Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

36801 - 36820 of 36922 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Thanks guys! I'm doing OK, been keeping pretty busy on the farm, plus Hannah came to OH for awhile. Once she's done helping out at her aunt's place she's gonna try to spend July with us. Her family is a bit on the weird side, I think that's why Jack would come down and hand me the phone and say here talk to her, and he'd go make a sandwich or something. Other times he'd put her on speaker and we'd all sit and talk and laugh. I think he wanted her to know what a close family was like, that and he wanted us to know & love her too. So we pretty much adopted her, I had bought Jack a stripped AR and parts kit that we never put together. Me & her are gonna build it and I'm giving it to her, she's big on hunting & fishing, and every 17 year old needs an M4 gery. Especially the way the country is going now, I did check with her dad first and he's cool with it. My heart breaks for her, they had their plans all made, they planned to get married right after graduation and head west. So all her her dreams came crashing down. She's young and should move on in time, we're just trying to help her get over everything.
I feel for you. We went to the cemetery and gave the boy some flowers on Saturday. Hard to believe it'll be 6 years next month. Time takes some of the sting away, but I still don't feel that's a wound that ever completely heals.

·
Premium Member
7,746 Posts
I feel for you. We went to the cemetery and gave the boy some flowers on Saturday. Hard to believe it'll be 6 years next month. Time takes some of the sting away, but I still don't feel that's a wound that ever completely heals.
Yeah I went up and watered some flowers that one of his friends planted, hope the monument gets here before Hannah heads back home. I don't figure that wound will ever really heal. We raised Jack as a Christian and after talking to his friends he was truly a believer. Having that faith and believing in the resurrection is the thing that helps us deal with it.
I get on his YouTube page now and then, usually good for a laugh.

·
Vendor
12,870 Posts
Thanks guys! I'm doing OK, been keeping pretty busy on the farm, plus Hannah came to OH for awhile. Once she's done helping out at her aunt's place she's gonna try to spend July with us. Her family is a bit on the weird side, I think that's why Jack would come down and hand me the phone and say here talk to her, and he'd go make a sandwich or something. Other times he'd put her on speaker and we'd all sit and talk and laugh. I think he wanted her to know what a close family was like, that and he wanted us to know & love her too. So we pretty much adopted her, I had bought Jack a stripped AR and parts kit that we never put together. Me & her are gonna build it and I'm giving it to her, she's big on hunting & fishing, and every 17 year old needs an M4 gery. Especially the way the country is going now, I did check with her dad first and he's cool with it. My heart breaks for her, they had their plans all made, they planned to get married right after graduation and head west. So all her her dreams came crashing down. She's young and should move on in time, we're just trying to help her get over everything.
That right there makes my heart very happy.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
You're a good man, Mark.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
Yeah I went up and watered some flowers that one of his friends planted, hope the monument gets here before Hannah heads back home. I don't figure that wound will ever really heal. We raised Jack as a Christian and after talking to his friends he was truly a believer. Having that faith and believing in the resurrection is the thing that helps us deal with it.
I get on his YouTube page now and then, usually good for a laugh.
Agreed....I honestly feel for people without the resurrection hope. Without that, it is just a total loss when you lose a loved one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
So check this out.

I think this is going to be our new signage.
All of my new cabinets have under lighting on the lip. And we are backlighting all of our signs.

Large Restroom logo. These will fill an 8x8 wall.

Our existing cooler signage is 2nd photo.

And then if I can explain this right. The 3rd photo round restroom sign.
Our new signs will be rectangle and say the same thing as current in a more modern font. But they will be lit and displayed like the restroom sign. Where they are worded, soda, beer, etc will be lit like the man is, and the edges will glow the same.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
So check this out.

All of my new cabinets have under lighting on the lip. And we are backlighting all of our signs.

Our new signs will be rectangle and say the same thing as current in a more modern font. But they will be lit and displayed like the restroom sign. Where they are worded, soda, beer, etc will be lit like the man is, and the edges will glow the same.

I see where youre going with everything. The signs do need an update. I like the backlit idea. Once cali is not so locked down id like to take a trip that way and enjoy some coast line. Gonna hit yellowstone next week. I havent been there since single digits and my wife never has. Looks to be a decent week to do it in.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

And damn dude, your phone is always dead or damn near.

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
So check this out.

You're missing one of these

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
812 Posts
Question anyone put any drive time in a Ford Focus RS? Seems pretty interesting 350hp AWD manual same motor as the low end mustangs.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I daily an 02 ZX5.... does that count? Lol

Maybe if it’s been swapped to AWD and about 200
more horse

Reactions: john galt

·
california deplorable
10,626 Posts
well today at 4 pm our newest great grand son was born!
aric raymond sands 9#7oz

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,499 Posts
Congrats Grandpa!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Reactions: john galt

·
california deplorable
10,626 Posts
You're missing one of these

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
what is that stuff?
i recognize the corona virus edition but...

Question anyone put any drive time in a Ford Focus RS? Seems pretty interesting 350hp AWD manual same motor as the low end mustangs.

top gear did a review of the euro edition and they loved it ?

Congrats Grandpa!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
thanks man and that's great grandpa x3 now

Reactions: waggonerj
36801 - 36820 of 36922 Posts