Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

36461 - 36472 of 36472 Posts

·
california deplorable
10,420 Posts
i believe you can unbolt them but i think the jump seat fits even with the arm rests in place and you should be able to fold em and forget em

·
california deplorable
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
I believe they're bolt on not studs

·
california deplorable
10,420 Posts
I’m looking at a jump seat in place of my console . Are there studs for the armrests or can I just unbolting them from the seats ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
when i did the carpet for my 04 the jump seat bolts right in to the seat bolt holes if i remember right

·
Registered
366 Posts
I’m looking at a jump seat in place of my console . Are there studs for the armrests or can I just unbolting them from the seats ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The arm rests are held on with a bolt, just peel the "hinge" side of the arm rest cover back to unbolt. There are also pegs that the bolt threads into, and the arm rest pivots on, those are not removable and stick out a little bit. If you want to remove them, you have to cut them off (I wouldn't do it to an outlaw). If you can leave the arm rests on, you should.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
The arm rests are held on with a bolt, just peel the "hinge" side of the arm rest cover back to unbolt. There are also pegs that the bolt threads into, and the arm rest pivots on, those are not removable and stick out a little bit. If you want to remove them, you have to cut them off (I wouldn't do it to an outlaw). If you can leave the arm rests on, you should.

Yeah thats what i was afraid of and i wouldnt cut the stud portion off. I to re wrap my seat so it looks like i may just look at replacing to a newer front set, well see. Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yeah thats what i was afraid of and i wouldnt cut the stud portion off. I to re wrap my seat so it looks like i may just look at replacing to a newer front set, well see. Thanks for the feedback
Try leaving the arm rests on. Leave em folded up when the center seat back is down, and fold them down, with the seat back up, should work.
I cut mine off, but I went to a 2016 console, so different thing.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Try leaving the arm rests on. Leave em folded up when the center seat back is down, and fold them down, with the seat back up, should work.
I cut mine off, but I went to a 2016 console, so different thing.
Yeah with the arm rest on, it wont fit the seat when its up. I would need to remove the arms otherwise no point in having the jumpseat. I think im gonna forgo the JS for now.

On a seperate note. Anyone have a good deal on a quality 6.4 Starter?

36461 - 36472 of 36472 Posts