Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this possible, does the 6.4 bolt up where the 6.0 does or not, if not ... what would it take to do so. also would it work with the tranny or would that have to be swapped too?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I will work, the 6.0 trans will bolt to the 6.4..

whats it gonna take ALOT, how much is it gonna cost ALOT..why is this, because it hasn't been done yet, and all the parts you will need are brand new, therefore they are more expensive.. I considered doing it to mine (found a good deal on a motor and trans) but after buying all of the harnesses and PCM and ECM and TCM..I would have a fortune it it..

·
Registered
35 Posts
This sounds like a awesome idea if you could find a complete truck to just take all the parts. off of. Bump :bump: just cause I'm intereseted and keep us up to date.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
A while back there was a complete rolling chassis on ebay for 5k, (Minus body parts, but had all the wiring ect.)I was real tempted to grab it and drop the ex body on it. (That would have been killer) But the wheel base was different.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
A while back there was a complete rolling chassis on ebay for 5k, (Minus body parts, but had all the wiring ect.)I was real tempted to grab it and drop the ex body on it. (That would have been killer) But the wheel base was different.
For only 5K I would have bought it whether I knew what to do with it or not!

·
Registered
759 Posts
remember the threads with the spy pics of the first 08's? it was just a 6.0 body style truck but remember they extended the grill somehow and put a cowl type hood on it? i just remember something like that, you might wanna look into it, might not, just tryin to help.

·
Registered
591 Posts
:bump: :bump:

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
remember the threads with the spy pics of the first 08's? it was just a 6.0 body style truck but remember they extended the grill somehow and put a cowl type hood on it? i just remember something like that, you might wanna look into it, might not, just tryin to help.
well i was dropping my truck off at the dealer monday and in talking to my tech he says that the 6.4 should fit into the 6.0 body style. obviously like he said would just have to work out the mounts and the electrical system. He also suggested to get a gasser and convert that instead. which is a good idea just drop the 6.4 into that gasser

·
Registered
597 Posts
hmm. Why not wait and get a 6.7 to drop in?? :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts