Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I go with 5% all around or stick with 15 or 10%? How dark is it at night inside the cab? I am not going to tint the windshield but there is a tint strip on it now and that will stay on there after i redo my tint.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'd suggest that you stay legal to avoid any LE issues. Frankly, I don't blame LEO's for being very cautious of vehicle with mega-dark tint into which they can't see.

·
Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow!
6,471 Posts
It all depends on your reasons for wanting to tint it that dark, I will tell you that 5% all around will be VERY VERY VERY dark at night. It will be very hard to see if a vehicle is approching an intersection with it's lights off, and it will make it very difficult for you to see ANY pedestrians. Also, keep in mind that the rear windows on a SC or CC are already at 19% (yes, believe it or not!) so you end up making that even darker than 5%. If you go with 20% on the front windows, it will match the factory tint exactly. I usually tell people that if you want your window that dark, consider replacing the glass with black, ABS plastic! It pretty muck works out to be that same thing and it's cheaper! :hehe:

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Im running five all the way around over factory and its dark. I like it though. Just have to roll down the window to see if you have to back up for anything.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm running 5% on the front windows and over the factory 20% rear windows. It's dark at night but I am able to see out of it. I just have to avoid making quick lane changes because I have to really look before I switch lanes. It really helps keep my truck cool in the summer and it's fun to sit at a stop light and watch people stare into my truck trying to see me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts