Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

35821 - 35840 of 36487 Posts

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,554 Posts
I had one fail at around 180k miles. Just went w/ the Motorcraft parts, and only did the one that failed. No issues at 220k miles. That said, I like Timken parts.

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Quick question, are Timken wheel bearings worth the price? I'm looking on 1aauto, I can get the TRQ pair for $365, or $730 for the Timken pair. Only one is really bad, but the other is following so I want to just do them both if I ever get my truck back from the trans shop... Also are there any other brands I should look at like Moog, Yukon, SKF or Motorcraft?
So hey , just putting it out there partsgeek has timkens around 318 I replaced both of mine at different times tho. Studs come with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Couple 12.5k loads for the leaker today.
10k of rock + dunp trailer

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Thanks guys! That's a little more manageable, looks like I'm for sure going with Timkens. I'm looking at RA now, it has Timken under the standard replacement, or Mevotech under the heavy duty replacement, Should I stick with Timken or go with Mevotech? The price is pretty much the same.

Speaking of the shop... I made a FB post outlining everything that's happened with the truck (didn't say the shops name, just said a shop that specializes in Powerstrokes), and I woke up to this message this morning...

I'm a little leery of this shop that just contacted me, when my 6.7 blew up I had a shop diagnose it and I decided I didn't want to spend that amount of money to fix it. I posted it for sale at $12k saying it was diagnosed needing a new engine and I got a message from one of the shop owners saying he doubts that and he'd look at it for free (in writing), if it needs a new engine he'd buy it or if I was able to afford the repair he'd fix it. He had the same diagnoses, offered me $9k, or I could give him like $1500 and take the truck back. I doubt I want to take my truck back there, but regardless, this was their message.

Anyway, my issue is that the other shop has had the truck for well over a week now. If this is a current picture, why is it outside not getting worked on? Anyone have any input on this?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Shoot. She made it boys. Fan fan didnt even come on

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Fella's I'm having issues with the ol' 6.0. I don't know what the deal is. I posted about that issue a few weeks ago. Took it to the lake this weekend and it would do something funky while crusing down the highway. Almost like it was searching for a gear or bumping in and out of overdrive? No check engine light. No codes. Fluid is good. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Fella's I'm having issues with the ol' 6.0. I don't know what the deal is. I posted about that issue a few weeks ago. Took it to the lake this weekend and it would do something funky while crusing down the highway. Almost like it was searching for a gear or bumping in and out of overdrive? No check engine light. No codes. Fluid is good. Any ideas?
Sounds like you just have a warren diesel tranny to me

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I'm not even sure its a transmission issue is the problem. Just what it feels like. No rpm change when it happens battery volts,ficm,icp,trans temp all normal.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Do you have a tuner? Have you tried driving it in a stock tune or a different tune?

As far as my tranny goes, I went down there and talked to the shop owner. He's hoping to have the other trans built by Wednesday so hopefully it'll get dynoed either Wednesday or Thursday and installed Thursday or Friday. He took me through everything he's done to my trans, showed me the dyno sheet and he's at a loss as to why it's over heating. I don't know anything about those numbers, but they were almost all the same for the line pressures. He said he could keep dealing with my trans, or do this new trans and abandon mine, or say my trans is good and replace other things on the truck like the trans cooler and charge me more money hoping to fix it. He said in the interest of saving me money and making sure everything is correct, he wants to make sure 100% the tranny is not at fault before replacing other things since I already paid to have it rebuilt.

The other trans is out of a 2005, the story is that a customer brought that truck in, it needed like $10k in work and the guy just wanted to sell it so the shop bought it for $6k to fix it and sell it. They've had too much work to deal with that truck so it's more of a parts truck now. I did go back behind the shop and there is a truck back there that definitely looks like a parts truck.

Hopefully I'll have my truck back by the end of the week or early next week, I did ask him if he could snap a few pictures for me while he's building the new trans, I forgot to ask about mileage on the truck though. I will try to get a record showing that the trans is my truck is not the original and state how many miles are on it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I prefer OEM motorcraft. Seeing how they will last up to 300,000km in a diesel pickup used as a work truck, with just as much offroad use as highway. Why buy anything else. Im pretty sure they are an SKF bearing though.. OEM's are pricey though. Timken is definitely a superior name in the industry I wouldnt doubt they would be worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
It's done, we laid him to rest today. His friend have been telling me why the back tires on all our trucks are pretty thin. Heard a story of him having to pull my 6.0 over on the way home and peel the rubber out of the fender well. The fairly new back tires on the Ranger are awful thin and the right rear on the F150 is a slick. Awhile back I pointed out the tires on the Ranger and he came up with "maybe they're over inflated dad" Yeah right. So anyway the funeral director knew his friends wanted to do some honorary burnout for Jack so he parked the kids doing it at the bottom so they could get out. After I finished his service His friends got in their trucks while we stood on the hill and watched. They did him proud, I'll post some pics if I can of the road in front of the cemetery. They came back and hung around in the cold as Jack was lowered in the ground, they just didn't want to go. The vault company made a camo cover on the top with a set of wrenches making a cross. Before they put that on I laid some wildflowers on his coffin and his friends followed suit.
His entire diesel class and many other students came yesterday along with 4H friends, we probably had at least 50 people in his showing at one time. Nobody cared about the wu flu. I was so touched by the number of friends, neighbors and family that turned out. They want to keep Jack's 4th of July BBQ and 4wheeler party going. They want me to ride with them. I told them yeah but don't expect me to ride like he did, hell I'm an old man not a 17 yr old. There are pics and a shortened video on my intagram and FB. After we left the cemetery there was a deputy sitting in the driveway. I turned around and came back to talk with him. I told him sorry/not sorry. They knew who we were there for and had helped last weekend in the search. He said he didn't know anything he just stopped in town because he had cell signal there. That was his story and he was sticking to it. So after talking with him he went toward the upper exit and I went to the lower one. Had my oldest son with me and I said let's do this. I held the brakes and hit the gas till the turbo spooled and took off leaving my own marks for him. Sure gonna miss him but we sent him out in a way he'd have been proud of. Here's a couple of pics, it was nice to be able to laugh a little today.

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
Thanks to all you guys for your prayers and words this week, that got me thru this. Hardest thing I ever faced, The other thing that kept me going is knowing Jack took his faith to heart, his friends and fiance confirmed that. I went from believing in Jesus to knowing without any doubt this week. I'm gonna miss him forever but knowing I'll see him again I can begin to move on now.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Thanks to all you guys for your prayers and words this week, that got me thru this. Hardest thing I ever faced, The other thing that kept me going is knowing Jack took his faith to heart, his friends and fiance confirmed that. I went from believing in Jesus to knowing without any doubt this week. I'm gonna miss him forever but knowing I'll see him again I can begin to move on now.
Dang man, I been hesitant to use the site since the new layout. I come back and ready this terrible news! Sincerely my prayers and condolences to you and your family sir. I pray for God's comfort and peace during this time for you all.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
My bluetooth obd2 dongle finally showed up today. So when I download the torque pro app what all should I monitor? I thought I seen on here somewhere a thread on what all is important to monitor but now I can't find it. Any help?

35821 - 35840 of 36487 Posts