Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

35881 - 35894 of 35894 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I don't see anything mentioning the new bolts. If you order them and they don't come with the new bolts I'm sure you can get them at a parts store.

·
california deplorable
10,237 Posts
oretty sure this is the one i got for 20 bucks of scamazon...
that said i never have used it every time i load up for scan i lose another hard drive...
now that i got a decent hard drive in this and the rest of the computer is crmbling aroud i shoud try to load it up again and give it ashot 🤣

·
california deplorable
10,237 Posts
like my keyboard...
now that it is starting to act up i am actually making more typos and we are only allowed so many corrections on the new site..
so i should be more careful but....where's the fun in that? :D

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Has anyone had any luck with Moog or Mevotech wheel bearings? I don't want the headache and those two both specify they come with the mounting studs.

EDIT:
I think I'm leaning towards the Mevotechs, RA says those are the "heavy duty" option whereas the Moog and Timken are the "standard replacement". Not to mention it shows they come with the studs / nuts and they have the snap ring which I forgot to replace when I messed mine up.

·
Super Moderator
12,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #35,887
Haven't used them before....found this on Google though. I usually stick to actual bearing manufacturer branded stuff....Timken, SKF, etc....the rest is re-boxed and it's hard to determine true quality. Just IMO though.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Thanks nighthawk! That was very informative, one of the comments said that one persons customers has a HD ram that they did with Mevotech parts and he's had some issue, but the commenter but Mevotech parts on his Tacoma with no problems.

I'd rather do the Timkens because that's a brand everyone knows and trusts so if I do sell the truck soon and I can say it has Timken bearings, I don't think it'll add value but it'll be another reason someone might want to buy it. Unfortunately with thee varying in pricing and not knowing exactly what comes with it unless I spend $700, I think I'm going to go with Mevotech and hope for the best.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
That's what I'm having trouble with because the only have 2 options for Timken bearings, one is for SRW or DRW, but none say if they have the studs or not. If I take the part number and put it into 1aauto it has studs but I'm not wanting to chance it based on part numbers from other companies lol
Pay the 20 $ n get the stud kit ( each ) u can always return it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I can't find any stud kits at that price around me, it's either online or $50 per kit at autozone. I think I am going to go with the timken bearings, when I did the ball joints nothing was too rusty down there so I don't anticipate having too much of an issue trying to remove and reuse the old studs. Worst case scenario I order new ones online and wait or spend an extra $100 to get it done in the same day.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
I can't find any stud kits at that price around me, it's either online or $50 per kit at autozone. I think I am going to go with the timken bearings, when I did the ball joints nothing was too rusty down there so I don't anticipate having too much of an issue trying to remove and reuse the old studs. Worst case scenario I order new ones online and wait or spend an extra $100 to get it done in the same day.
Partsgeek has the stud kits if u cans find them separate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I just ordered Timken bearings from Carid, they said they ship from my state so I'll get them Tuesday. The person on the phone said that they come with the 4 studs so hopefully they do but if not I'm pretty confident I can get mine out. Thanks for your help everyone!

·
Premium Member
11,502 Posts
I guess it's a little late now, but I've got a Timken on the driver's side and a Moog on the passenger side. Timken went on at about 120k miles, Moog went on at about 150k. The truck has 260k+ on it now and both bearings seem to be fine so far.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
That's what I'm having trouble with because the only have 2 options for Timken bearings, one is for SRW or DRW, but none say if they have the studs or not. If I take the part number and put it into 1aauto it has studs but I'm not wanting to chance it based on part numbers from other companies lol
Has anyone had any luck with Moog or Mevotech wheel bearings? I don't want the headache and those two both specify they come with the mounting studs.

EDIT:
I think I'm leaning towards the Mevotechs, RA says those are the "heavy duty" option whereas the Moog and Timken are the "standard replacement". Not to mention it shows they come with the studs / nuts and they have the snap ring which I forgot to replace when I messed mine up.
I've only used timken on the replacements I've done.
First one, I figured it came with studs and I spent about an hour with a torch and a vise as my truck was already torn down and needed to be completed.
2nd time I learned my lesson and made sure to get with studs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

35881 - 35894 of 35894 Posts