Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

20001 - 20020 of 36952 Posts

·
california deplorable
10,629 Posts
2000 pages of this...WOW
cant seem to find the what are you drinkin thread but rumm and coke and loving it :D

Reactions: mhatlen

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Thought I was ready to be a grown up and come home and spend a night at home without the pup.
Nope. Don't like it one bit.
They say things happen for a reason, and I'll tell you what. I feel like I'm being punished for something.
I have all the toys, the big house, the nice watch.
But I literally have nothing else. I feel like I'm being taught a lesson.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: john galt

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Well @j.mo, I have a nice house, vehicles, toys, all the nice things in life. Own a successful business as do you. But the one difference is my family. Beautiful loving wife, 3 great kids and another on the way. And I'm a happy man, I love to come home. Now I'm not saying family is the answer, but I could give everything else up and still be happy as long as I have my family.

Sent from my phone

·
california deplorable
10,629 Posts
@j.mo
dont you have the new gal and the huskies?

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
@j.mo
dont you have the new gal and the huskies?
Ya, but they live in Reno. I split my time between there and home.for now, to try and keep tabs as much as possible on the business.
I finally have a crew that tells me, go away, enjoy yourself, we'll call you if we need you.
And bless them, but they just don't think the way I do, and they miss things or don't jeep up on things, not because I think they are truly Intently negligent, I think I have a good crew that trusts me and respects me and wants to be a team for all of us, but they don't don't have the mindset.
So the last few months things are not exactly the way I'd prefer so I'm going to have to work more time away from the girl and the pups. I'm trying to get her to move here, but that is still early. We are like 4-5months into this lol.
But, if there is one thing I am not, is indecisive. I know what i want and I know how to pull the trigger.
This girl, she's great. Would have no problem spending my days with her for a long time.to come. But she just started in a new career, so I get where she's coming from.
We'll see how it goes.

Reactions: john galt

·
california deplorable
10,629 Posts
well i hope it all works out for the best man she seems to make you real happy so i like her already :nod:
if you are waiting for an employee who thinks like a business owner...well...
good luck with that :hehe:
i have had good employees in the past but none that could cover me for extended periods by any means,,, I was ecstatic after 7 years to get someone who could cover my main obligation on the weekends :thumb:
that was when i started backpacking seriously, and it was great to get my mind off the day to day bs and back to what i lovingly refer to as reality :thumb:
keep moving forward and you will be fine. you are one i dont really worry about.
it sucks to be home alone though, been there hated that.
for me family is everything but family is more than who you are related to i have family who are just good friends to anyone else but i tell you if i was needed i'de drop everything and be there no questions. to me that's family.

in other news they are calling for ten inches tomorrow and i have to take the caddy with wife kid and dogs to town :yikes:
i cant freakin wait to get my truck back. i did do a bit of tinkering with the suburban and got it running pretty nice but i am NOT a tranny guy for that it goes to the shop and i am too busy throwing money at my truck to get the damn suburban fixed :doh:
ah well perhaps next month or the month after. :thumb:

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
Thought I was ready to be a grown up and come home and spend a night at home without the pup.
Nope. Don't like it one bit.
They say things happen for a reason, and I'll tell you what. I feel like I'm being punished for something.
I have all the toys, the big house, the nice watch.
But I literally have nothing else. I feel like I'm being taught a lesson.

I am all for you getting yourself a new little buddy. A little fella is going to be good for both of you.

I have Schipperkee dogs and they are a one owner dog in a big way. We have 3 of them and they are my favorite all time dog breed.
But there are lots of great breeds.

There is no way to replace the one you lost but a new dog is going to be your pal and can also be the best one you ever have

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
I am all for you getting yourself a new little buddy. A little fella is going to be good for both of you.

I have Schipperkee dogs and they are a one owner dog in a big way. We have 3 of them and they are my favorite all time dog breed.
But there are lots of great breeds.

There is no way to replace the one you lost but a new dog is going to be your pal and can also be the best one you ever have
I've thought about a new one, but I just want it to be right. I hit the lotto with that little girl. Very loyal, very smart. And extremely well behaved. Didn't need a leash, never wore a collar. Didn't have to be on her back constantly, she was just happy to be with me always, and we had this bond that didn't need commands, or constant watch. She came to work, and literally everywhere else I went or anything I did. Didn't bark, didn't jump on people, wherever I went she followed. And at work she just did her own thing. Never had to be on her back or watch what she was up to or make sure she didn't run off. Same at home out front. I could leave the door open, gate open, anything. But if I did that and left she would look for me.
She was amazing. Very good in the car, her temperament was great. Best dog ive ever had. She just loved to be with me, we were best buddies.
So I don't want to get another dog and have these expectations, and if they aren't met then I get frustrated, or something that like because that's not fair to the dog. I have had to train this little one. I just brought her everywhere and spent a ton of time from the beginning. And she just naturally became a great sidekick.
And I already feel extremely guilty spending my time with these husky pups, which I know it wouldn't be any different if my pup were here still, we are just down 1 crew member, but it's taking it's toll on me, and I'm trying not to let it happen. I spent all day with them the other day while summer was at work. I've been taking them everywhere with me, trying to train and adapt them and bond with them.

But as much as I'd love another one, it takes the right one for my lifestyle, of going to work and coming along everywhere. Because I have not ever left a dog at home like most people. My last 2 since I've been grown were off leash and with me everywhere. My other dog is a little old for work and the run around so he is with my parents in retirement lol. But never have a had the friendship with a dog like this one. Idk what it was or why but from the very start that little messy haired puppy was the love of my life.

Reactions: Patriot and mhatlen

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Can't imagine not having a dog to come home too, which is probably why I've had at least one dog under foot for all but 1-1/2 years of my life. Find yourself a new furry friend, be it from the pound, a breeder or a friend, I'll bet there are a ton of dogs out there looking for the exact same companionship you are.

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
@j.mo you won't find the same dog, don't even try. But you can find one that has his own unique personality and you'll bond just the same.
We lost Sadie almost 6 yrs ago, I still miss her a lot. She was by far the best dog ever! Then we got Buck a few year ago, he's not Sadie but now he's our best dog! There's not a day goes by that he doesn't make us laugh.
We knew we couldn't replace Sadie we didn't try. Same with Buck now, they're different but the love & companionship is the same.

·
Bump To Pass!!
11,891 Posts
@j.mo you won't find the same dog, don't even try. But you can find one that has his own unique personality and you'll bond just the same.
We lost Sadie almost 6 yrs ago, I still miss her a lot. She was by far the best dog ever! Then we got Buck a few year ago, he's not Sadie but now he's our best dog! There's not a day goes by that he doesn't make us laugh.
We knew we couldn't replace Sadie we didn't try. Same with Buck now, they're different but the love & companionship is the same.
This^^^

All are different and awesome in their own way. I will say we got Bailee (our pitbull) after my dog Riley got mouth cancer, and I think I will be rescuing more pits throughout my life now. She would follow me into the house if it was on fire. She is super loyal and easy to train, although the rescue ones seem to be more grateful anyway.

·
california deplorable
10,629 Posts
there is no such thing as a bad dog just questionable dog owners
dog "ownership" is just a partnership
and nothing has ever gotten me through the loss of a dog
but the love of another dog
we're here for ya but ... humans suck compared to dogs

·
california deplorable
10,629 Posts
snow is just starting to fly. they are now calling for 16 inches over the next 24 or so.
wind is gusty as hell and its a rather blustery day out there.
i get to hunker down and burn wood and keep warm until it passes if things go according to plan...still havent gotten the snow blower tuned up and running but...
i love working on snow blowers in blizards
at least i got the pathways raked up from all the wood s IF i have to get it running it wont choke on a brach or piece of bark and bust a sheer pin

Reactions: Flamed99

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
I'm getting the trailer hooked and ready to leave in the morning and loading the bikes.
If it gets towed out front over night, I'm calling al Qaida to bomb this whole sumbich neighborhood

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Tears have come to my eyes over dogs. That is all.
I have NEVER EVER EVER, even remotely been crushed or emotional like with this little dog. It's a trip. Best little soul I've ever encountered. I'm not really an emotional person, things come and go. But this little one stuck to my heart from the first week. And we were together like that ever since.
Everywhere I went, everyone wanted her.
Every person I knew, even my vendors at work said man if you ever need someone to babysit let me know!
Absolutely perfect. Never had that attachment to any human being lol

·
california deplorable
10,629 Posts
where are you heading?
its snowing like crazy here right now

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I finally made it out of Minnesota. I am NOT a fan of 16" of snow over night lol.

I'm going to do a dye test to figure out the fuel leak on the truck. After talking with insurance I may end up keeping the truck, it just depends on how much this fuel leak is going to cost me to fix and how much a turbo will be. I've been noticing the truck has a smoke on start up and smells like burning oil so I pulled the cac tube and there's oil in there which leads me to believe the turbo is on its way out (having another guy look at it to confirm my suspicions). As far as a turbo goes, is there a big difference between the stock 10 blade and 12 blade ones as far as build quality? Is there another turbo I should look at instead of a stock one? I'm not looking to add power as the truck creates enough power (truth be told maybe too much for being stock) so all I need is a normal turbo.

20001 - 20020 of 36952 Posts