Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

33141 - 33160 of 37262 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
sounds like veins are hanging up a little bit, give it some throttle abuse to get the EGT's up to clear up the turbo
I'm scared too. Hahaah. Next time I drive it, I'll let her rip but I don't have an EGT probe yet. Trying to decide between SCT's probe or a analog gauge.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Just had another pretty good earthquake in Socal. It was a LONG one too. Was in In-n-out drive thru so don't know how big it was

I was washing my hands in the bathroom, and wondered why I felt I was losing my balance when that hit. 7.1 in Ridgecrest again.
My old-timer big dog is petrified of thunder and guns. My red husky/shepherd hets excited when she hears gunshots. She grew up in Idaho, and shots fired meant meat. She runs up my back slope waiting for meat from the sky every time I grab my gun, like this squirrel from yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
california deplorable
10,724 Posts
I was washing my hands in the bathroom, and wondered why I felt I was losing my balance when that hit. 7.1 in Ridgecrest again.
My old-timer big dog is petrified of thunder and guns. My red husky/shepherd hets excited when she hears gunshots. She grew up in Idaho, and shots fired meant meat. She runs up my back slope waiting for meat from the sky every time I grab my gun, like this squirrel from yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7.1 is pretty damn big :surprise:
great shot of the squirrel hunter :hehe:
was just out in the back yard the moon was glorious my phone doesn;t do it justie but im sharing anyways :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Used to have aCrossman .22 cal pellet rifle when I was a kid. Shot squirrels all the time and the dog would always go fetch them. I remember one time we decided to take some of those long wood cotton swabs like you get at the doctors office and dip the bare end in molten lead and let it drip to a point. Stuffed that down the barrel of the pellet gun and shot a pine squirrel with one pump. Stuck that squirrel straight to the tree and he couldn't fall. First time I ever saw a dog try to climb a tree. >:)

Reactions: backhoebill

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Well the truck needs new ball joints and I don't exactly want to spend $1500 to have someone else install them... Drivers side is the bad one, passenger side has a little play but not much at all, I just figure I should do all 4 though. Looks like if I go Moog parts will be about $300 so I'm leaning on learning how to do ball joints lol. My biggest concern in taking the axle shaft out, I've only done that once on a Ram 1500 and something in the front diff fell (I always assumed some of the gears, it was a scrap yard truck so I don't know), will my Superduty do the same? Is there any special trick for putting the axle shaft back in? Taking the axle out and putting it back in is the scariest part for me based on my prior experience, second to that is not having a vice lol.

Reactions: SparkyF250

·
Premium Member
7,764 Posts
Well the truck needs new ball joints and I don't exactly want to spend $1500 to have someone else install them... Drivers side is the bad one, passenger side has a little play but not much at all, I just figure I should do all 4 though. Looks like if I go Moog parts will be about $300 so I'm leaning on learning how to do ball joints lol. My biggest concern in taking the axle shaft out, I've only done that once on a Ram 1500 and something in the front diff fell (I always assumed some of the gears, it was a scrap yard truck so I don't know), will my Superduty do the same? Is there any special trick for putting the axle shaft back in? Taking the axle out and putting it back in is the scariest part for me based on my prior experience, second to that is not having a vice lol.
If you can't borrow the C-clamp press from the local auto parts store, then Harbor Freight is your friend.
I bought one years ago and have used it on countless u-joints and more than a few ball joint jobs. Stuff like that HF is hard to beat.

I've had good luck with MOOG, others have complained about them. When in doubt it's hard to get anything better than OEM

Reactions: Red Ford

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yeah O'reilly's has a press rental so I got that covered. I've always heard Moog was the go-to for suspension (last I looked into that was a few years ago though). Any idea on things that would fall in the diff when I pull the axle shaft?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Ok so I'm getting ready to order the ball joints, the upper one on Moog's website has 2 different ones, one is specific to the Dana 60. How do I know if I have the Dana 60?

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
If something falls out of the differential when you pull an axle you have bigger problems than just ball joints, you should be fine, the proper vacuum seal driver will be your bestest friend

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: backhoebill

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Ok so I'm getting ready to order the ball joints, the upper one on Moog's website has 2 different ones, one is specific to the Dana 60. How do I know if I have the Dana 60?
Should be a tag or number on the axle or diff. Cover.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
If something falls out of the differential when you pull an axle you have bigger problems than just ball joints, you should be fine, the proper vacuum seal driver will be your bestest friend

Pardon my ignorance, but poper vacuum seal driver? What's that?

Should be a tag or number on the axle or diff. Cover.

Unfortunately there's no markings. I'm used to seeing the tags on the rear diffs, never paid attention to the front diffs but neither of my axles have the tags anymore so I'm guessing it had both axles serviced at some point lol. From what I'm reading online, all the 6.0's use a Sterling 10.5 in the rear and a Dana 60 in the front. Still not sure why Moog is giving me the option of two different parts.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but poper vacuum seal driver? What's that?

Unfortunately there's no markings. I'm used to seeing the tags on the rear diffs, never paid attention to the front diffs but neither of my axles have the tags anymore so I'm guessing it had both axles serviced at some point lol. From what I'm reading online, all the 6.0's use a Sterling 10.5 in the rear and a Dana 60 in the front. Still not sure why Moog is giving me the option of two different parts.
I believe for your truck it would be the OTC-6697
OTC 6697 Wheel Knuckle Vacuum Oil Seal Installer for Ford 2006 to Current F-250/350 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004FZ5ZJC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ICtiDbW9Q8E0V

·
'consent of the governed'
5,696 Posts
Used to have aCrossman .22 cal pellet rifle when I was a kid. Shot squirrels all the time and the dog would always go fetch them. I remember one time we decided to take some of those long wood cotton swabs like you get at the doctors office and dip the bare end in molten lead and let it drip to a point. Stuffed that down the barrel of the pellet gun and shot a pine squirrel with one pump. Stuck that squirrel straight to the tree and he couldn't fall. First time I ever saw a dog try to climb a tree. >:)
I stuck a squirrel to a tree when I was a kid, with a blowgun. As far as other stuff, my lawyer said.........

·
Premium Member
7,764 Posts

·
california deplorable
10,724 Posts
i missed ost of this and i will TRY to go back but the internet is just crappola this weekend...
snapring pliers, harbor freight buy two and even if you destroy one doing the job you still have one and they seem to hold up fairly well...
other tools you can often rent from auto zone for cheap on one off type jobs :thumb:

in other news i got to put my new chain saw chain to use today and damn that thing cuts like a rabid beaver :surprise:

33141 - 33160 of 37262 Posts