Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the 5r110 have to relearn everytime you return to stock or retune .

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Yes the 5r110 does have to relearn whenever you switch out tunes. If you go to stock before going to your next tune then it takes longer for the tranny to relearn or rather the relearn seems more drastic.

I know guys say that it takes the proverbial 50 miles of driving on a tune to get the tranny to relearn but in all honesty it should take less than 2 miles to get it to relearn. It's all about how you help it learn.

All one needs to do when they load up a new tune from being at stock is to run the truck so it shifts once (1-2) and then stop. Then go again and let it shift twice (1-2-3) then stop. Then go again and let it shift three times (1-2-3-5) and then stop. Then finally go again and let it shift four times (1-2-3-5-6) and then stop. Do this sequence twice and the transmission relearn process has been complete.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
perfect thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
The is an option to have re-learn tuned off through your tune writer. I know this because I have some tunes that would shift good when I first loaded the tune then go to crap after 50 miles or so. Re-learn tuned off kept them how I want them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts