Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

36541 - 36560 of 36919 Posts

·
california deplorable
10,626 Posts
oh and i checked my hone earlier trying to run the battery don to recharge , anyways, tried out tapatlk and it seemed to work better than it ever has for me...?
still opted to grab the laptop but :D

Reactions: SparkyF250

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Well finally cracked a head. Truck is in for head, arp head studs, and brake booster.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
california deplorable
10,626 Posts
Well finally cracked a head. Truck is in for head, arp head studs, and brake booster.

seems wrong liking that but think how solid it will be after its done :D
also....
i saw 2 amarillo super dookies in our little one horse town the other day!
we have had one for a while, guy works at the tire shop in town but we had another the other day at the same time... what are the odds?

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Anyone have a part number for the driver side front brake line that goes from the distro block to the caliper line ? The fitting was corroded and I rounded it out

Or should o just clip it and go buy a flare tool and a new end ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
seems wrong liking that but think how solid it will be after its done :D
also....
i saw 2 amarillo super dookies in our little one horse town the other day!
we have had one for a while, guy works at the tire shop in town but we had another the other day at the same time... what are the odds?
Well shop told me next would be my lifters if I ran Looney Wild lol

Reactions: john galt

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,499 Posts
Curious as to why they think that?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,746 Posts

·
california deplorable
10,626 Posts
Curious as to why they think that?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
i i had to guess...
it would be one of those shops that believe in stock by the book builds?

And automatic transmissions
good point. I am prepping for a trans swap on the suburban from a 98 tahoe donor i picked up...if anyone needs some gm parts cheap let me know 🤣
but first i am focusing on getting my truck back on the road. but if i dont do the suburban shortly there after there will be hell to pay.
i have a feeling the suburban trans is the converter or the pump...but i aint playin that game :eek:

Reactions: SparkyF250

·
Registered
503 Posts
i i had to guess...
it would be one of those shops that believe in stock by the book builds?

good point. I am prepping for a trans swap on the suburban from a 98 tahoe donor i picked up...if anyone needs some gm parts cheap let me know
but first i am focusing on getting my truck back on the road. but if i dont do the suburban shortly there after there will be hell to pay.
i have a feeling the suburban trans is the converter or the pump...but i aint playin that game :eek:
The computer can keep the trans from shifting. If it's intermediate, look at the computer.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Anyone know if the OBDII MX Link can cause a no start while plugged in? I don't know much about this thing, yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,685 Posts
Not unless there's an underlying problem in the OBDII circuit or PCM.

·
california deplorable
10,626 Posts
The computer can keep the trans from shifting. If it's intermediate, look at the computer.
no its a slipping tc not locking up type of issue. i had a guy rebuild the thing I am betting a connection to the pump got lose or the tc should have been replaced at the time and wasnt? anyways he moved across country to take care of his father in law so...warranty work is out. lol
i dont open trannys
had a friend in south tahoe with a shop he had a basic turbo 350 trans spread across the wall ... after that i lost all interest in working on a trans. :ROFLMAO:

Haven't had that issue until I plugged in the MX. Truck starts fine with SCT plugged in.

if the truck still starts with it unplugged or with the sct in i would say there must be a short inside that thing or something. pull it and contact the seller would be my first move.
it would be odd but...

·
Registered
488 Posts
no its a slipping tc not locking up type of issue. i had a guy rebuild the thing I am betting a connection to the pump got lose or the tc should have been replaced at the time and wasnt? anyways he moved across country to take care of his father in law so...warranty work is out. lol
i dont open trannys
had a friend in south tahoe with a shop he had a basic turbo 350 trans spread across the wall ... after that i lost all interest in working on a trans.

if the truck still starts with it unplugged or with the sct in i would say there must be a short inside that thing or something. pull it and contact the seller would be my first move.
it would be odd but...
That's a good idea, I may need to do that as when it's unplugged, my truck starts on the second turn.

·
california deplorable
10,626 Posts
Anyone have a part number for the driver side front brake line that goes from the distro block to the caliper line ? The fitting was corroded and I rounded it out

i dont have a part number but you could try a flare tool.

Huh??? I'm not a fan of QT either but that just makes 0 sense lol.
i like QT but to be fair i havet tried a lot of other tunes
i just got along with vivian and she did a great job dialing in my looney to fit my truck and needs.

·
california deplorable
10,626 Posts
That's a good idea, I may need to do that as when it's unplugged, my truck starts on the second turn.

if it was stopping my truck from starting that thing would be on fire 🤣
yea i would send it back and have them check it out. cause...i aint tryin it on MY truck :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: mbsfield18

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts

The L/S is a 6C3Z-2264-AB for the 4WD (2WD is obsolete)
Retails for $39.82 and the only inventory is in Detroit

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I've seen some of my job sites shut down due to weather, due to safety concerns such as asbestos, more recently a virus, but now we are shut down due to rioting. We got a whopping 1 week back after 2 months off and we are 50 miles North of Seattle but our job is shut down for our safety.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,813 Posts
Answer = VOTE!

36541 - 36560 of 36919 Posts