Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gonna run 5" stright pipe from down pipe back, and run a 6" tip... well if Spartan ever gets those damn dashdaq's in!!! :doh:

here are my ?

there are 3 sensors, do all them need to be put back?

and where would I get the sensors from if I broke them?

and finally who has the correct info on safe EGT levels?

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Yes you need the sensors in, sensor is an OEM ford only part right now, EGT safe level, one would assume the preturbo 1300 degree F would still be the limit.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I personally think 5" is overkill....when you get under there look at the downpipe...its got a BIG dent in it...and theres no way it flows more than 4" could.

All the sensors HAVE to be in there, as well a the vaccume thing for the pressure.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree... but 5" looks bad ***. I want that big 6" tip.

Its gonna be great when I pull up to a stoplight and some punk kid that wants to race in a honda civic has his window open, and I roll coal all in his chit!!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ohh that the best part :wink[3]:

I've got a 5" and it makes the tone of the exhaust a little lower, compared to my buddy's 4" system.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cant wait, Matt ( Spartan) where we at on the DashDaq's?

I may just drive up to him and let him flash my truck!!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hear u george, but I want the smoke to be thick and concentrted. I like the look of duals but it seems the smoke less cuz u divide the smoke.

I sound like an idiot, I know...:hehe:

·
Registered
387 Posts
You're right on how it looks like less smoke. I bet if I had just a tip out the back it would pour out nice and thick. But the openings on my stacks are 6 inches wide and almost a foot tall, so it kinda rolls out, but it's all good.

·
Registered
529 Posts
you can use 4" single exhaust with a 6" tip, which would actually make the smoke seem like theres more and it will look thicker because its being forced out of a smaller pipe

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ur stacks r bad azz, I love that look on dually's i just dont think staks would look good on my truck

yeah 4" all the way back to a 6" tip sounds like it might be the best route...

overkill should be by nickname :hehe:

·
Registered
800 Posts
I hear u george, but I want the smoke to be thick and concentrted. I like the look of duals but it seems the smoke less cuz u divide the smoke.

I sound like an idiot, I know...:hehe:
Nope, I get where you're coming from.
I like the dual so I can have a pipe on the left side to listen to.:nod:

·
Registered
573 Posts
I like the look of the dual stacks but dislike all the tubing in the bed unless they're covered with some diamond plate or something, but then I dislike how much room I lose in the bed because of all this :(

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I aint gonna lie....I think stacks on a pickup look bad...but I like a clean look.

·
Registered
800 Posts
It's got to be the right truck, and it's got to be lifted to get away with it.
There's a kid in town with stacks on his lifted, regular cab. They fit the truck nicely.
My stock height, CC SWB just isn't the truck that can fit the look..

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Sorry, IMO if its got a pickup bed...theres no right truck...but to each his own, I am sure theres things done to my truck that someone else would not like.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I got my 5" DPF/DOC delete pipe , along with 5" magnaflow exhaust with 6" tip... thing sounds wicked!!! Sounds like a JET! I am kind of disappointed with MPG tho... I actually lost MPG traveling on the highway... I was getting 14.7mpg (lie-o-meter) Highway and now am getting 14.2mpg... I am bummed about that...

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
You know....I have not been keeping up with mine lately, but I think when I took the cat off I might have lost a touch of mileage as well...or maybe I am pressing the go pedal harder cause it sounds a bit better....

·
Registered
800 Posts
I would bet that it's the ladder..
There is plenty of backpressure made by the compound turbos, and hardly any from the DOC.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts