Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

36381 - 36400 of 36469 Posts

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
So being miserable and not enjoying life is worth only $270 a month to you?

Life is too short for me to worry about $67.50 a week.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,454 Posts
That's gonna be a fun diag. Does it have remote start or anything wired into the ignition wiring?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,454 Posts
I agree.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
States across the country go through hurricanes and dont lose power.

Meanwhile in California..

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,454 Posts
Forgot to pay your california electricity privilege tax? Lmao

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
So being miserable and not enjoying life is worth only $270 a month to you?

Life is too short for me to worry about $67.50 a week.

I enjoy life and I'm not miserable lol, the car allows me to access a lot of my jobsites much easier so one could argue it makes my life better. Plus I still have the truck for when I want to feel like mr. manly man. I know we're in 2 different financial brackets, but $270/mo is a lot lol, that's a car payment or a nice dinner every other week.

·
california deplorable
10,420 Posts
The maintenance cost has always made me shy away from hybrid/full electric vehicles, although, I want to like them.

full electrics the thing that first turned me off to them is they just dont go far enough.
i can charge it leave the house at full charge and run to the city for supplies amd would have to sit and wait for hours for it to charge enough to get me home :doh: that one blew me away though i am sure they are better now but still
them there was the first time i saw a charge station that ran off a diesel generator 🤣
the final straw for me was the bay area type who drive them...
them reair and maint but the prius there are enough of them out there prices are coming down the mileage is really pretty good etc etc...then i remember the geo we bought for my mother in law got 63 mph with minimal maintenance and was actually a nice little car..
but having anything to take wear and tear offf the truck when yohu want is kinda nice

So in other words it's like having a 6.0? You can find it cheap but better have the repair fund on hand for new batteries? lol
🤣 🤣 🤣

Well boys, got a problem. Started it this morning and it was starting in the run position. Drove a mile and stopped to grab some tools. I left in running for 10 minutes and when I came out it was smoking electric smell under the hood. In drive or reverse it seems OK but as soon as I put it in P or N you can hear grinding. 04 F 450. Also the alt seemed pretty hot. @bismic @waggonerj
oh chit...check out the gounds too and all that
i do have a new in the box solenoid if ya want or need it
i was going to rebuild my old starter but never got around to it?
and i do like the 6.4 starter
if you want the solenoid et me know

But what would make the starter drag only in P and N and now won't even click? Probably burned the starter. And yes it was a touch test.
yea i think Nick was onto something .
was the electrical smell the starter motor burning up by chance?
perhaps from a short keeping it engaged the whole time?

not sure any of that helps but ...just putting it out there
and again if you need a solenoid

·
california deplorable
10,420 Posts
ooops motherin laws geo got 42 mpg
cant type...worse in the dark

·
california deplorable
10,420 Posts
States across the country go through hurricanes and dont lose power.

Meanwhile in California..

my guess is an uninsured illegal alien who cant be prosecuted, because the state dems need the votes,
driving drunk and took out a power pole.
probably get extra funding to aid in his recovery from gestapo gavin nuisance...

·
california deplorable
10,420 Posts
Damn it. That was what my first thought was. Oh well. I'll let you know the outcome thanks for the input.
come to think of it i have my old starter with the bad solenod too if you need it

·
Registered
409 Posts
full electrics the thing that first turned me off to them is they just dont go far enough.
i can charge it leave the house at full charge and run to the city for supplies amd would have to sit and wait for hours for it to charge enough to get me home :doh: that one blew me away though i am sure they are better now but still
them there was the first time i saw a charge station that ran off a diesel generator
the final straw for me was the bay area type who drive them...
them reair and maint but the prius there are enough of them out there prices are coming down the mileage is really pretty good etc etc...then i remember the geo we bought for my mother in law got 63 mph with minimal maintenance and was actually a nice little car..
but having anything to take wear and tear offf the truck when yohu want is kinda nice

oh chit...check out the gounds too and all that
i do have a new in the box solenoid if ya want or need it
i was going to rebuild my old starter but never got around to it?
and i do like the 6.4 starter
if you want the solenoid et me know

yea i think Nick was onto something .
was the electrical smell the starter motor burning up by chance?
perhaps from a short keeping it engaged the whole time?

not sure any of that helps but ...just putting it out there
and again if you need a solenoid
Charge time and total distance was a turn off, as I need it to at least go 400 miles, or did. To get that, you need $100,000.00. It also doesn't help that they're so dang ugly and small, just can't do it and I can't fit well. Although, I do like the Tesla, but they're too pricey, too. I hope to find a decent hybrid or full electric one day.

·
california deplorable
10,420 Posts
i like my diesel :p
not going to electric anytime soon the hybreds are too expensive to repair.
and i like my limited emission idiocy diesel truck even the grape bush nearest the exhaust thinks the hydrocarbons that break down into fertilizer are preferable to ... anything

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Battery is all in and car works good. Only $2k for the battery, not great but not bad. There goes the funds for putting the steering box in the truck though lol.

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,454 Posts
13mm mounting bolts, 10mm exciter wire nut, 15 or 16mm for positive cable.

36381 - 36400 of 36469 Posts