Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a buddy with a 2003 F250 with a 5.4...he's feeling left out. He's done an exhaust kit and air intake, but still wants to run with my 6.0. I've told him that's a stretch :haha: but I knew of some guys (you all) that might have some advice. I'm no expert on gas trucks, so shoot away!

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tell him to stay away from T-Body spacers.

They sound inexpensive and promise HP gains but I didnt like how my 5.4 drove when I had it on there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Truck felt crisper when I took it off.

Not saying they are terrible, just saying his money could be spent in better places

·
Registered
84 Posts
5.4 mod motors are great motors, but they don't respond that well to upgrades. The only cheap thing he has left is a tuner.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Tell him to run it into a tree a then go buy a diesel

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
Tell him to run it into a tree a then go buy a diesel
well this is up for debate...

for most people a F150 would be more than enough for the regular person that is not towing on a weekly basis....

I have a 07 5.4L 4wd that i use way more than my f350 7.3L. plus it cost a whole of alot less and gets the same MPG as the 7.3L... then take into account that fuel is 50 cents cheaper as well as less maintenance.

now if i really had to tow something more than 5klbs i would take the diesel....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
353 Posts
When did the op say anything about fuel mileage or maintenance ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
i had a '02 5.4 f150 before i got my '05 6.oh lol i did all kinds of upgrades to try and get my speed and what not up with any deisel.... its a no go. i had a sct livewire with custom tunes from morepowertuning.com that was the biggest upgrade. my last option was a supercharger/procharger.

·
Registered
84 Posts
01wssick- that looks awesome. I thought about doing a remote mount setup under the bed on my old '01 5.4, but decided I wanted a 4x4 too so I traded it. You get any dyno #'s on it?

·
Banned
112 Posts
Thanks! and not yet, looking for 375-400hp on the stock bottom end. I'd sell the whole kit for $2,500.00 if anyone's interested for their 5.4

1 - 18 of 18 Posts