Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

36581 - 36601 of 36992 Posts

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,856 Posts
I wonder if the P1832 and P1876 was due to my failing 4x4 selector solenoid? It was just dumping vacuum and I had to engage by hand, but once engaged I had to pull the hub hoses to disengage. I've since replaced that and my 4x4 works to my knowledge.

I have seen a code stating an incompatibility issue in a few of the tunes, but I don't see that pid right now.

If the overhead computer is that crap on the roof, I don't care about it, but it works minus maintaining my direction.

I haven't noticed any issues with my cluster and all of my gauges seem to work on the dash and on my SCT.

I haven't had any issues with my fuel pump or the fuses that I'm aware of.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Check your v-reference voltage.

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,506 Posts
They're getting closer! loads mags with a smile

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,856 Posts
You can get the value off of Torque Pro, ForScan, or even the Scangauge. You can also backprobe a V-ref sensor, like the ICP, the MAP, MAF, EBP, or even the fan clutch. I can get you the wire color for whichever one you may need to backprobe (with Key-On).

·
Registered
493 Posts
You can get the value off of Torque Pro, ForScan, or even the Scangauge. You can also backprobe a V-ref sensor, like the ICP, the MAP, MAF, EBP, or even the fan clutch. I can get you the wire color for whichever one you may need to backprobe (with Key-On).
I'll check on Forscan first, and if it doesn't check out, then I'll backprobe.

·
Super Moderator
10,008 Posts
Slightly off-topic, but "topic" is volatile in this thread anyway, so... :D

Wife and I are looking at travel trailers for the family. The ones we're proably gonna end up with are between 8k-10k GVWR. I do have tow tunes from PHP (65HP Tow), Gearhead (8k Tow & Unlimited Tow), and the canned SCT 45HP Tow. However, I do believe all those (except the unlimited from GH) are only rated for towing 8k or less, otherwise you run the risk of damaging HG's or having other engine issues. Looking for a tune that I can safely pull a 9k travel trailer with that won't tear up the truck (yes, yes, I know it's always a gamble :D ).

What are you guys towing weight wise, and what tune(s) are you using?

-jokester
I've pulled in the 10k range with SPD, I'd see which one responds better and has better EGT's

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was towing with GCVW of close to 30k with SPD tunes. Loved it

Reactions: jokester00

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,506 Posts
I've also towed with SPD, but only around 6-7k. 10 hour trip, SPD and FICM tuning EGTs around 1100 up hills 7-800 cruising.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
california deplorable
10,639 Posts
towed 10k on looney egts ran about normal but only up to the house so...

·
california deplorable
10,639 Posts
Before I order one off of fleabay or otherwise.....any folks in here have an old unlocked X3 that they're looking to get rid of?
i LOVE my x3 :p not that i bounce around between tunes a lot.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Before I order one off of fleabay or otherwise.....any folks in here have an old unlocked X3 that they're looking to get rid of?
SCT can now unlock an X3 remotely, according to a recent email. So just make sure to leave $150 in escrow if you buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,008 Posts
SCT can now unlock an X3 remotely, according to a recent email. So just make sure to leave $150 in escrow if you buy one.

Jesus I thought super chips 100 buck fee was high 8 years ago

·
california deplorable
10,639 Posts

damn...first i have heard of that.

Jesus I thought super chips 100 buck fee was high 8 years ago

agreed customer support should be support not extortion.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Slightly off-topic, but "topic" is volatile in this thread anyway, so... :D

Wife and I are looking at travel trailers for the family. The ones we're proably gonna end up with are between 8k-10k GVWR. I do have tow tunes from PHP (65HP Tow), Gearhead (8k Tow & Unlimited Tow), and the canned SCT 45HP Tow. However, I do believe all those (except the unlimited from GH) are only rated for towing 8k or less, otherwise you run the risk of damaging HG's or having other engine issues. Looking for a tune that I can safely pull a 9k travel trailer with that won't tear up the truck (yes, yes, I know it's always a gamble :D ).

What are you guys towing weight wise, and what tune(s) are you using?

-jokester
I tow a 10k tt with the canned 65hp tune. Last time I towed I got 17 mpg. The canned tunes are for max towing capacity, the street and performance tunes are what limits weight

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Well not good news on the truck. Mechanic thinks there's a hot tune on it which I didn't put on it and causing it to miss.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Question for you guys. As I am doing these brake lines I can’t help but notice

Let’s just assume I didn’t spill any coolant. Could the cap / bottle need replacing ? I’m at 197 miles. Idk if I wanna spend the money or effort on heads after all this work ... there’s a real nice 17 lariat at the ford dealer near me lol

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Well shop just called. Guess my coolant res is or was swollen also and needs replaced and my fuel pump (near the filters under cab) took a ****. Any recommendations for replacement, maybe better than OEM?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Reactions: john galt

·
california deplorable
10,639 Posts
Question for you guys. As I am doing these brake lines I can’t help but notice

Let’s just assume I didn’t spill any coolant. Could the cap / bottle need replacing ? I’m at 197 miles. Idk if I wanna spend the money or effort on heads after all this work ... there’s a real nice 17 lariat at the ford dealer near me lol

caps do wear out bottles too. i have swapped mine twice already so fingers crossed...
last one i got was like 30 bucks on ebay had the stock ford stickers so...

Well shop just called. Guess my coolant res is or was swollen also and needs replaced and my fuel pump (near the filters under cab) took a ****. Any recommendations for replacement, maybe better than OEM?

again i got one from ebay that waas cheap and has been excellent.
got some elc coolant stickers for too someone here was going to make some at one point but i havent heard anything on that for awhile...
i think the sticker i have came from a cat dealer if i remember right.

·
Super Moderator
10,008 Posts

6.7 pump is cheaper than an airdog but requires some customish work

36581 - 36601 of 36992 Posts