever that is that calms ya down and gets you to relax....make time for it more often...your body and mind is telling you something......
Sage advice right there.

37121 - 37140 of 37646 Posts