Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a 5th wheel? I'm curious how it works for height adjustment and tweaking it so that the trailer is level... Additionally if you have multiple 5th wheels can you have it setup so that you don't have to do anything in the truck bed... Ideally i'd like to be able to unhook my car hauler and hook my camper within seconds or minutes.. (currently have a bumper pull enclosed car hauler and no camper want some info!)

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have a 30ft 5th wheel i pull with my 2001 f250. the best way i can tell you that i installed the hitch, is run a rope across the bed of the truck from center of rear tire to center of other side rear. now measure 2-3 inches back and that how i placed mine. a little old school method but it works.
i also have a long bed so the hitch is a fixed mount and not a slider. if you have a short bed you will need the slider. you can install a gooseneck ball right underneath the 5th wheel for quick changeover also.
height adjustment i believe is approx. 48 inches from the ground to top of 5th wheel plate. mine rests about 2 inches below the bedrail.
hope this helps

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely helpful thanks

Sent from my DROID4 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts