Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded my 04 6.0 on an08 6.4 needed more cab for my son and more bed for me so I go a cclb an it feels a lot dif it is quiet and rides like a car compared to the last truck I am glad I made the change but I almost cried leaving my 04 to the dealer. I hope I made a good change.

2004 f250, dual 5" chrome stacks 285/75/16 at 10 ply, Vivian's looney (awesome) duplicolor spray bed liner on my rockers and fender lip 10" high

·
Registered
227 Posts
I know how you feel i left my 03 at the dealer for a 08. It feels like you are stabbing your best friend in the back. lol

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Left my 05 for my 10 but not to a dealer. A guy down the street from us owns a tree removal, brush clearing company and needed something bigger than his Chevy 1500 to pull the trailers. I was sad to let it go and feel even worse when I hear it roar by daily. From the cab I thought it sounded pretty good, but working in the driveway while he pulls a trailer up our street it sounds soooooo damn good!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
just gotta make the 6.4L sound better so u wont miss the 6.0L as much !!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it is like stabbing your best friend. And that's the plan but I'm not exactly sure when I can do it don't the power train have 100,000 mile warranty on it and if I tune and delete won't it void that? Also I am thinking to save some money I will just cut the cat and dpf out myself and straight pipe it and buy a tuner before of course. But is that cheaper than buying a Kit for 1200? Also I have an sct x3 sf3 will that tuner work? I seem to hear a lot about spartan.... Should I go that route? I also miss the louder idle of the 6.0 but it think I'll like the durability of the 6.4 better.

2004 f250, dual 5" chrome stacks 285/75/16 at 10 ply, Vivian's looney (awesome) duplicolor spray bed liner on my rockers and fender lip 10" high

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
just gotta make the 6.4L sound better so u wont miss the 6.0L as much !!!
Mine is 5" straight pipe dpf deleted and no cat or muffler and it's half as loud as my 6.0. It needs a single turbo or different turbos to sound better. I really like elites, tow power x's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts