Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on TurboSevenThree's truck repairing the up pipes. We are half way done and will finish the other half in the morning.

Man I am short....

UH hey who took the turbo...

Hmmm... Maybe we should ask a tech!

Doh... Maybe we should of had a tech do this!

Yeah we broke some bolts...

But we found the turbo relaxing on the chair...

Tomorrow it will be all back together and running. Beer and duct tape maybe involved during reassembly.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
looks like you guys got some work on your hands!

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I sure am. We're a funny crew with Scott here towering over me lmao, 6'4" + mililtary boots, and 5'4" with shoes :hehe: Needless to say I'm the one crawling on/in the engine valley :thumb:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I sure am. We're a funny crew with Scott here towering over me lmao, 6'4" + mililtary boots, and 5'4" with shoes :hehe: Needless to say I'm the one crawling on/in the engine valley :thumb:

LOL. where the manifold connects to the turbo is a pain. When i put my new turbo in a had to make a bolt that was longer than the one that was in there. Good luck:thumb:

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL. where the manifold connects to the turbo is a pain. When i put my new turbo in a had to make a bolt that was longer than the one that was in there. Good luck:thumb:
It was not leaking at that spot so we left the uppipes attached to the manifolds .

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
OH and in that pic the truck was jacked up some and I was leaning on it, since he so conveniently neglected to mention that :eyeroll:

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Good luck guys! Looking good:thumb:

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its been fun all day, busting knuckles oh wait that was turboseventhree cut his thumb open. Cussing and breaking bolts. You should leave now vital by the time you get here we will be getting up and back to work.

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Im ready for bed brother! I put 10 hrs on the road yesterday Im tired of riding in a vehicle:) Besides I would just be in your way:thumb:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Did some crazy wrist twisting backwards upside down grinder work, yeah we broke one bolt and realized, we're cuttin! They were originally 10mm, but had shrunk to some non-existent #/64th size..............

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
At how many miles do they normally go bad and start leaking? i'm just wondering when i'm going to have to do mine:doh:
Well I don't know for sure how long they've been bad, but mine's got 184k on it, Scott's has 166k and his are bad too but not as bad as mine. Look for soot on the firewall and down on the firewall by the tranny's heatshield, and you can sorta hear it if it's leaking bad enough (mine were)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts