Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed the Gogo direct solenoid about 700 miles ago to resolve the 3-5 shift flare, which it did. Now, however, when I do a 5-3 downshift under light throttle, it holds 5 and then slams hard into third. Has anybody else experienced this after their install?

On edit: It's done it with the fluid temp anywhere from 70-165 degrees.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
From my experience that solenoid can fix an issue for a period of time before it eventually exposes what is actually wrong with the transmission.

Gonna want to read codes if no codes might consider a new trans.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hopefully you are still active on the forum (or someone else who had this problem). I am having the same exact issue with my truck to! After a smooth install of the Empire Performance Modified Solenoid, my truck also has a extremely harsh 5-3 downshift ONLY when my foot is slightly on the pedal. If I am coasting to a stop with no pedal pushed at all, it will shift 6-5-3-2-1 perfectly fine! Also if I am in 5th and floor it, so it makes it downshift into 3rd at WOT (or close to wot), it will 5-3 downshift quick, firm and normal. But just having my foot slightly on the pedal will cause this same issue your having. Anybody chime in? Been driving my truck like this for a few weeks now, it’s now just a habbit of mine to not allow my foot slightly on the peddle when slowing down. But, I know If I did, it would still do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts