Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

36901 - 36919 of 36919 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,685 Posts
Welp, I couldn't take it any longer, the curiosity was killing me. Not a 6.0 thing but I figured some of you might get a kick out of it. The little Ranger got some boost...

First start.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Was there a reason behind putting a super charger on a ranger? Either way, I like it lol.

I believe it's time for rotors... I just did the wheel bearings a month ago but that didn't stop my pulsing when stopping (they were bad though), so I'm now getting rotors. I just did pads front and rear about 2k miles ago so the pads should still be good. What brands do you guys recommend for rotors? I used to think Powerstop was the go to for brakes but I've been hearing a different story recently.

Also is there anything else that could cause this pulsing while stopping? I have new upper and lower ball joints, and new wheel bearings.

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
Reactions: john galt

·
california deplorable
10,625 Posts
Welp, I couldn't take it any longer, the curiosity was killing me. Not a 6.0 thing but I figured some of you might get a kick out of it. The little Ranger got some boost...
View attachment 768190

First start.
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
dude we gotta hang out!
that thing is pretty

Was there a reason behind putting a super charger on a ranger? Either way, I like it lol.

I believe it's time for rotors... I just did the wheel bearings a month ago but that didn't stop my pulsing when stopping (they were bad though), so I'm now getting rotors. I just did pads front and rear about 2k miles ago so the pads should still be good. What brands do you guys recommend for rotors? I used to think Powerstop was the go to for brakes but I've been hearing a different story recently.

Also is there anything else that could cause this pulsing while stopping? I have new upper and lower ball joints, and new wheel bearings.
im putting powerstops on... but i have heard good things about nakamotos

Reactions: Red Ford

·
Premium Member
11,685 Posts
I had one laying around. I thought it would be a fun project. I like more power. Sometimes I lose my mind and pretend I have more money than sense.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Well I ended up going with rotors from Detroil axle, reviews seem good and the price was alright. Hopefully I won't regret this decision lol.

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
Well I ended up going with rotors from Detroil axle, reviews seem good and the price was alright. Hopefully I won't regret this decision lol.
We'll all know soon

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Also while I'm spending money, I'm looking at getting the Hypertech to adjust my speedo for the 37's. Can anyone explain to me how these work? I found 1 that looks fairly easy, but it's only for the gas trucks. Once I put in that my truck is diesel, it gives me this thing and I have no clue how this thing is supposed to work. If I put in the part number, 4 wheel parts gives me one that looks like an actual calibrator thing with a screen, but Jegs, Summit racing, CarID, etc. all give me something that looks like this:

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
Also while I'm spending money, I'm looking at getting the Hypertech to adjust my speedo for the 37's. Can anyone explain to me how these work? I found 1 that looks fairly easy, but it's only for the gas trucks. Once I put in that my truck is diesel, it gives me this thing and I have no clue how this thing is supposed to work. If I put in the part number, 4 wheel parts gives me one that looks like an actual calibrator thing with a screen, but Jegs, Summit racing, CarID, etc. all give me something that looks like this:

The one i got says 2003-2005
Its a flash and remove unit

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
Looks just like this

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
RIP Charlie Daniels
Was very shocked to read that this morning

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Awesome, thanks @voodooridr got $50 off from advanced auto. I ended up having to call them to figure out what all the differences were, the one that I posted was if you had their tuner and you needed the calibration too.

·
Premium Member
2,155 Posts
So I finally got around to mounting my new Trail Ridge mirrors(‘08-‘16 style) with power fold. I love the view, and the lack of vibration that I had with the Syppos. What I don’t love is that I have power to the plug, but no power fold at the passenger mirror. Worked great the night I finished. I cycled it about 15 times. But the next morn, no go on the passenger side. There is a small square on the mirror harness, where the main harness plugs into, that I think is a switch, or regulator. I get power to that, but not coming out. It worked again yesterday for a minute. I guess I will see about warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mbsfield18

·
Administrator
21,600 Posts
hard wired here too, when it comes to wireless calibration there is a lot of wave interference in some newer trucks.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Alright guys.
This is the real deal this time no bs. I'm listing the 6.0 online for sale, and I know itll go quick. So before I do that, I figured I'd give some of you the option first for a great, very well cared for and capable 6.0. It has 104,777 current mileage and just had new tires and brakes done at 97k, and rear brakes at roughly 100-102 I forget.
Has the factory radiator and intercooler installed, but I will let the mishimoto stuff go with it if you so choose to swap.

2 weeks ago the paint was polished and coated with Cquartz UK 3.0 ceramic.

The truck isnt flawless, it's a 2006 and I got my hands on it in October 2015. But its about as damn close as you can get for a 15 year old truck. You also remember I installed a full Harley interior out of an 07 that had only 38k miles on it. Leather and seats are nearly flawless.
I'm not going to argue over the price, I will list it on craigslist at $28.5k and I expect mid to high 20s, I will not part with it for less.

So if you guys want a crack at it before anyone else, heres the shot. If not, no hard feelings and my feelings wont be hurt.

I'll get some more photos Thursday when I wash it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
488 Posts
Alright guys.
This is the real deal this time no bs. I'm listing the 6.0 online for sale, and I know itll go quick. So before I do that, I figured I'd give some of you the option first for a great, very well cared for and capable 6.0. It has 104,777 current mileage and just had new tires and brakes done at 97k, and rear brakes at roughly 100-102 I forget.
Has the factory radiator and intercooler installed, but I will let the mishimoto stuff go with it if you so choose to swap.

2 weeks ago the paint was polished and coated with Cquartz UK 3.0 ceramic.

The truck isnt flawless, it's a 2006 and I got my hands on it in October 2015. But its about as damn close as you can get for a 15 year old truck. You also remember I installed a full Harley interior out of an 07 that had only 38k miles on it. Leather and seats are nearly flawless.
I'm not going to argue over the price, I will list it on craigslist at $28.5k and I expect mid to high 20s, I will not part with it for less.

So if you guys want a crack at it before anyone else, heres the shot. If not, no hard feelings and my feelings wont be hurt.

I'll get some more photos Thursday when I wash it.

Damn good looking truck

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
@ZMANN was it the one that @voodooridr posted that didn't work? I haven't done much research (ok maybe a couple google searches) but I haven't seen anyone saying it didn't work. There are 2 of them though, one only adjusts up to a 35" tire and the other goes up past 40"

36901 - 36919 of 36919 Posts