Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the mbrp 5in system and want to straight pipe it. I considered the delete pipe but, I still need to have the look of a muffler. There is a cop around the area that has been busting people. I was thinking weld a piece of 4in inside my muffler. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
If it is a 5" system find some one with a plasma cutter and cut the center section out, slide a delete pipe in, weld er up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, plasma cutter will be hard to find but i will ask around.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any other ideas...?

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
if its 5" you ought to be able to cut around the muffler with a cut off wheel on an air grinder. My dad did this on a kenworth... he cut around the outside of the muffler where the collars are that slide onto the pipe and pretty much gutted out the muffler and slide a peice of pipe through the "muffler" DOT never gave him a ticket but they did question it a few times.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im not following you on that choupique, i do have the mbrp muffler, would that still work?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:bump: :bump: :bump:

·
Lifetime Premium Member
6,100 Posts
im not following you on that choupique, i do have the mbrp muffler, would that still work?
I think he is saying,take a piece of 5" pipe and run it through the existing muffler housing..So it looks like it still is a functioning muffler.
I have the 5" on mine..doesnt really act as a muffler though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well got everything working and love it. I ran a piece of 4in through my muffler and put a 5in-4in reducer on each side so it would still line up with the existing exhaust. what a difference, i have my whistle back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts