Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my 6.0 has had a weird and hard-to-describe problem with accelerating so I figured some of you could help. when I first start the truck she flies (like normal), but after a few minutes once I get it up to about 45-50 it kicks down a bit (almost like overdrive but my pedal will still be to the floor) the RPMs stay high but it's just not putting out the normal power. This stays the same afterward at any speed, it will just have slow acceleration. The weird part is I can kill the truck start it and it runs perfectly again for about 5 minutes.
anything is appreciated I'm at a standstill. I have a snap-on solus edge if there are any specific parts and numbers i could check out to locate my problem

·
Registered
2005 F-350 XL 6.0
250 Posts
Monitor you PID's while it's happening. Something should show up. ICP, IPR, boost, FICM - hopefully one of those will help indicate the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Monitor your PID's while it's happening. Something should show up. ICP, IPR, boost, FICM - hopefully, one of those will help indicate the problem.
I will do that today, I've been fighting this problem for months, it's not major, just noticeable enough to drive me crazy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I will do that today, I've been fighting this problem for months, it's not major, just noticeable enough to drive me crazy.
Mine has been doing the exact same thing for months aswell. Mine is down now so be easy on it until we figure out what it is. Did you figure anything out on this issue? I'm sending Mine to the shop hopefully by the end of the week. If they figure it out I will let you know

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got on it and when it falls on its face like usual I heard a louder than normal whistle. Sense then it got more noticeable and by the end of the day I was hearing multiple odd noises, extreme loss of power and bucking, black smoke randomly blowing out with each buck...
Note: I unplugged the turbo and the whistle continued

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got on it and when it falls on its face like usual I heard a louder than normal whistle. Sense then it got more noticeable and by the end of the day I was hearing multiple odd noises, extreme loss of power and bucking, black smoke randomly blowing out with each buck...
Note: I unplugged the turbo and the whistle continued
So far I'm still at a loss, I've been playing with it on a scanner a few hours a day and just can't find anything wrong. runs perfect for a minute or two then boom huge power loss, kill it for 20 seconds or so, and restart runs great then boom power loss.
Please let me know if the shop tells you anything, I just hope it's not turbo-related since I just bought a new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts