Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

37001 - 37011 of 37011 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
You shouldn't have to mess with your tunes AFAIK

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Ok, only reason I ask is because I see it plugs into the OBD II one so I didn't know if it'd work with my SCT X4 or if I needed the inline one. I just called Hypertech and he said I'd have to return it to stock on my X4, then use the Hypertech, then retune it with the X4 but I could only use the Hypertech once and I wouldn't be able to change it.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Thats odd, I've changed mine several times fine tuning the speedometer

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Do you have custom tunes with an SCT X4?

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
I do not, just running FICM tuning right now

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Tomorrow after I get up from work got to change the oil and filter in the truck before our camping trip Thursday. Also have to go get fingerprints and passoirt photo id done for my CCW renewal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,510 Posts
Any tips to change out all ABS sensors on a 2005 4WD 6.0, or just pretty straight forward.........?
Be careful removing the sensors. Work them out slowly, dont just yank them out or itll break off inside the hub. Other than that, it's pretty basic stuff.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Reactions: john galt

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Got the first of many parts on order yesterday. Some BD up pipes. Gotta say these are nice and i dont mind paying almost twice the price of anyone else on the market. They're 10% off on their website right now so cheaper than anywhere else. This design is what ford should have done to begin with.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
I am glad you mentioned the “egr version”. I never found those in any searches. I purchased them today. Hopefully this will be the end of slow spool and high egts caused by my new XDP y-pipe that doesn’t even come close to lining up right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Flamed99

·
california deplorable
10,641 Posts
Mrs. nitrogen had been complaining of a growling noise from the front left corner of her Avalanche. The last time she tried to drive it it started making truly ugly crunchy noises so I grounded it until I could investigate. I don't think we left too many unused miles in this wheel bearing
thats pretty worn down missing a few roller bearings....its gm send it

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
I am glad you mentioned the “egr version”. I never found those in any searches. I purchased them today. Hopefully this will be the end of slow spool and high egts caused by my new XDP y-pipe that doesn’t even come close to lining up right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad to help. I think they're relatively new. And your experience is one of many that pushed my decision towards these. Im trying to do as much one and done with the cab off as possible.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

37001 - 37011 of 37011 Posts