Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

36781 - 36800 of 36923 Posts

·
california deplorable
10,626 Posts
well...i was going to start on the axles bearing hubs u joints etc on the truck today BUT
instead i got to do wiring and fluids changing etc on the caddy.
i did get the stupid headlights working right again.
and got everything cleaned up really nice under the hood.
i am starting to think it would be cheaper and faster to hire someone to finish the truck up for me 🤣

·
california deplorable
10,626 Posts
I’m needing to know the same thing. I’m going to be doing brakes and rotors at some point. I’m in not able to get the TX6R kit.
I wish we could see real world test stock/Vs a,b,c.

If I won the lotto, it would be my hobby to get real world results of all these “aftermarket” items.
Compare stock VS.

Oh anyone want a S4?

toomanytoys always has good info on such things and this thread was no exception.
i am going with z36 power stops myself but i already bought them and had them delivered so...
i hope they are as good as so many others have said over the years

Reactions: SparkyF250

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,499 Posts
@john galt did you get your truck going yet?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
california deplorable
10,626 Posts
@john galt did you get your truck going yet?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
NO.............................................................
i havent had a chance to spun a wrench on the thing in a week. was going to today but the caddy trans acted up so instead i swapped the fluid on that topped oil cleaned it all up repaired the headlights wiring...i HATE wiring.
i almost got the dayighters wired on the truck and i need to jack it up and make sure it dont fall....
i need a garage BADLY

·
california deplorable
10,626 Posts
wont be able to touch the truck tomorrow either sick doggie going to the vet

·
Premium Member
7,746 Posts
hope everyone had a great daddy day.
my youngest daughter came up and surprised me hot to hang out for a while it was great.
only down side is i hardly accomplished anything outside today
totally worth it
Bittersweet weekend, Friday was 3 months since we lost Jack, Saturday was our 28th anniversary, Sunday my oldest son came down for the day and Monday Hannah (Jack's girlfriend) spent the day here.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Hang in there, Sparky.

·
Registered
812 Posts
My wife and I are kicking around letting the Excursion go.....
Looks like my S4 just sold waiting on the funds to transfer. Not sure what is next. If the Excursion is to be listed and sold.
Really want a truck

·
Registered
812 Posts
Why'd you guys sell the S4?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
It was a spur of the moment buy a want not a need. It’s a ton of fun that 392 to the wheels really movs it.
I also have a bad habit of keeping vehicles 6 months to a year. So many fun cars why be tied to one.

Also I want twin turbo something S6, CLS63s, Raptor or 02 Cummins (sorry)

The Excursion (not even 4 yrs) is currently the longest I have owned a vehicle. It’s also the most I have spent on one, after initial purchase.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I feel ya there. I'm lucky to keep a truck two years also. I've had my current one a little over a year.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I feel ya there. I'm lucky to keep a truck two years also. I've had my current one a little over a year.

My wife got a long term SUV a Nissan Armada so I’m able to get some that is a bit fun now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,686 Posts
It was a spur of the moment buy a want not a need. It’s a ton of fun that 392 to the wheels really movs it.
I also have a bad habit of keeping vehicles 6 months to a year. So many fun cars why be tied to one.

Also I want twin turbo something S6, CLS63s, Raptor or 02 Cummins (sorry)

The Excursion (not even 4 yrs) is currently the longest I have owned a vehicle. It’s also the most I have spent on one, after initial purchase.
My Audi ownership was short lived. I let them have it back. Too many little signs that it was going to be a problem child. The first of which was the fact that the mileage statement I signed had almost 10k less miles listed than the odometer read. It was an impulse buy, late in the day and we were tired from a road trip. We didn't even think to look at the odometer when we test drove it and didn't notice the discrepancy until the next day. It was advertised at ~63k miles, but had over 75k miles on it when we purchased. The odometer statement said a little over 66k miles. Then I drove it to work and the dash lit up with ABS, TPMS and Stability Control errors. It would literally slam on brakes momentarily when the errors hit. After a while, they would clear themselves and do it all over again. We decided it was best to cut our losses.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Good they took it back! You need to be very particular when buying a Audi.

·
Premium Member
11,686 Posts
Good they took it back! You need to be very particular when buying a Audi.

They were very understanding. LOL
I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the screenshot of the ad for the car and the major discrepancy between the mileage statement and the odometer. I could have probably hired a lawyer and gotten them in some pretty hot water or at least made their days a little tougher for a while. Honestly though, they seemed genuine about making it right. They also offered to fix everything and give us a $1000 discount on the purchase price if we chose to keep it. We seriously considered it because we really liked it, but with the mechanical issues and other little things bugs we found after purchase, we just decided we had been given the signs to walk away.

·
Premium Member
7,746 Posts
Hang in there, Sparky.
Hang in there Mark as sock puppet said above.
Thanks guys! I'm doing OK, been keeping pretty busy on the farm, plus Hannah came to OH for awhile. Once she's done helping out at her aunt's place she's gonna try to spend July with us. Her family is a bit on the weird side, I think that's why Jack would come down and hand me the phone and say here talk to her, and he'd go make a sandwich or something. Other times he'd put her on speaker and we'd all sit and talk and laugh. I think he wanted her to know what a close family was like, that and he wanted us to know & love her too. So we pretty much adopted her, I had bought Jack a stripped AR and parts kit that we never put together. Me & her are gonna build it and I'm giving it to her, she's big on hunting & fishing, and every 17 year old needs an M4 gery. Especially the way the country is going now, I did check with her dad first and he's cool with it. My heart breaks for her, they had their plans all made, they planned to get married right after graduation and head west. So all her her dreams came crashing down. She's young and should move on in time, we're just trying to help her get over everything.

36781 - 36800 of 36923 Posts