Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen boost numbers that high? The most I usually ever hit is 47 and then I saw 50 one day. Coincidentally that day I could smell burning transmission fluid.:doh:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have my defuel setting at 40 psi, and yes I have seen it go over 40 and defuel a few times.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know like mid 40s is normal but to hit 50 and smell burning transmission fluid struck me as odd.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I know like mid 40s is normal but to hit 50 and smell burning transmission fluid struck me as odd.
I have seen as high as 65 psi with my Spartan on the 310. The problem comes when you let off the throttle, all that pressure has nowhere to go. I've seen some extreme cases where there is enough back pressure to hold the intake valves open. The intake valve meets the piston at TDC and breaks the piston.

·
Warheads on Foreheads
1,812 Posts
I have seen as high as 65 psi with my Spartan on the 310. The problem comes when you let off the throttle, all that pressure has nowhere to go. I've seen some extreme cases where there is enough back pressure to hold the intake valves open. The intake valve meets the piston at TDC and breaks the piston.
not good, wish these trucks came with a wastegate and BOV:doh:

·
Powerstrokin' For Life
127 Posts
DDAANNGG this rig can make some PSI huh?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whats funny is in the beginning it only made 42 then 45 then 47 and recently it hit 50

1 - 7 of 7 Posts