Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

36601 - 36614 of 36614 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,992 Posts
Question for you guys. As I am doing these brake lines I can’t help but notice

Let’s just assume I didn’t spill any coolant. Could the cap / bottle need replacing ? I’m at 197 miles. Idk if I wanna spend the money or effort on heads after all this work ... there’s a real nice 17 lariat at the ford dealer near me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have an EGR cooler?

·
california deplorable
10,518 Posts
aftermarket has fass and air dog punps seems like i heard one was better but i dont know which it was. i know @j.flow had trouble with one system and went on a return to stock after dong every "cool upgrade" out there and having nothing but troubles

·
california deplorable
10,518 Posts
Do you have an EGR cooler?

this...
also after running the truck does it seem to build heavy pressure in the system?
are you filling to the minimum line which is the new max?
if you take the truck out and park it nose down a little and pull the egr out in the morning is the wet inside the intake or is it just "diesel dust"y
thats all i got that could be of any help

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
this...
also after running the truck does it seem to build heavy pressure in the system?
are you filling to the minimum line which is the new max?
if you take the truck out and park it nose down a little and pull the egr out in the morning is the wet inside the intake or is it just "diesel dust"y
thats all i got that could be of any help
I’ve had the truck jacked up so once I get the truck aligned and brakes bled I’ll check this after the weekend

·
Super Moderator
9,992 Posts
Yeah BPD , swapped it when my stocker blew up like 35-40k ago

Hate to be that guy, but thats what my HG’s did when deleted, ran it for a number of years, got terrible when pulling hills with injectors/turbo upgrade

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,471 Posts
Cooling system pressure test time!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Question for you guys. As I am doing these brake lines I can’t help but notice

Let’s just assume I didn’t spill any coolant. Could the cap / bottle need replacing ? I’m at 197 miles. Idk if I wanna spend the money or effort on heads after all this work ... there’s a real nice 17 lariat at the ford dealer near me lol

Could just be a cap but more than likely its the hg's starting to leak. Can run it for awhile as has been stated but it will get worse, esp when towing heavy. I would definitely do a pressure test before getting too worked up about it.

On the new truck side, im sure we all agree the amenities and power in the newer trucks is much better than our trucks. But after that, look at whether its worth paying ten times as much for a truck that may be as dependable long term as your truck. Once the appropriate repairs/mods are done anyways. Ive debated dumping both my 6.0's or the 03 and momas truck for a new truck. But i can add most anything id want from a new truck to either of mine including plenty of power. And the overall cost and eventual repairs and mods the new truck will need makes my old non emissions trucks sound better everyday. See what the pressure test results are.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Well shop just called. Guess my coolant res is or was swollen also and needs replaced and my fuel pump (near the filters under cab) took a ****. Any recommendations for replacement, maybe better than OEM?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Fass for after market or the 6.7 pump if plumbing mods arent an issue. Otherwise just get another oem pump for plug and play.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Could just be a cap but more than likely its the hg's starting to leak. Can run it for awhile as has been stated but it will get worse, esp when towing heavy. I would definitely do a pressure test before getting too worked up about it.

On the new truck side, im sure we all agree the amenities and power in the newer trucks is much better than our trucks. But after that, look at whether its worth paying ten times as much for a truck that may be as dependable long term as your truck. Once the appropriate repairs/mods are done anyways. Ive debated dumping both my 6.0's or the 03 and momas truck for a new truck. But i can add most anything id want from a new truck to either of mine including plenty of power. And the overall cost and eventual repairs and mods the new truck will need makes my old non emissions trucks sound better everyday. See what the pressure test results are.

Yeah I know one of my bosses says I have an almost new truck n should just fix mine lol. I guess I’m just frustrated at the constant issues

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
But you're almost to the end of the tunnel
Look for the light, go into the light

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Yeah I know one of my bosses says I have an almost new truck n should just fix mine lol. I guess I’m just frustrated at the constant issues

You're at the point where it's just time to get new. Keeping yours is fine, and I would. But I'd keep it as a burner. Run frivolous miles on it, drive it for fun when you want. It's a nice truck and you've done a lot of work.
But you first and foremost need a reliable tow rig.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
california deplorable
10,518 Posts

this...
i could pay ten times as much for a newer truck than it would cost me to go through everything on mine but i wouldnt enjoy it ten times as much...
for me thats the bottom line

But you're almost to the end of the tunnel
Look for the light, go into the light

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
annnnd this....
you have DONE a ton of work your truck is beautiful ... and yes it can be irritating as hell but push through to the end and you will have a beautiful truck that does all you ask of it for at least another decade. and yes th new trucks are nice and if i had @j.flo money i would think about it but honestly i still believe our trucks vintage is just way cooler than the new trucks yea they look nice and all but the original series superduties just have a way bigger wow factor and every truck i look at and go "DAMN THAT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!". is a 6.0

·
Registered
780 Posts
The comments are fantastic on this listing

36601 - 36614 of 36614 Posts