Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home one day and had one of my CAC clamps snap. The hot side pipe blew off on me and so i was able to limp to an autozone and get a cheap hose clamp, which finally got me home. However, i want to re-install an oem style clamp so i don't have to worry about the cheap hose clamp snapping on me also.

The one that broke is on the hot side as stated, where the boot connects the pipe to the intercooler. I know the hot side has three different size clamps, so i want to make sure i order the correct size. I know it's not one of the (2) 2.75". So, which clamp do i need to order? The (1) 3.25" or (1) 3.5"?

Also, i've never replaced any of those clamps yet, and since my truck is an 07 they're now 13years old. Do i need to order the complete kit from riffraff? Or, will i be fine just replacing the one that broke on me?

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I was driving home one day and had one of my CAC clamps snap. The hot side pipe blew off on me and so i was able to limp to an autozone and get a cheap hose clamp, which finally got me home. However, i want to re-install an oem style clamp so i don't have to worry about the cheap hose clamp snapping on me also.

The one that broke is on the hot side as stated, where the boot connects the pipe to the intercooler. I know the hot side has three different size clamps, so i want to make sure i order the correct size. I know it's not one of the (2) 2.75". So, which clamp do i need to order? The (1) 3.25" or (1) 3.5"?

Also, i've never replaced any of those clamps yet, and since my truck is an 07 they're now 13years old. Do i need to order the complete kit from riffraff? Or, will i be fine just replacing the one that broke on me?
Order a set and replace them all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I will vouch for RIFF RAFF products and have their CAC boots (2nd set). I decided to replace the clamps as a set and ordered the complete set from RIFF RAFF. Although the clamps are good quality, some of the OEM appear more heavy duty.

If I had to do it all over, I would buy a complete OEM set but be aware, they are EXPENSIVE.

So far most of the RIFF RAFF clamps are doing a good job (I reused the 2 OEM on the problematic top side boot).

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
None of my RIFF RAFF clamps came with the constant tension coil which is why I used two of the old ones.

The dieselsite are much nicer for sure

According to KC turbos they use riff raff clamps....but who knows

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, i'll order from dieselsite. Thanks!

What size is the correct one i need?

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I had CAC boots blowing off, I tried cleaning them because they had oil on them and they would slip off. I finally just replaced them and that was the right thing to do, because the material had gotten too soft and the retention O ring built into the boot was too soft. I ended up buying some extra hose clamps to keep in the truck for just such an occasion. I think I got them on Amazon but I have never used them so I don't know how they would hold up. So if your boots are slipping off it may be time to get new ones.

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Okay, i'll order from dieselsite. Thanks!

What size is the correct one i need?
Just got an email from DieselSite
If you have the metal cold side pipe you'll need:
2 x 2.5"
5 x 3"
1 x 3.25"

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Just a FYI, a complete set of clamps form DieselSite is only $55.92 plus shipping

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to buy new boots and clamps from diesel site. Mine are covered in oil, so i'm sure they're breaking down anyway.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Family photo

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts