Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
YUP, check this out:

- ROTELLA Products

What do you guys think? I'm still trying to figure out how running synthetics is cheaper, I like it for cold weather and cold starts reasons. They are advertising 1% Fuel econo gain. say you're squeezing 16 on avg tank... you now get 16.16!!! I don't think that saves any money (I may be wrong). But for cold weather can't beat it.

Would like to add one note: Notice how this new 5-40 states it meets the Ford Oil Spec, but the 15-40 CJ-4 triple Does not state it meets the ford spec. What's up with that?

·
Registered
659 Posts
you dont save money with fuel economy,you save money on change intervals,you can go twice as long on a oil change with the syn.

·
Registered
467 Posts
well i just bought some and its waiting another 200 miles of drving and it goes in as well as my fumoto so ill post results

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering when the mainstream 5-40's would go CJ-4. I'm just glad on this one they advertise the Ford Spec.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Actually, even with the synthetic Rotella you don't want to double the OCI. The 6.0 shears oil pretty quickly even with synthetics.

I use it because it isn't THAT much more than dino and my truck starts, idles, and runs better with the 5W40. It also resists coking in the turbo better than dino oils.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree cisco. so you're paying for the extra protection & start up in cold weather really. I couldn't see myself running syn more than 1-2k more than dino. I do 5k w/dino currently... 6 or 7 would be max regardless of oil brand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts