Premium Member
11,637 Posts
Old vs. New

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Old vs. New
The big deal with the newer pan is the valley is larger which will accommodate the updated filter (the one used in the 5R110)08 and newer. In my opinion, there is no point in going with the larger pan if you're not upgrading the filter.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
29,129 Posts
the Derale pan is the same pan for 5 transmissions but it uses a interchangeable brackets to hold the filter in the housing only the 5r110W aka 08.5 up does not use a standoff plate
for that pan ( being the pan bottom holds the filter )

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So the plot thickens. 2 Ford dealers are giving me conflicting info. One says I have 4r100, other says I have 5R110W. The pan I pulled had the screen style filter and smaller pan, so I believe either the dealer saying I have 4r100 is wrong, or they are cross compatible. Bolt pattern is same. I'm going to go to town on them with the calipers once I pull the old one off this PM. Also compare to images from successful upgrades. Geez why don't they have the same information

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yep the 5r110 was introduced with the 6.0 I believe. The 4r100 was an upgrade from the E4OD and was in production from 98 to 03 IIRC.

·
Registered
159 Posts
So my ford dealer wants vin number all the time as there system is setup so you get only the part that came with the truck. So must be not all dealers do this?

·
Registered
141 Posts
So my ford dealer wants vin number all the time as there system is setup so you get only the part that came with the truck. So must be not all dealers do this?
Not the dealer here. I gave him the year model of the truck I wanted a pan and he gave me what I needed. He didn't ask me any questions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can get both the Pan (8C3Z-7A194-B) for $73 and the filter (FT-180) $38.00 via Amazon Prime.

Also, not 100% sure on this but I think the original pan does not have a drain plug however the new one does.

Mike

·
Administrator
29,129 Posts
my old one had a drainplug

i just did this swap again Friday the OEM pan held just shy of 9 quarts if you let it drain overnight

my new pan was 16 quarts to full .. the new pan i used hold 7 qt more than stock

·
Registered
132 Posts
my old one had a drainplug

i just did this swap again Friday the OEM pan held just shy of 9 quarts if you let it drain overnight

my new pan was 16 quarts to full .. the new pan i used hold 7 qt more than stock

I see that in the state of California this pan may cause cancer. Thankfully I do not live in CA and am therefore considering purchasing it. Question @ZMANN does the derale pan simply bolt in or does the crossmember need to be loosened t install it ?

·
Administrator
29,129 Posts
direct bolt on
the bolts near the cross member are best started by hand after you have two bolts holding the pan in place , then start all the bolts by hand

do not use the cork gasket included just use or get a new OEM reusable unit

21 - 39 of 39 Posts