Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can You Guys Give me an Extensive list on EVERYTHING i have to do to make over 500hp, i want upgrades, add-ons, Maintance, Everything.
Im planning on buying all the parts over the next 2 summers, as im still in school and have no bills. And then Putting it all on in one shot.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Alot:hehe: I will try to type up a list to the best of my knowledge tomorrow. 1:30 is to late for that:doh:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, Alright.
Im not really limited on the amount of money i will spend.
So Far im looking at.
The Beans Custom h2e with upgraded turbo
The Beans Stage 3 injectors.
Stealth Oil Pump.
The Air Dog Fuel System.
Banks IC
ARP Headstuds

Any intenals?

·
Registered
233 Posts
im doin pretty much the same as you but by next summer.nd if i were u if u have the knowledge i would do diy stage 3s there only 1600 for our trucks. u need supporting mods to start. *17hpop,dont get a banks intcooler just get one off a newer 7.3 along with the hpop.i would go with some kind of custume tunes. tw or dp. air dog is good im goin with that as well. im getting meth as well by sno per. and as far as turbos im trying to find out the best one to get. i might haf to go with bdp d66 just cause of my budget.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
For that much power, I would skip the 17* and get a stealth system or an adrenaline will work. A 17* would run fine but it would have to be strong. Make sure you get an IC with aluminum ends with an h2e.

Internals? Studs, valve springs, and a gridle for sure.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
im doin pretty much the same as you but by next summer.nd if i were u if u have the knowledge i would do diy stage 3s there only 1600 for our trucks. u need supporting mods to start. *17hpop,dont get a banks intcooler just get one off a newer 7.3 along with the hpop.i would go with some kind of custume tunes. tw or dp. air dog is good im goin with that as well. im getting meth as well by sno per. and as far as turbos im trying to find out the best one to get. i might haf to go with bdp d66 just cause of my budget.
Tuning I would say TW, Beans, or Swamps. Many love DP but I have personal reasons for not choosing them.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Dont forget tranny mods. The stock e4od will not hold close to that power. If you got a zf, you will need a clutch at the minimum.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Lol, Alright.
Im not really limited on the amount of money i will spend.
So Far im looking at.
The Beans Custom h2e with upgraded turbo
The Beans Stage 3 injectors.
Stealth Oil Pump.
The Air Dog Fuel System.
Banks IC
ARP Headstuds

Any intenals?
Yea thats a good combo for 500rwhp.
Id also upgrade the valve springs.
COMP Cams 910-16 - COMP Cams Valve Springs - Overview - SummitRacing.com
those are a direct swap. You can even replace them without pullin the heads by cranking the engine so the cylinder your doing the piston is there to stop the valve from droppin.

And a set of hardened pushrods too, and custom tunes, and a trans or clutch that will handle the added power.

But the one this is the air dog, I remeber looking at the flowgraphs awhile ago for all there products to fuel my stage 3s. They dont seem to keep enough volume at the ideal pressure that our 7.3s like. I passed up on it... Instead ill be looking a making a custom setup, using a 99+ 7.3 superduty fuel pump.

·
Registered
233 Posts
do u have the e40d or the zf5 keepin it ford?

·
Registered
233 Posts
do tell more about this custome fuel pump

·
Registered
2,096 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Im not convinced that that fuel pump will keep up either.

·
Registered
956 Posts
You guys shure the internals will hold up to 500hp? I thing he needs to do the bottomk end along with the top end to hold up to huge injectors. :dunno:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
The 7.3 internals will be alright for 500. Bottom end could be built more but it was been done with the stock bottom end.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Tims I/C Page example
this is pritty much what is the stuff you'll be doing.
1/2 way down is the electric fuel pump.
I like everything but the carter pump in that plan. It wont hold up in a daily driven truck.

The stock bottom end on a 95-2000 7.3 will hold up to 500 hp properly tuned.

However at that level I recommend upgrading valve springs pushrods and headstuds

Oh and I would Go with Hybrids as far as injectors. 250cc should be enough to get you where you want

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I like everything but the carter pump in that plan. It wont hold up in a daily driven truck.

The stock bottom end on a 95-2000 7.3 will hold up to 500 hp properly tuned.

However at that level I recommend upgrading valve springs pushrods and headstuds

Oh and I would Go with Hybrids as far as injectors. 250cc should be enough to get you where you want
I agree with this, definitely go with hybrids. For a fuel system Id look into beans dual pump electric system if you dont want to make one yourself

and you will definitely need a built trans if its an auto. Modded H2E should work well with 250s, there are other turbo options out there as well, 42r, Swamps sledgehammer, etc. What your wanting to do wont be cheap.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
just pick up a 6.4 with a spartan
And spend $50k+:dunno: Some people love the 7.3 and wanna do something different and not take the easy way out. I would love to have a 6.4 but I think it is sweet to have a high hp OBS:thumb:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts