Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

35801 - 35815 of 35815 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,496 Posts
Keeping an eye on your fuel mileage can help you see a problem early. I track mine and can see the trends. I do track almost every fillup, but not to check for that specifics tankfull's mpg. It literally takes 15 seconds to record it.

I've only used Gas Buddy once or twice. I don't use it regularly or even remember the last time I used it, but if you save $170/year with minimal additional effort, isn't that $170 that could be further invested and multiplied over time?

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,072 Posts
Keeping an eye on your fuel mileage can help you see a problem early. I track mine and can see the trends. I do track almost every fillup, but not to check for that specifics tankfull's mpg. It literally takes 15 seconds to record it.

+1 on that Dexter!

·
Registered
5,076 Posts

I've only used Gas Buddy once or twice. I don't use it regularly or even remember the last time I used it, but if you save $170/year with minimal additional effort, isn't that $170 that could be further invested and multiplied over time?
No. It's a waste of time.
170x50 = 8500
Double that over time if invested properly, 17k over 50 years.
You really think people who waste their time to save $170 a year are going to get that max return? Realistically. No.
Focus your time in your day on less stress and other financial goals and you will benefit further in life than saving a cup of coffee on a tank of fuel.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,072 Posts
Finding the lowest price for fuel doesn't necessarily mean you are going to be filling up at a run-down hole-in-the-wall.

Just keeping an eye on the stations near the house or on a normal route can save some bucks with minimal effort, and certainly not a stressful thing using gas buddy.

·
Premium Member
7,644 Posts
Watching mileage showed my rear caliper dragging before I really noticed it. I buy fuel at the Marathon in town when I get towards 1/2 a tank. I don't go out of the way looking for a deal. Trying to teach my wife that, she'll see gas 20 cents cheaper somewhere and tell me about it. I'll tell her I'm not spending $5 in fuel to save $2

·
Premium Member
7,644 Posts
One of Jack's oldest friend made a tribute for him. Hope it shares here OK, never used this platform before. If for some reason it doesn't work it's on my fascist book page.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Looks good, nice tribute. I think I also saw a young Mark in there.

·
california deplorable
10,233 Posts
I'm guessing you were pumping regular while I was pumping #2. $1.60 straight time and $2.40 overtime (for Federal Interstate businesses anyway). Not a lot to spend come Saturday night!
i made 1.16 an hour at the time
but 5 bucks in my bug got me around for a month +
not sure 5 bucks warms my truck up these days :hehe:

Looks like it plays OK. It made me laugh and cry so I guess it works.
that was a cool tribute thing weird site but it plays so...
had me and the wife in tears

i saw that too. i dont feel old, but the guy in the mirror aint the same guy i am used to 🤣

·
Premium Member
7,644 Posts
Younger maybe, I really was Jack's old man. I was 44 when he was born. Unless Katie found some pics when Heath was little. 20 yrs diff between those boys. We thought we were done when we got this farm. God had a better idea, He blessed us with a great helper. Now heaven has a new country singer and mechanic to help out till I catch up.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
So off topic but my thread isn’t getting a lot of traffic.

When ur torquing the rear hub but then backing it off 5 clicks. Are the clicks audible cause I can feel it clicking but I can’t hear it past the first click.

New bearings n races and as I tighten I spin the hub. Well now with the wheel n tire on still on jack stands them beaches fees uber tight. Doing the other side now but figured I’d ask Incase I need to pull the axle shaft back out n redo it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,496 Posts
No. It's a waste of time.
170x50 = 8500
Double that over time if invested properly, 17k over 50 years.
You really think people who waste their time to save $170 a year are going to get that max return? Realistically. No.
Focus your time in your day on less stress and other financial goals and you will benefit further in life than saving a cup of coffee on a tank of fuel.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Ok, but it's still an extra 12-pack (or 6-pack depending on your taste and location) each month, so it's still a win. Hell, @waggonerj can probably get a 24-pack of Busch Latte for that. Maybe two. :ROFLMAO:

Like I said, I don't use Gas Buddy, but I don't think it's a "waste of time" either. It's just a personal choice.

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,378 Posts
Ok, but it's still an extra 12-pack (or 6-pack depending on your taste and location) each month, so it's still a win. Hell, @waggonerj can probably get a 24-pack of Busch Latte for that. Maybe two.

Like I said, I don't use Gas Buddy, but I don't think it's a "waste of time" either. It's just a personal choice.
It's always Latte season.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
I actually use a similar app, if I have a choice and diesel is cheaper in the area , I’ll use it and get the rewards. However I wont go out of my way for fuel 10c cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35801 - 35815 of 35815 Posts