Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove a 5.0 with the six speed manual...............all have to say is 412hp my azz. Took off like a banshee and pulled hard right up to 7 grand, speed shift and you get a sweet tire chirp and more of the same hard pull in 2nd-4th gears. It had the 3.55 gears and the double over is sweet 70mph was just around 2 grand. I think I will have figure out a way to and purchase one.:thumb:

One a side note, I was taken it pretty easy on the way back to the dealership (one Claremore Police officer had already been kind to me and just shook his finger at me in a stern manner). And a sweet grey and red 4x4 reg cab OBS starts blowen smoke at me between the lights.
Lets just say a taught him to respecketh the little Mustangs with the 5.0 badges on the fenders:hehe: sweet truck though.:nod:

·
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i saw one at the lot last week when we picked up my girls Edge... i didnt even want to drive one because i know ill have to purchase one.... just imagine what Saleen, Roush and Shelby will do to it

-Raul
I here you Raul, I would stay away to but I havent hade a new rig in a while and I have a good truck so why not:dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Here you go, this is like 24 hours after they picked it up from the dealership. They rented the track and everything:

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
This should make a few of you jealous then.

Just got it Saturday night. Put over 100 miles on it and have already barked the tires in 3rd and 4th shifts.

On the way home from the dealer my GF was driving it and was next to me in the truck. We had to run them of course. I didnt boost launch but she had me by over a car length before the turbos lit. She stayed ahead of me and I never caught up. I have driven an SS Camaro, and a 370z in the last month and I liked the new 5.0 more then any of them.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Yeah they are sweet that's for sure. I'd like to grab one too but I need to pay my truck off first and I already have 2 Mustangs. A 95 5.0 GT and a 97 5.3L 4v Cobra. That'll have to tide me over for a while.

·
Registered
240 Posts
they are nice, esp the power. im just not a huge fan of the body style. ill stick to my slow lil notchback

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.