Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 was not equipped with a block heater plug from factory. This is something that I would like to do before winter roles around. I was wondering if I should order the part from Ford or are there better plugs on the market.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just installed one on mine...it is not hard at all...after it is installed how do you tell if it is working though??? That I have not found out yet.

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
I just installed one on mine...it is not hard at all...after it is installed how do you tell if it is working though??? That I have not found out yet.
most of the time you can hear a little spark when touching the drop cord to the plug in, or jut plug it in for awhile cold , you should be able to feel the heat

·
Registered
472 Posts
mine didn't come with a plug either. Had to get one from Ford. As far as telling if they work just unplug it real fast. You should see a blue spark between the plug and socket. You might have to do it a couple of times until it sparks.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Ford wanted $86 for one, I got mine at the International dealer for $13, if you want to save a few $'s I'd find your local International dealer

·
Registered
101 Posts
How do you tell if you have one? Where are they at?

·
Registered
164 Posts

You'll know right away on a cold truck. I't sounds... well it sounds just like water heating ie. a small electric water heater, a pot of water on the stove. I'ts not very loud but you can here it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
How do you tell if you have one? Where are they at?
look behind the tow hook on the passenger side it'll be tucked away in there if not

All 2005 F-Series and Excursions with the 6.0 PowerStroke have a block heater installed on the engine. However, the cord for the block heater must be ordered as an option (code 41H). The cord is installed on vehicles originally sold in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, Missori, North and South Dakota, and Wyoming. Broadcast Message 1512, 3090.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so that cord plugs right into the side of the block?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I called the local international dealer today any they told me they can’t sell parts for the 6.0s. Do you remember the part number?

·
Now where does this go...
33 Posts
Bought mine from Ford. Friend bought his from International. The Ford part has all the push-pin fastners in the right place plus a length that is covered in hard plastic for protection against rocks in the right front wheel well. The International works just as good, but is a straight cord so you fit it yourself. When it is just cold out you see a little improvement and your temp gauge is up a bit above the bottom line. When it is REALLY cold out...you will know...! Easy install, go for it! :thumb:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I called international today and they said they didnt sell anything for the 6.0s. Do you remember the Part number off that plug?

·
Registered
125 Posts
See if they'll sell you the part for a VT365 engine....

·
Registered
559 Posts
I printed that picture I posted and took it with me, then just matched the end up that I needed, sorry I don't have the part number anymore

1 - 17 of 17 Posts